FoxMcCloud

Just got a Notice of Approval...now what?

19 posts in this topic

Hello VisaJourney! I guess I am what you would call on the radio a "long time listener, first time caller." The examples and outlines on this website are very good as well as the comments and helps found on the forums. It helped me a lot in preparing my I-129F package.

I received a letter in the mail shortly afterward stating that my package was received on August 14, 2008.

On Monday, I received a letter in the mail stating that as of January 9, 2009, the petition has been approved.

My question is...now what do I do? What does she have to do? What comes next?

I've been preparing the affidavit of support (Form I-134). It's already filled out. I am just awaiting on a letter from my job stating that I work there full time, salary, etc (which I should get Thursday) and a letter from my bank (which I should get in 5 business days). After obtaining these evidences, what should I do next?

Any help is very much appreciated. :-)

Congratulations :thumbs: Look at the guides here on VJ, they are so very helpful. Good luck with the rest of your journey

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello VisaJourney! I guess I am what you would call on the radio a "long time listener, first time caller." The examples and outlines on this website are very good as well as the comments and helps found on the forums. It helped me a lot in preparing my I-129F package.

I received a letter in the mail shortly afterward stating that my package was received on August 14, 2008.

On Monday, I received a letter in the mail stating that as of January 9, 2009, the petition has been approved.

I've been preparing the affidavit of support (Form I-134). It's already filled out. I am just awaiting on a letter from my job stating that I work there full time, salary, etc (which I should get Thursday) and a letter from my bank (which I should get in 5 business days). After obtaining these evidences, what should I do next?

:guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

YMMV

congratulations on your approval.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Congratulations first time caller, long time listener. The worst part is over, The waiting is the hardest part "Tom Pety"

2Lovers

67kx7t6sli3t.png

Congratulations!! This is good news for everyone because this means the Vermont office is working a bit faster. I am waiting approval myself. I will be watching your post to see what advice you receive. I would think you could call the USCIS office and ask them. Good Luck with the next step.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Thanks everyone for the quick replies and pointing me to the guides. I've seen them before and I guess I have already been working on what it states:

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

• After I get the letter from my job and my bank, I will get it notarized.

After I get this done, I send it to her along with everything else in the guide so she can take it to the interview, correct? If this is the case, I am planning on going to the interview with her...whenever that is.

After this, are all the steps I need to do done? What does she have to do now?

Thanks again everyone.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks everyone for the quick replies and pointing me to the guides. I've seen them before and I guess I have already been working on what it states:

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

• After I get the letter from my job and my bank, I will get it notarized.

After I get this done, I send it to her along with everything else in the guide so she can take it to the interview, correct? If this is the case, I am planning on going to the interview with her...whenever that is.

After this, are all the steps I need to do done? What does she have to do now?

Thanks again everyone.

She will follow the instructions in the information packet that she will get from the consulate

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

She will follow the instructions in the information packet that she will get from the consulate

So all she can do now is wait. Well...we've waiting this long. :-p

Let me see if I am understanding the process. The packet that she receives will tell her:

• Interview date
  • What to bring as proof
  • Afidavit of Support
  • Where to go to take a medical examination???
  • Anything Missing? Or wrong?

congratulations

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
congratulations

I kind of have the same question. If anyone can answer this???? Is it going to stay the interview date or we can show up in the consulate. I was reading in Ciudad Juarez website that we do not need an interview date once we piled up everything we can go to the consulate anyday. How true is that???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.