Pete

K-1's Treated as Criminals While Illegals Live and Love

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It's just not right that people come in illegally & get whatever the ** they want and in the meantime the people that do things the LEGAL way are forced to wait for paperwork to be processed! I know the security checks are a necessity(as they should be)-but what about the criminals that we live with everyday-who is checking their background?

I find it really hard to believe that ANYONE fears being deported-while the US govt's attention is focused on really imprtant things like new I-129F forms

Yes, all deportations stopped while a form was being revised...and most of the illegals I've met haven't done whatever the ** they wanted, they've been working crappy jobs to send money back to their families, for the most part.

The whole system is screwed up, no doubt. But for me to complain that fixing the situation for illegals is unfair because my problem still exists is just being a dog in the manger.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's just not right that people come in illegally & get whatever the ** they want and in the meantime the people that do things the LEGAL way are forced to wait for paperwork to be processed! I know the security checks are a necessity(as they should be)-but what about the criminals that we live with everyday-who is checking their background?

I find it really hard to believe that ANYONE fears being deported-while the US govt's attention is focused on really imprtant things like new I-129F forms

Yes, all deportations stopped while a form was being revised...and most of the illegals I've met haven't done whatever the ** they wanted, they've been working crappy jobs to send money back to their families, for the most part.

The whole system is screwed up, no doubt. But for me to complain that fixing the situation for illegals is unfair because my problem still exists is just being a dog in the manger.

well said. illegal immigrants are not living some idyllic life. let's not romaticize the situation. and the U.S. govt. does not let them do whatever they want...far from it.

we choose to go through the legal system so that in the end we can live a life free from the worries that shadow illegal immigrants every day (deportation, low wages, etc). Trust me, it's worth the effort.

I do not harbor any ill will towards those trying to feed their families out of desperation, nor will i make them the target of any frustration i have with "the system." 99.9% of us would try to cross the desert and border if we needed to feed our children.

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don’t suppose anyone is stopping me from going to the US illegally and getting a crummy job and a mortgage, but I don’t want to live that way. If they didn't want to live that way, they'd be stuck in USCIS hell too.

As annoying as it may be to read that illegals are getting mortgages… blame the banks who want to make money! Articles like this are written with the intention of causing a stir. I think that is why the article on wedding delays got picked up too – not because anyone frankly gives a sh#t about Americans and their foreign fiancées, but because they thought “hey, looky here! Let’s stir something up further in the illegal debate!”

That said, yes, I am annoyed by the delays and I do find all this very ironic. But there are ironies like this in all sorts of areas and I am not aware of them because they are not currently affecting me.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Anyone who thinks that the majority illegals are living the life of Reilley while legal immigrants suffer is living in la-la land, frankly.

And despite the fact that I'm currently in IMBRA limbo, I'd still rather be in the position I'm in right now than to be in the US illegally struggling to support a family, living with the fear of deportation. Most people are illegals out of economic desperation, and to complain that they have it so good while we who are 'doing it right' suffer is very shortsighted. The whole system is screwed up, and if by some miracle Congress manages to come up with a workable system to issue guest worker visas, I'll be happy for those people rather than complain that they haven't fixed my problem first. All immigrants are in this mess together.

No, Illegals, as the name implies are breaking the law by being here illegal. You have some audacity to equate an illegal immigrant to a person who applies and goes through the required process.

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone think, that if an amnesty program is initiated for the illegals that the paperwork and process time will not be of mind blowing length. The fact is that if that knock comes on the door for the couple featured in the article everything they accomplished will dissapear when that bus arrives back in Mexico. Our loved ones will be legal after this process and that knock will never come.

I have a sign hanging in my office courtesy of the "know nothings" from the middle of the 19th century "Irish need not apply" The fact is that 99% of immigrants came to this country for economic opportunity, no matter what the american mythology leads us to believe, cheap labor willing to sacrfice themselves for future generations.Same as today, fueling economic growth for a willing mercantile class. Read the essays from the voices or our business and intellectual elite, especially the Wall Street Journal. Rightly or wrongly, they see the migrant worker as simply another cog in the free market. Flowing across imaginary borders alongside,machines, software, money and ideas.The rationile for allowing the migrants for acquiring mortgages is not some heartfelt concern for their plight it is for their cash to join that flow. Privately the elite is laughing at the thought of stopping the migration, and I have a feeling that five years from the now "fiscal contraints" will hasten the removal of the national guard from the border

Finally, food for thought, A fence has been constructed alongside near San Diego to keep illegals out. In the spirit of unintended consequences migration actually increased the day laborer could no longer return to Mexico. Families now make the crossing a stay instead of the breadwinner returing home.

Jay

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-06-27

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-07-06

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-31

NOA2: 2006-10-21

NVC left: 2006-11-23

P3 from Guangzhou-2007-1-22

P3 returned 2007-2-28

P4 03/02/07

Interview 04/17/07

Interview Passed K1 awarded

Timeline
No, Illegals, as the name implies are breaking the law by being here illegal. You have some audacity to equate an illegal immigrant to a person who applies and goes through the required process.

I don't think people illegally immigrate because they feel like breaking the law...they do it because they are desperate and have no options. Those of us in the legal process should thank our lucky stars that we can read, write, and afford to go through the legal process.

I often hear people say that illegals "jumped the line." there is no line for them! a grand whopping total of 2 work visas for unskilled workers were issued to mexicans last year. they do not skirt the system for the hell of it, they do it because there is no other choice. be glad that you have the choice.

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Timeline

If every illegal worker were magically whisked back over the border right now, we'd have a serious economic crisis on our hands. It's time we came up with a sensible guest worker program instead of sneering at and exploiting people who cross the border without permission in order to support themselves and their families.

