Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Do you guys have room for one more? My fiance and I are currently expecting a little girl =D We are thrilled!

Now Im just even more nervous to visit him and cross the POE being blatantly pregnant , or with a newborn at hand

Congratulations!!! When are you expecting? Your timeline would suggest sometime in January?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry! I should have put that in there, I will today ;) Yes, mid January! We cant wait.

I used to be on VJ under the name Stiggy - just cant log into that account anymore

Sara

Immigrating the other way around... from US to Canada

March 07 - Met playing Final Fantasy XI, and were friends for a while

Sept 08 - We knew things were going somewhere

Nov 08 - He was home from his mid-tour leave from the USAF for a month, I visited for 5 days in Florida

Nov 08 - A week later, I flew back to Florida for another almost 2 weeks before he had to go back oversea's

Dec 08 - We knew we wanted to marry eachother =)

April 09 - I flew to Utah when he flew in from oversea's and he was seperating from the USAF and drove back with him to FL till July 09

and began his passport application so he can come visit me in Canada too

May 09 - Ooops! Birth Control in April didnt work very well..... Baby Girl on the way =D

July 09 - Had to say our goodbyes , yet again :( Hoping to see eachother again Sept 09

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Girls!

How's everything? Summer is leaving us and we are missing it already. This Saturday we are going to a bbq,the last one of the season :crying: , this year we didn't go to the beach at all because nobody could babysit for us, I wish my family was here so they will be more than happy to do that for us, same thing with the movies, no movies at all, you have to see hubby, he loves to go to the movies but since Sofia was bonn no movies for us =(.

missing him@ Welcome to this awesome forum and good luck with your little one.

Chrissy@ Yay for Molly eating her first cereal! we haven't tried rice cereal, Sofia eats just Barley, congrats for the long night! Last night was the 3rd night that Sofia slept from 10.30pm until 6.30am then she plays until 8am and goes back to sleep for two more hours (and mami and daddy do the same thing). No more long naps during the day

Chnst@ OMG, I won't know how to react if Sofia does that, I guess I'll just tell her that we are leaving the store and give her the "look" :angry: , but who knows how am I going to react. I believe in "time out" big time.

Caro@It's coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how far is the birth center? everything is ready? are you having people coming over from Argentina?

Jenn@ Next one!

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

welcome missing him

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Congrats Missing*him :)

Stef, Evi and Kel - I can totally relate ... the terrible two's really do start at 15 months! Declan threw his first fit in public on Monday. Part of it, I think, was that it was his first day at a new daycare. He actually liked it a lot and didn't want to leave the play area when I picked him up. It was his dad's first night of classes and normally dad picks up at daycare, so that was different too. I needed to get groceries, so I ran to the store. At first, we was fine sitting in the cart and he ate about 1/4 pound of cheese I got from the deli! But when the cheese ran out, we got fussy, so I let him get down and help me push the cart. It was when we got into the checkout line and I put him back into the cart, that he acted out. Crying, screaming and trying to hit me. The worst thing was that his pediatrician was in line right in front of me ... talk about embarassing!!! I just stayed calm and ignored the tantrum and moved out of his reach. Then, I had to bring him back to the doctor's yesterday for a final follow up from his "pee pee" surgery in December (everything has healed fine). The children's floor has wonderful toys for kids and he didn't want to leave, so I had to carry a crying and squirming boy out, with all the other parents there looking at me sympathetically.

Question for those who live in/near NYC:

We are heading to CT for the weekend to visit my family and then, on Sunday, we are going to take the train into the city to visit my college best friend who lives in Manhattan. Hubby and I are bringing Declan with us. We'll have his stroller, but not a carseat. We plan on taking the subway and then walking to her place. Is there anything special I should know about traveling into the city with a baby?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Chnst@ OMG, I won't know how to react if Sofia does that, I guess I'll just tell her that we are leaving the store and give her the "look" :angry: , but who knows how am I going to react. I believe in "time out" big time.

LOL, the Look, I will try that next time!!

I am glad I am not the only one dealing with tantrums, it is really embarrassing....

@autum: NYC is easiest if you have an umbrella stroller to tackle the escalators/stairs/narrow subway. If you have a light stroller that folds easily that's best. But it shouldn't be a problem at all since you're bringing your strong husband. :)

I have taken a scary cabride with Ben on my lap once, shame shame, but it was dark and a shady area. cab drivers don't have carseats and they really don't care either. If you can avoid taking a cab, then go ahead, I don't recommend them they are the worst/aggressive drivers. Other than that NYC is very kid-friendly, lots of parks and sidewalks. Ben and I love to hang out in central park, and union square. Have fun and be safe!!

@missing-him: welcome! :)

@Evi: wow, I can't believe this guy hit the kid, that's terrible. The other story is kind of funny. I would be pissed if I was the mother, but that this lady actually took the kids drink is hilarious!

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

ben's cough is not getting any better. im taking him to the doctor tomorrow. there was a pneumonia case a day ago in his daycare room. lets hope it's not the case.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
ben's cough is not getting any better. im taking him to the doctor tomorrow. there was a pneumonia case a day ago in his daycare room. lets hope it's not the case.

i'm assuming you mean today........as tomorrow is saturday.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I'm starting to feel sleepy all the time again. Reminds me of how I felt during my first trimester. Figures...they'll probably let me off bed rest at my 34 week appt on Tuesday and I'll go back to work. Couldn't I have been sleepy during all my home bed rest time? :angry:

Timeline

i was up at night feeding him so if it's dark and i'll sleep, after i wake up is tomorrow lol

i'll have to go back at 1300, cuz walk ins were over.

I'm starting to feel sleepy all the time again. Reminds me of how I felt during my first trimester. Figures...they'll probably let me off bed rest at my 34 week appt on Tuesday and I'll go back to work. Couldn't I have been sleepy during all my home bed rest time? :angry:

it'll only get worse

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

ben is fine. the cough is deep but his chest is clear. its all in his throat, just a cold. the doctor prescribed something and gave me a note for him to stay home today :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

@missing him: Congrats and Welcome!

@Vi: We're so ready! I literally ran out of things to buy for the baby :blink:

Birthing center is 45 min away, and we will do most of the laboring at home. I'm not having anyone come from Argentina - hopefully we'll be able to visit with Sebas when he can travel

@Nessa: glad to hear Ben is ok

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

it'll only get worse

Thanks.

Timeline

sorry :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline