12 posts in this topic

GREEN CARD INTERVIEW

So I got my interview date for my green card. It's in Phoenix on February 13th. :thumbs:

I've been reading different interview experiences and I'm starting to get a little nervous. :unsure:

Does anybody got any advise or pointers for me that can be useful? :help:

What's good proof of a bona fide marriage?

I just now got my EAD card and SSN# so my husband and I are in the process of adding me to all his things. But we'll only get one bill of everything, if that, with both our names on it before the time of the interview.

On the letter with the interview date it says to bring tax papers, medical examination papers and vaccination supplement unless it has already been submitted. I only got one envelope with my medical examination and vaccination supplement from my doctor. And I had to give that envelope to the guy in customs when I entered the country. :wacko:

How do I know that my medical and vaccination supplement was transferred to the USCIS after I entered the country?

Is there anyone at USCIS I could get in touch with to find out if they have them?

Any/All help and pointers are greatly appreciated!

(F)(F)(F)

Sincerely,

Jon & Jess

K3 VISA PROCESS - Married 2007-06-14, I-130 Sent 2007-08-20 & I-129F Sent 2007-10-10, Visa Received 2008-06-12

EAD & AP PROCESS - Date Filed 2008-08-27, EAD Received 2008-12-15, AP Received 2008-12-15

AOS PROCESS - Date Filed 2008-08-27, Received Green Card 2009-02-28

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS - Date Filed 2010-12-16, NOA1 Rec. 2010-12-23, Approved 2011-03-17

N-400 PROCESS - Date Filed 2018-10-14

*View entire timeline here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Your doctor should have given you a copy of your vaccination supplement in addition to the sealed envelope you turned over to immigration upon entering the country. You need to take that to a Civil Surgeon and have the information transferred to an I693. I was able to have this done at no charge. You may also need to get additional vaccinations to complete series of shots started in your home country. As long as you had your medical within the last year, you do NOT need another. Some doctors offices are confused about this, so don't let them tell you you do.

For proof of relationship, have your husband add you to his bank account- they can then print something out showing both of your names on the spot. Also if you have shared insurance, especially if you are his beneficiary, get a copy of that from the employer. Other than that bring photos of you together and with eachother's families, correspondence, etc. I had my parents, my boss and my best friend write letters, and am bringing all of our wedding cards. Those are some ideas.

Good luck!!

The best advise I can give is to just be yourself and be truthful.

good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

You can call USCIS Customer Service for information regarding this issue. They will transfer you to an IIO (Immigration Information Officer) and you can ask them about the vaccination.

I just work Tier I (civilian) customer service for USCIS and have been in many types of scenarios over the years. I am filled with Immigration knowledge.

I believe I can help make everyones process simpler by helping out, even if its something small like a forum

So, thats me. If you need help I may be able to assist feel free to PM me if I haven't seen your post yet.

USCIS Customer Service: 1 800 375 5283 (M-F 8AM-6PM in all US Timezones including territories)

In any case, I may be around from time to time. I understand the frustration that you guys go through over something that should be so much simpler.

The best advise I can give is to just be yourself and be truthful.

good luck :thumbs:

Absolutely! just be yourself and confident. Usually IO's are very nice (speaking from my experience)

Best of luck :)

I-751

01/27/09 Sent to CSC

01/29/09 Delivered to CSC

02/02/09 Check Cashed

02/04/09 NOA received, dated 01/29/09

02/13/09 Biometrics Appt letter Received

02/24/09 Biometrics done

04/08/09 Approval notice in mail (Dated 04/03/09)

05/21/09 Called USCIS "Where is my GC?"

