Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh ok. All I ever read is that the CDC adviced all doctors and hospitals to stop testing in June 2009. Maybe that has changed again. Glad to see that he seems to only have a mild case of it. Hopefully he will get better in a few days.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I hope Zaid will feel better soon!

Anyways, influenza strain A has many subtypes, H1N1 is one of them. So they only test for A or B, and if it is A, they assume it is swine flu, but it could be other types of the normal seasonal flu as well. Only the more expensive tests can clearly confirm H1N1. They assume that currently 90% of all influenza A cases are H1N1, yet CBS reported that the H1N1 cases are grossly overestimated as they only assume and do not test for sure.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

@HLM, that's what Rayan does that I put under the "colic" label. I know sometimes nothing works, but what is most likely to work for him is to nurse him lying down on the bed in a dark room with some LOUD white noise in the room (vacuum cleaner or hair dryer kind of loud). He nurses kind of frantically, dropping his latch a lot, kicking and slapping, but he seems to want to nurse -- maybe it helps things get moving or just comforts him -- and the white noise often calms him down so he can nurse, and it may also help him relax his bowels, not sure. Sometimes it also helps for me to hold him, standing, and twist back and forth at the waist as far as I can. Or I take his diaper and everything off him so there's no restriction of any kind, drape something over him on the changing table, and talk to him. Sometimes then he'll relax and roll up and do what he needs to do. But nothing is foolproof. Sometimes we both just cry.

I'm sorry you're going through it. I agree, it's so painful to watch them and not be able to fix it. Massages don't help Rayan much either, and he's never been constipated either. It is getting better, though, and he can sleep eight or more hours at a stretch now once we get him to sleep. Time will fix it.

I hope poor Zaid feels better soon! (F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hope Zaid gets well soon Kelly

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great Halloween pics, everyone! The kids are adorable! We didn't bother with Halloween this year. I don't think Adam minds and I was just not up for it yet - I'm too exhausted.

Kelly, I hope Zaid feels better soon - glad to hear he has a mild case. I wish there were a vaccine for babies under 6 mos., but I at least got mine. My sister, aunt, and two cousins have all had it this past week, so we haven't had too many visitors lately.

I'm thinking of trying simethicone drops to help with Adam's gas. I feel like he might be comfort nursing to help relax his bowels. I barely get any breaks and he doesn't sleep for more than an hour at a time during the day before he wakes up and does the red face grunting thing and wants to nurse. As soon as he latches on he does a huge squirt and calms down. Then he just hangs out sucking for a while until he falls asleep again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Kelly, I hope Zaid feels better soon! poor little one (F)

Jenn, I feel your tiredness- it is unbelievable how often newborns nurse. Sebas is 7 weeks and he still nurses every 2-3 hours :unsure: and the growth spurts are so difficult

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Kelly@ How is Zaid doing??? poor baby!!! big hug from Sofia!

Sofia is back to sleeping during the night and I'm so happy about that. She is getting two more teeth,poor baby I can feel her pain sometimes. Question to all of you mommies, everytime I change Sofia's diapers I have to bribe her and If I don't give her something she gets super mad, sometimes my husband has to come and help me holding her arms, she goes crazy moving and kicking and starts to cry, is a very stressful situation, is it normal?

This week I started with homemade food and she seems to like it, I went to BRUs this week and got just a few more containers of baby food but not as many as in the past, they have a sale 10 for $10.

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Vi,

Fighting the diaper change is normal. Sometimes STILL its hit or miss with Zaid. Now he just likes to put his hands in his poop. Blaaaa

I usually try to let him hold something, the baby monitor, anything i can find. Youll get the hang of it!

Zaid is doing great, You can just tell its taken alot out of him. He has been grabbing a blanky at random times of the day and literally hitting the floor and asleep in 10 seconds. He has NEVER done things like that. I sure hope he is 100% in the next day or so. I need life to go back to normal. I havent worked an 8 hour day at work in over a week.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kelly- I'm glad to hear Zaid is doing better!! I hope he heals completely very soon!