And it you're an unskilled, uneducated worker in a poor country desperate to make some money, just how fast do you think a visa is going to show up? I'd be more than willing to cross the border illegally to support my family if that were my only option.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Anyone who thinks that the majority illegals are living the life of Reilley while legal immigrants suffer is living in la-la land, frankly.

And despite the fact that I'm currently in IMBRA limbo, I'd still rather be in the position I'm in right now than to be in the US illegally struggling to support a family, living with the fear of deportation. Most people are illegals out of economic desperation, and to complain that they have it so good while we who are 'doing it right' suffer is very shortsighted. The whole system is screwed up, and if by some miracle Congress manages to come up with a workable system to issue guest worker visas, I'll be happy for those people rather than complain that they haven't fixed my problem first. All immigrants are in this mess together.

:yes: ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. It really annoys me that ILLEGALS can get jobs-but because my man is coming here legally(as galwayman said) he can't work for 3 months. When he CAN work there may not be jobs because ILLEGALS will do the work for 1/2 the rate.

I am sorry but that really aggrivates the sh*t out of me

I don't think people illegally immigrate because they feel like breaking the law...they do it because they are desperate and have no options. Those of us in the legal process should thank our lucky stars that we can read, write, and afford to go through the legal process.

I often hear people say that illegals "jumped the line." there is no line for them! a grand whopping total of 2 work visas for unskilled workers were issued to mexicans last year. they do not skirt the system for the hell of it, they do it because there is no other choice. be glad that you have the choice.

what choice is that? oh you mean the legal choice?

as for desperation-if my man wanted to get out of Ireland that bad are you saying ot would be ok for him to have stayed here illegally? it isn't right-I may be alone in this-but I am not happy at all about the Illegal situation here-especially when I have waited 8 months to get a visa for my man-the RIGHT way.

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Timeline
:yes: ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. It really annoys me that ILLEGALS can get jobs-but because my man is coming here legally(as galwayman said) he can't work for 3 months. When he CAN work there may not be jobs because ILLEGALS will do the work for 1/2 the rate.

I've yet to meet anyone who couldn't get a skilled labor job because an illegal took it. I doubt that your man would want to slaughter cattle or pull weeds in a field. As "W" has said, they do jobs that americans won't do.

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Timeline
When he CAN work there may not be jobs because ILLEGALS will do the work for 1/2 the rate.

It aggravates the sh*t out of me too-- but I'm aggravated at the dirtbag employers willing to exploit illegal workers for their own profit, not at the workers. One such employer was very open about that in the NY Times a few weeks ago. He said he preferred to employ illegals because they worked harder for less money and didn't complain about the lack of benefits lest he call and have them deported.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
If every illegal worker were magically whisked back over the border right now, we'd have a serious economic crisis on our hands. It's time we came up with a sensible guest worker program instead of sneering at and exploiting people who cross the border without permission in order to support themselves and their families.

And it you're an unskilled, uneducated worker in a poor country desperate to make some money, just how fast do you think a visa is going to show up? I'd be more than willing to cross the border illegally to support my family if that were my only option.

Actually all of this may be incidental. Many of you probably don't realize President Bush announced the formation and creation of "“Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America” (SPP)".The creation of this new agreement was never submitted to Congress for debate and decision. Instead, the U.S. Department of Commerce merely created a new division under the same title to implement working groups to advance a North American Union working agenda in a wide range of areas, including: manufactured goods, movement of goods, energy, environment, e-commerce, financial services, business facilitation, food and agriculture, transportation, and health.

The Task Force’s central recommendation is the establishment by 2010 of a North American economic and security community, the boundaries of which would be defined by a common external tariff and an outer security perimeter.

The only borders or tariffs which would remain would be those around the continent, not those between the countries within (Mexico, US, Canada).

This is not a conspiracy theory. It's all there on the government website:

www.spp.gov

Say goodbye to the dollar and hello to the amero.

Timeline

When he CAN work there may not be jobs because ILLEGALS will do the work for 1/2 the rate.

It aggravates the sh*t out of me too-- but I'm aggravated at the dirtbag employers willing to exploit illegal workers for their own profit, not at the workers. One such employer was very open about that in the NY Times a few weeks ago. He said he preferred to employ illegals because they worked harder for less money and didn't complain about the lack of benefits lest he call and have them deported.

I place much of the blame on our gov't and those employers-believe me :yes:

as for the work thing-it isn't just jobs like that..................it is now construction jobs, landscaping-my brother is a union plumber & he says that people are willing to work for next to nothing. Great if that is what they need to do-but what about the guys that need to feed their families-but can't because they are now out of work?

again-it isn't only the illegals. there are a lot of people to blame

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, if the system is making it so easy to live and actually make a living there, I can't really blame people who try and take advantage of that.

OF COURSE, it is not right and I am not trying to excuse it and it is just SO WRONG that

on the other side, they are giving people who want to do it the legal way, such a hard time. :crying:

But I guess how it is...barely anything is really fair these days...

We still shouldn't get too mad and discouraged...at least we know, we are doing the right thing.

And YES, WE ROCK!! :thumbs:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Well, if the system is making it so easy to live and actually make a living there, I can't really blame people who try and take advantage of that.

OF COURSE, it is not right and I am not trying to excuse it and it is just SO WRONG that

on the other side, they are giving people who want to do it the legal way, such a hard time. :crying:

But I guess how it is...barely anything is really fair these days...

We still shouldn't get too mad and discouraged...at least we know, we are doing the right thing.

And YES, WE ROCK!! :thumbs:

those of us doing things the legal way DO ROCK ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

LOL, that's what I meant. :D

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.