06/01/09 Received 10 yr GC

N-400

03/03/10 Sent to Phoenix, AZ

03/05/10 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/15/10 Check cashed

03/17/10 NOA received, dated 03/13/10

03/18/10 Online status indicates RFE was mailed

03/22/10 Biometrics Appt letter Received

04/12/10 Biometrics done

05/01/10 Email Notification from USCIS " Case transfered to a local office for a standard interview"

05/05/10 Interview letter received

06/17/10 Interview

06/28/10 Oath Ceremony. I am a U.S Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
You can call USCIS Customer Service for information regarding this issue. They will transfer you to an IIO (Immigration Information Officer) and you can ask them about the vaccination.

I wish it were that simple to get an IIO.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
GREEN CARD INTERVIEW

How do I know that my medical and vaccination supplement was transferred to the USCIS after I entered the country?

Is there anyone at USCIS I could get in touch with to find out if they have them?

(F)(F)(F)

Try not to sweat it too much! It's easy to get super nervous, but if you do have bank account, lease, a utility bill, etc., even if only for one month, that will help. We also presented a wedding invitation, some pictures, and a copy of our contract for the venue.

Also, check here for more information about your vaccination supplement.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The file that you turned in at the border was transferred to your local USCIS office. They would not have scheduled you for an interview if they did not have your complete file available. Don't worry - you'll be fine.

If your vaccinations were complete and noted on your medical form, you may not need to have additional proof of vaccination - I didn't. If you had to get additional vaccinations that weren't included on the medical form you turned in at the border, you can take proof of your vaccinations to an approved Civil Surgeon in your area and have him just complete the vaccination part of the medical. You do not need the full medical exam again. Bring him the letter that shows just what you need to prove it. Then you can bring the proof of vaccinations that he completed to the interview.

At the very worse, if you don't have something that you need at the interview they will still interview you and give you an RFE (Request for Evidence) at the interview telling you what you still need to submit. They will hold off on making a decision until you deliver it.

Proof of a bona fide marriage are documents that show how you are co-mingling your financial and personal lives so what you have already suggested is good. Showing a joint bank account; joint bill payments; joint liabilities on loans; having each other listed on employer's records for pension or health or insurance benefits; wills made out for each of you as the other's beneficiary; joint mortgage or lease documents; joint memberships (AAA, Costco,, etc.) Joint car insurance; family plan cell phone service; tax documents - these are all good to show your financial co-responsibilities. Letters and envelopes addressed to the two of you, newsletter announcements for church or work or your neighbourhood announcing you as a couple, affidavits from friends and family - these are good for showing that you are presenting yourself to everyone as a married couple.

At the interview be confident, answer the questions truthfully and be yourselves. You'll be fine. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
GREEN CARD INTERVIEW

So I got my interview date for my green card. It's in Phoenix on February 13th. :thumbs:

I've been reading different interview experiences and I'm starting to get a little nervous. :unsure:

Does anybody got any advise or pointers for me that can be useful? :help:

What's good proof of a bona fide marriage?

I just now got my EAD card and SSN# so my husband and I are in the process of adding me to all his things. But we'll only get one bill of everything, if that, with both our names on it before the time of the interview.

On the letter with the interview date it says to bring tax papers, medical examination papers and vaccination supplement unless it has already been submitted. I only got one envelope with my medical examination and vaccination supplement from my doctor. And I had to give that envelope to the guy in customs when I entered the country. :wacko:

(F)(F)(F)

You'll be OK if you both just act naturally and in a friendly way. Others have suggested the kinds of things you can carry with you to prove that you have a bona fide marriage. Have a small assortment of photos of the two of you, taken at different times and different places -- I printed a dozen of ours on two single sheets to be placed in the file. Don't dress too casually -- maybe something you both would wear to a job interview. They already have your medical records so that is not an issue with them. Be sure to have a certified copy of your marriage certificate, one with an official seal on it. Finally, the most recent bills for utilities, etc. are all that are needed. Still time to get a joint bank acct, get the lease in both your names, or transfer real estate to joint ownership.

The file that you turned in at the border was transferred to your local USCIS office. They would not have scheduled you for an interview if they did not have your complete file available. Don't worry - you'll be fine.