Caybee- ur baby sounds exactly like mine! I found the gripe water online called "colic calm" it sounds very promising; I ordered it and it should be heretoday or tomo. My mom tells me in Egypt if you have a baby that's a must; she says it works like a charm, so I'm glad I found it and I hope it truely works!

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Vi: Totally normal. Jona started that right around teething, at 6 months and has done it eversince. Sometimes you can bribe him with the cell or the car keys, sometimes nothing helps. Which is why we started potty training. We let him run around without diaper a lot and there are sure signs when he needs to use the potty. I have read a book on early potty training and I am intrigued by elimination communication and how early many kids in this world have bladder and rectal control. It's amazing! I think since we started so late on it, it will take a while, but I cannot wait to ditch diapers.

Oh what kind of baby food is $1 a jar? At Target Earth Best is 77 cents per jar and 69 on sale! BRB seems to be expensive!!!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We used the Gerber organics babyfood and the 2packs were 10 for 10$ ...Also the Gerber containers are much larger so in the beginning we could get 2 feedings from one container.

Im trying to figure out what Im getting the lil man for christmas. He has nearly every toy you could imagine. I think I will get him a lot of interactive books and learning toys. Does anyone know what they are getting their little ones?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

@ Kelly, I'm so happy to hear that Zaid is doing better! He's been on my mind.

I'd had no luck finding the H1N1 vac anywhere, but when we took my husband in for his seasonal flu shot last night, they'd just received the H1N1, so we were both able to get it. They ran out while we were there. It's a big relief to have that done.

@ Jenn, I feel for you. If you get the gas drops, I hope they help. They didn't seem to do much for Rayan, but the constant nursing did subside after a few weeks. Nursing in bed has helped so much with my sleep, though I'm almost to the point of dragging hubby to Ikea for a queen- or king-sized bed and moving his big TV into the bedroom so we can sleep in the same room again!

@ Vi, I hope the diaper changing gets easier. Rayan has gone from hating them but not being old enough to fight me to usually enjoying them, but he is getting so strong now that if and when he starts hating them again, I know it will be difficult. My husband tells me that at three months, he can already throw a full-on temper tantrum, arms and legs flailing, if it's taking hubby to long to heat his milk. So my husband now believes the tantrums toddlers throw must be something they're born with an instinct to do rather than something they intentionally pick up. We'll see if he still believes that in a couple of years :)

@ HLM, I'm eager to hear how the gripe water does!

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Gosh, I had a lot of reading to catch up on ....

Love all the new pics! I'll post Declan's Halloween pics when I get a chance. He wore the same monkey costume that Zaid did.

Disneyworld looks so fun! We have a great little kid amusement park in NH called Storyland and we have season passes. It was so much fun taking him on the rides. Can't wait to go to Disneyworld.

So sorry about Zaid. Hoping he feels better soon.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm glad to hear that what Sofia is doing is normal, I forgot to mention that what really calms her down is to hold the diaper rash cream, I don't let her put it on her mouth but she loves to hold it like a trophy. What about giving her a bath? he doesn't stay sit anymore she is always standing up.

Yesterady I found out that my baby gets scared whenever I laugh, it's so weird, she can be playing and as soon as she heards me laughing she crawls really fast to me and starts crying,she just wants me to hold her, poor baby!

We usually buy the Gerber organic food, 2pack $1 and the price in the supermarket goes from $1.49- $1.69.

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG...trying to change almost 10 month old twins should be an olympic event. Hana will see Zak (because the changing table is by his crib) and she wants to turn to see him or laugh at him. Anything on the top of the changing table is game to try to distract them. I think tonight they finally figured out my MO and said "forget this". :( I usually end up pinning them down with my right arm (and making them mad) and using my left hand to one handedly get the diaper attached.

I am glad to hear Zaid is doing better. I keep praying I don't get the flu from one of my students. I have had a lot of kids out already this year.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png