77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Im going to have to agree. It's really awful that the cases have been pushed back so far. I can certainly sympathize, but really, no person short of VSC employees knows the cause of the delays. They may have had large numbers of employees quit for all we know :D

eeee..with all due respect: you dont' quit your job when the country in recession and massive lay offs are happening... Just an FYI:)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

id use this graph for sure if you are going to contact your senator.

national average of 6.5 months = eeeeeek

I don't think this graph works in our benefits. They show .5 more than the goal is.

Somehow, I don't think senator would like to see that..) :whistle:

the graph is important to those that have beeen waiting over 6.5 months which is quite a few ppl.

That's not an impressive evidence for people who have not reached 6months yet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

USCIS updated their processing times today.

As of November 30, 2008, it's estimated to take 6 months to get approved if sent to CSC, but in Vermont, they were working on petitions from April 15.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...e=serviceCenter

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
There are too many unknown variables for anyone short of a USCIS employee can justify. Unfortunately, K visa's are not the only visas processed, we do not know VSCs caseload or CSCs to actually make that assumption.

IMO, I think the best response to the frustration is sit and wait, enjoy the time you still have with your friends and family at your current home while you still can. If I spent all my time getting frustrated at VSC (and I have my reasons) or stressing myself out in general, I probably would be to the hospital and back. But for now, I focus on my job, the logisitics of moving, and the life I have here in Canada.

The letter was not a request to expedite my case, but a letter to show the congressman the difficulties that some of you guys have been having and hopefully on the 6 month review the congressman can ask some important questions to the Attorney General. The new administration is advocating transparency in government and so I would like to see USCIS also provide us with more information, including EXACTLY what are the issues with processing times at ANY of the service centers(including VSC, to get back onto topic here) and why the fiance visa is considered secondary to worker visa's?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
There are too many unknown variables for anyone short of a USCIS employee can justify. Unfortunately, K visa's are not the only visas processed, we do not know VSCs caseload or CSCs to actually make that assumption.

IMO, I think the best response to the frustration is sit and wait, enjoy the time you still have with your friends and family at your current home while you still can. If I spent all my time getting frustrated at VSC (and I have my reasons) or stressing myself out in general, I probably would be to the hospital and back. But for now, I focus on my job, the logisitics of moving, and the life I have here in Canada.

The letter was not a request to expedite my case, but a letter to show the congressman the difficulties that some of you guys have been having and hopefully on the 6 month review the congressman can ask some important questions to the Attorney General. The new administration is advocating transparency in government and so I would like to see USCIS also provide us with more information, including EXACTLY what are the issues with processing times at ANY of the service centers(including VSC, to get back onto topic here) and why the fiance visa is considered secondary to worker visa's?

Ken is right. Even if it has no impact on our current cases, it may, at the very least, improve the process for future applicants.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

VSC is working again!! I have seen many appprovals last week!!!! :dance:

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

Here's the thing. It's uneven, unbalanced and unfair. I have noticed that people who have applied and received their NOA1 AFTER me are getting their NOA2's before me.

The USCIS has NOT given me any indication that there is a problem with my case nor if there is any quality about my case that requires further investigation that those cases received after mine. The damn thing hasn't even been touched as far as I can tell.

No, this is not efficient! I would like a legitimate reason from the USCIS as to why my case is taking longer. I have a right to know as a citizen who contributes to this country, pays his taxes etc.

It is a disgrace to me and all Americans to say that we treat people who want to be a part of our nation like garbage. Especially when legitimate, law abiding citizens simply ask their government to allow their LOVED ONES to be a part of their lives here.

I think the manager of the VSC should have some accountability here. There should be more information passed to clients. For example, does the issue of divorce make cases take longer? Are there additional security investigations that need be done with some cases (perfectly legitimate in my view)? Was there something that requires more infomration? Is the USCIS being timely in requesting that information?