If your vaccinations were complete and noted on your medical form, you may not need to have additional proof of vaccination - I didn't. If you had to get additional vaccinations that weren't included on the medical form you turned in at the border, you can take proof of your vaccinations to an approved Civil Surgeon in your area and have him just complete the vaccination part of the medical. You do not need the full medical exam again. Bring him the letter that shows just what you need to prove it. Then you can bring the proof of vaccinations that he completed to the interview.

At the very worse, if you don't have something that you need at the interview they will still interview you and give you an RFE (Request for Evidence) at the interview telling you what you still need to submit. They will hold off on making a decision until you deliver it.

Proof of a bona fide marriage are documents that show how you are co-mingling your financial and personal lives so what you have already suggested is good. Showing a joint bank account; joint bill payments; joint liabilities on loans; having each other listed on employer's records for pension or health or insurance benefits; wills made out for each of you as the other's beneficiary; joint mortgage or lease documents; joint memberships (AAA, Costco,, etc.) Joint car insurance; family plan cell phone service; tax documents - these are all good to show your financial co-responsibilities. Letters and envelopes addressed to the two of you, newsletter announcements for church or work or your neighbourhood announcing you as a couple, affidavits from friends and family - these are good for showing that you are presenting yourself to everyone as a married couple.

At the interview be confident, answer the questions truthfully and be yourselves. You'll be fine. Good luck.

Since I had my medical in May 2008 I've had two more HPV vaccinations to complete the immunization. I have a record of these two later shots in english. (Two of the shots were taken in Sweden and the third and last in Vegas. Do I still need to get a civil surgeon to add those 2 shots to a vaccination supplement?

Sincerely,

Jon & Jess

K3 VISA PROCESS - Married 2007-06-14, I-130 Sent 2007-08-20 & I-129F Sent 2007-10-10, Visa Received 2008-06-12

EAD & AP PROCESS - Date Filed 2008-08-27, EAD Received 2008-12-15, AP Received 2008-12-15

AOS PROCESS - Date Filed 2008-08-27, Received Green Card 2009-02-28

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS - Date Filed 2010-12-16, NOA1 Rec. 2010-12-23, Approved 2011-03-17

N-400 PROCESS - Date Filed 2018-10-14

*View entire timeline here

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Yeah, just RELAX and have confident!!

I would suggest to bring all the copies that you have with you (in case they missed sth or couldn't find sth at that moment, you can offer them the copy). Most of the time they already have you whole package with them, but just bring it and when they ask you for certain documents, you can tell them you have a copy with you, at least to make them feel you are prepared!!!

Beside bring copies, also bring your newest proof of bonafide marriage documents, like bank statements, photos, and the the original documents like IDs, passports (both passports).........and take a look at other people interview question, and see if you know the answers! Try your best and everything should be fine!

GOOD LUCK!!!

08/2002 Arrived US with F-1 Student Visa

01/01/08 EAD received (Student OPT)

08/01/08 Got married

AOS

08/31/08 USPS Express Delivery I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Office

09/02/08 USCIS received the package

09/04/08 USCIS sent NOA1 by mail

09/08/08 Received all (4) NOA1 for I-130, I-131, I-485 & I-765

09/12/08 Received Biometrics appointment letter

10/03/08 Appointment for Biometrics

11/04/08 Received Interview NOA by mail

11/10/08 InfoPass for AP

11/12/08 AP Approve Notice Sent , EAD Card Production Ordered

11/17/08 AP received

11/25/08 EAD received

12/11/08 Appointment for Interview - APPROVED

12/27/08 GREEN CARD received

ROC

11/16/10 USPS Express Delivery I-751 to California Service Center

11/17/10 USCIS received the package, Notice of Action dated same day

11/19/10 Check was cashed

11/23/10 Received NOA

12/11/10 Green Gard expired

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.