USAplusColombia

I-134 Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My questions concerns a petition I filed last year. June of last year I filed a for a fiancee visa for another girl. Unfortunately, the relationship did not work out. (The father of her child refused to allow her to immigrate and some other issues!) So, I cancelled the process. I am presently filing another petition for my current fiancee.....will the past petition hurt my present filing?

On forum I-134

(9) I have previously submitted affidavits of support for the following persons. Will I need to list the first petition I filed even though I cancelled it shortly afterward?

(10) I have submitted a visa petition(s) to US Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons:

Will I need to list the first petition I filed.....................and the present petition I am filing?

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

You should take a look at the Imbra statutes affecting this. My recollection is that you need a waiver if you submit a new petition less than 2 years ago. You will need to list any prior petitions. It's in the system, expect them to find it. If you did this at the same embassy, and if it was ever sent to the embassy, they will know.

My questions concerns a petition I filed last year. June of last year I filed a for a fiancee visa for another girl. Unfortunately, the relationship did not work out. (The father of her child refused to allow her to immigrate and some other issues!) So, I cancelled the process. I am presently filing another petition for my current fiancee.....will the past petition hurt my present filing?

On forum I-134

(9) I have previously submitted affidavits of support for the following persons. Will I need to list the first petition I filed even though I cancelled it shortly afterward?

(10) I have submitted a visa petition(s) to US Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons:

Will I need to list the first petition I filed.....................and the present petition I am filing?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

sorry i wish i could help. good luck anyway.

I-130

Sent:03/02/07

NOA1:03/06/07

Touched:03/09/2007

APPROVED: 07/31/2007 (151 Days)

I-129

Sent:03/14/2007

NOA1:03/20/07

Transfered CSC:04/05/07

Touched:04/06/07

Touched:04/09/07

Touched:04/25/07(received pending email)

Touched:04/26/07

Touched:04/27/07

APPROVED:07/31/2007

NVC received: 08/30/07

Consulate forward: 08/31/07

Consulate received: 09/10/2007

Submitted DS-230: 09/18/2007

Interview: 11/06/2007

Visa received: 12/14/2007

AOS

Mailed packet: 01/17/2008

Delivered: 01/21/2008

Check cashed: 02/05/2008

NOA1: 02/04/2008

Biometrics appt: 02/20/2008

Request for initial evidence: 02/25/2008 (yikesssss)

RFE mailed: 03/03/2008

RFE received: 03/12/2008 (case processing resumed)

EAD ordered: 3/19/2008 (Thank God)

EAD received: 3/28/2008

Interview: 07/23/2008 (AHHHHHH- they request full medical)

07/25/2008 (medical submitted)

08/08/2008 (CRIS email- card production ordered)

08/19/2008: Green Card Received.

This should be moved to the IMBRA forum.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

On forum I-134

I don't think it will be a problem, but check the IMBRA statutes.

(9) this is a question about AFFADAVIT of support, NOT a petition. If you cancelled the petition BEFORE you presented an affadavit of support (normally at the interview) the correct answer would be "None".

(10) Yes.

a. "(name of previous fiance) petition cancelled prior to...NOA1, NOA2, visa application, etc." Enter whatever is appropriate but you DID file a petition for her, so yu have to list it. If you lie your new petition will be denied and you both could face bars to any puture visas, DO NOT LIE, you haev no reason to.

b. "(current fiancee's name) with this affadavit"

Good reminder for VJers to get these needed "permissions" BEFORE you file the petition. I mean if it is going to be a deal breaker, find out early. Also why I say DOWNLOAD packet 3 when you download the I-129f, study the entire process, start to finish, (it takes two years+ total) amd there are many steps. The I-129f is merely the first and not even the most difficult but everyone focuses on "how do I get her here". Now this other petition will be with you forever and you have run into other, possible but not likely, complications with this petition. Hey, I am not scolding you, just a word to save you and maybe others some troubles.

I mean do you know that even casual/occasional use of marijuana can cause a denial and rejection when she goes for her medical? Yet every day there are posts here that fiancees are rejected for marijuana use. YIKES!!!!! After all that expense, time and waiting the fiancee gets booted because she smoked a joint the night before to calm her nerves!!!! YES, they DO test for drugs! Then they will ask her if she uses them and if she says "no" she is denied for using drugs and lying about it. If she says "yes" she is denied for using them. And I am not saying, or even suggesting, your fiancee is a drug user, but hey, I make no judgements of people that use marijuana, just saying, you should talk about it. My wife has never used drugs but we talked about it, it is just part of the process.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
YES, they DO test for drugs! Then they will ask her if she uses them and if she says "no" she is denied for using drugs and lying about it. If she says "yes" she is denied for using them. And I am not saying, or even suggesting, your fiancee is a drug user, but hey, I make no judgements of people that use marijuana, just saying, you should talk about it. My wife has never used drugs but we talked about it, it is just part of the process.

Out of curiosity, where did you get this information? If it's accurate, I'll have to assume that they either test for different things in different countries, or that their instructions and explanations are simply incorrect.

The packet I received contains an additional document that consists of three sheets of paper, explaining into detail what any and all beneficiaries will be tested for at the medical.

I've seen around here that in the Phillipines, they do pregnancy tests. Here, they either don't, or, since the instructions for the medical mention nothing about it, they trick you into it without your knowledge. The latter, here, would be against the law, so I assume it can't happen.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

On forum I-134

These are specific yes or no questions. Read them carefully, interpret them literally and answer them truthfully and accurately. Now, what are the answers? Follow this same procedure throughout the process.

Pay special attention that while reading, you don't confuse "affidavit of support" and "petition" as they are not literally the same thing. Not literally, figuratively or by any figment of imagination are they the same thing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.