Many other countries handle this so much better and are far more efficient in this regard. I say the Us Government has some explaining to do and I think the senators from me state, Vermont and the heads of the State Department should get letters expressing our deep dissatisfaction in one of this country's proud traditions, accepting immigrants!

Cheruvim.

Timeline
Here's the thing. It's uneven, unbalanced and unfair. I have noticed that people who have applied and received their NOA1 AFTER me are getting their NOA2's before me.

The USCIS has NOT given me any indication that there is a problem with my case nor if there is any quality about my case that requires further investigation that those cases received after mine. The damn thing hasn't even been touched as far as I can tell.

No, this is not efficient! I would like a legitimate reason from the USCIS as to why my case is taking longer. I have a right to know as a citizen who contributes to this country, pays his taxes etc.

It is a disgrace to me and all Americans to say that we treat people who want to be a part of our nation like garbage. Especially when legitimate, law abiding citizens simply ask their government to allow their LOVED ONES to be a part of their lives here.

I think the manager of the VSC should have some accountability here. There should be more information passed to clients. For example, does the issue of divorce make cases take longer? Are there additional security investigations that need be done with some cases (perfectly legitimate in my view)? Was there something that requires more infomration? Is the USCIS being timely in requesting that information?

Many other countries handle this so much better and are far more efficient in this regard. I say the Us Government has some explaining to do and I think the senators from me state, Vermont and the heads of the State Department should get letters expressing our deep dissatisfaction in one of this country's proud traditions, accepting immigrants!

Cheruvim.

You should be a litle pacient and positive, VSC have been really slow this last monthes ... but you are still within the processing time of 6 months... I have seen August, and Sept approvals lately... and you apply on October, the strange is that you got your NOA1 on January ... have you checked on line at USCIS page?

You should check there and see when did they got your petition, and then you should start counting your 6 months of waiting.

Complaining about US goverment you arent winning anything, you should keep your mind positive, and your apporval will come. Positive thoughts and good feelings, always bring good things to your life!

:star:

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

Cheruvim.

You should be a litle pacient and positive, VSC have been really slow this last monthes ... but you are still within the processing time of 6 months... I have seen August, and Sept approvals lately... and you apply on October, the strange is that you got your NOA1 on January ... have you checked on line at USCIS page?

You should check there and see when did they got your petition, and then you should start counting your 6 months of waiting.

Complaining about US goverment you arent winning anything, you should keep your mind positive, and your apporval will come. Positive thoughts and good feelings, always bring good things to your life!

Why should we have to wait 6 months???!!?? CSC currently show it can be done quicker...and that's the point people are trying to make. You also have to bear in mind that VSC and CSC are only one part of the process....add another 3 months to that and it's nine months to be with your loved one......positive? patient? no thanks.....i just want the opportunity to be treated like the human being that I am, and be with my Fiancee. 9 months (and some people, some very patient and misfortunate people have been waiting over a year for a NOA 2) is NOT acceptable.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

Cheruvim.

Why should we have to wait 6 months???!!?? CSC currently show it can be done quicker...and that's the point people are trying to make. You also have to bear in mind that VSC and CSC are only one part of the process....add another 3 months to that and it's nine months to be with your loved one......positive? patient? no thanks.....i just want the opportunity to be treated like the human being that I am, and be with my Fiancee. 9 months (and some people, some very patient and misfortunate people have been waiting over a year for a NOA 2) is NOT acceptable.

Ellie, I know it is hard, all this process and all the time we need to wait apart, but it is the way it is, and all the couples have chosen this way to do it, in how many time are we gatting approved? we dont know that. the only thing i can tell you, is that you should calm down a bit, you have only filed on November, and maybe you will be getting your NOA2 before me!!! I have seen so many approvals form UK that dont took the 6 months...

I am just telling you that 6 monst is the processing time at uscis, I am at VSC, and I have been waiting more that 5 months, so I know how hard it is to be waiting.

I am a positive person and I am just not letting USCIS or VSC drive me crazy, thats why I always tell everybody here in the witing room to stay postive and it will come.

I really hope youll get approved soon! good luck! :star:

Edited by Noa&Mia

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

Cheruvim.

Ellie, I know it is hard, all this process and all the time we need to wait apart, but it is the way it is, and all the couples have chosen this way to do it, in how many time are we gatting approved? we dont know that. the only thing i can tell you, is that you should calm down a bit, you have only filed on November, and maybe you will be getting your NOA2 before me!!! I have seen so many approvals form UK that dont took the 6 months...

I am just telling you that 6 monst is the processing time at uscis, I am at VSC, and I have been waiting more that 5 months, so I know how hard it is to be waiting.

I am a positive person and I am just not letting USCIS or VSC drive me crazy, thats why I always tell everybody here in the witing room to stay postive and it will come.

I really hope youll get approved soon! good luck! :star:

I'm sorry i think you missed my point completely. I know i only filed in November (I, like everyone else, look at that timeline daily), but I think it is completely ridiculous that ANYONE should have to wait this long when USCIS can complete a visa for an investor or an overseas worker in half the time. It doesn't matter where you are from. The only thing we are all guilty of is falling in love with someone who is from a different country.

Myself...and Ken are saying that it doesn't need to take this long. SHOULD NOT take this long, and whilst everyone is happy to wait 6 months to be approved for one part of the process, that is exactly what VSC and CSC are going to do.....take that long if they can get away with it. Why shouldn't we be mad about staring down a 7-10 (MINIMUM at present) month process? And I mean anyone. CSC are currently proving that petitions can be processed quickly. Why shouldn't we have greater expectations from these service centres?

I'm going to wait my turn. I have to. But it doesn't mean we should be happy about it. My mother always taught me to challenge the accepted norms and never unquestioningly accept them unless they are meritorious.

Edited by Ellie-and-David

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't want to be the one to burst any of your venting bubbles...However, most of you are still within USCIS estimated times. And contacting your congressman earlier in the game is mostly useless, as USCIS will give your congresman the same response they will give you. Sorry kids.

you've been waiting one month...i'd be calm, cool, and collective, too at your stage, kid!

Beans filed in October but USCIS lost her file, so she's been waiting as long as most others.

VSC is catching up!

Well very slowly according to the stats on Igor's list, going back to the beginning of January.

CSC vs VSC, week beginning

5th Jan 55-19

12th Jan 68-30

19th Jan 9-7

The only positive thing to come out of week beginning 12th Jan for VSC filers was this is the first time since March 2008 that VSC has approved 30 or more K1 petitions in a week here on visajourney. I'm not entirely sure if that is a positive thing when you have the CSC making many more still. :blink:

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
VSC is catching up!

Well very slowly according to the stats on Igor's list, going back to the beginning of January.

CSC vs VSC, week beginning

5th Jan 55-19

12th Jan 68-30

19th Jan 9-7

The only positive thing to come out of week beginning 12th Jan for VSC filers was this is the first time since March 2008 that VSC has approved 30 or more K1 petitions in a week here on visajourney. I'm not entirely sure if that is a positive thing when you have the CSC making many more still. :blink:

I have been wondering what did happend to VSC the last months, and is hard, maybe they got out of personnel, I dont know... when I filed everyone was telling me that ths was the quieckest center ... but now i dont know what to say hehe

Ellie its ok, as I told you I understand you perfectaly! and also I already wrote a leter to my senator and congresswomen .. and well they say we must wait the 6 months.... nothing they could do before that, but some other people have gotten their approval after they sent a letter to their senator or congres... so, is all about luck I think.... if somebody riches your file he will work on it and send your approval .. I dont know how they work, I have seen people got approved and filed after I did ... hehe crazy ... oh well, I wish we all get our approvals soon, and hope VSC hire some more people! if thats is the problem!! :star:

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.