Amby

1/3 of americans are now obese

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While you might have an ounce of truth I think a bigger part of the truth is...

People who have little self control are more likely to be poor.... as well as to bring other unfortunate results in life.

I suppose it doesn't matter but the gap between poor/rich and fattitude has been narrowing.

So, self-control or the mac 'n cheese is cheaper than tofu and beans?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Looking around at my work I would say these stats are low :P Of course I have no room to talk, I am a big, fat whale :blush:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
While you might have an ounce of truth I think a bigger part of the truth is...

People who have little self control are more likely to be poor.... as well as to bring other unfortunate results in life.

:thumbs:

If we really put our minds to it, I bet we can get the number closer to 50%.

:lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
If we really put our minds to it, I bet we can get the number closer to 50%.

Well, I am doing my part.

I bet I have put on like 15 lbs since my wife got here.

I can feel it and I can see it and I am putting a line in the sand to make changes.

Sign me up for some Richard Simons videos!

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

This poll may be flawed, the polster has never been to WAL MART KILGORE TEXAS. More like 99%!!!

Makes you think, how can people with no teeth be so O B E S E????

That hit the nail on the head, I was thinking about the same thing

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
This poll may be flawed, the polster has never been to WAL MART KILGORE TEXAS. More like 99%!!!

At times, I sit in my car while my wife or kid is at school, work, or at a store, listen to the radio and watch people leave and enter that building. Count people walking in and out judging if they are slim, fat, overweight, obese, or whatever you want to call them. My estimate is that over 80% of the people could afford to loose a couple of pounds, maybe even a couple of hundred.

And gee, to see these people at the grocery store with two overloaded carts filled with junk food, wonder how they can afford all that #######?

We are an obese country, and I personally think "Fast Food" and "High Fructose Corn Syrup" which is in everything we eat in America has to be the blame.

I see a lot of young girls in high school that are fat, when I was in highschool back in the early 80's, fat girls in their teens were not common.

I took my first trip to Philippines a couple of years ago, and one of the first thing I noticed when I arrived back in the USA, was how many fat/obese people we have in America.

Everything in USA is served in excess.

Big Plates, Big Meals, Large Soft Drinks.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Other Timeline

recent article in the news: Will Americans put on recession pounds

The average per capita sugar consumption during the Depression years was about 50 pounds PER PERSON PER YEAR. The average sugar consumption per capita NOW is about 150 pounds PER PERSON PER YEAR. They're not talking just sugar in granular form, but all of the extra sugars that food manufacturers put in foods these days. Read the label sometime. There's sugar, there's high fructose corn syrup, there's dextrose, maltodextrin etc etc etc...if you eat packaged foods, there's no getting away from it. And the average daily diet of a "poor" American consists of high sugar content packaged foods like soda pop, potato chips, pretzels, pasta, noodles, and cheap filler foods like white rice and potatoes, which are high on the glycemic index and also create sugar loading in the blood stream. When sugar spikes, insulin tells the fat cells to go to the periphery where they linger and create more fat. If the diet contained more NATURAL foods, like green leafies, fresh veggies, and non-processed meats, this doesn't happen. Sugar levels remain more stable and there's more fat to burn off rather than sugars. Then you don't get fat.

People just need to realize that eating healthy can be affordable. And the stupid food stamp program needs to be modified as such. I see so many people in line at the grocer paying with their EBT card and all they've got in their cart is sugary breakfast cereals, and Velveeta mac n cheese. No sign of any "real" food at all. None. Did you know that (at least here in North Carolina), those pre-cooked chickens from the grocery store are not approved on the EBT program? REAL NATURAL CHICKEN. Not allowed. :wacko:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Did anyone hear what Patrick Swayze said about foods and cancer? Sugars to cancer are like throwing gasoline on a fire :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I know THAT Wally World.....

It's astonishing.....and those electric cart thingys that they haul their gigantic rump around the store on are A MENACE!!

Never seen so many HUGE people before we moved to TX.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

At times, I sit in my car while my wife or kid is at school, work, or at a store, listen to the radio and watch people leave and enter that building. Count people walking in and out judging if they are slim, fat, overweight, obese, or whatever you want to call them. My estimate is that over 80% of the people could afford to loose a couple of pounds, maybe even a couple of hundred.

And gee, to see these people at the grocery store with two overloaded carts filled with junk food, wonder how they can afford all that #######?

YEAH AN ELECTRIC HANDICAP CART, AFTER THEY CIRCLE THE PARKING LOT FOR AN HOUR.

JUST CAN'T WALK FARTHER THAN THE CLOSEST PARKING PLACE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Did anyone hear what Patrick Swayze said about foods and cancer? Sugars to cancer are like throwing gasoline on a fire :unsure:

Studies that have shown that a diet high in refined carbohydrates can contribute to some cancers, yes. Breast Cancer for one. It may also be a contributing factor to Altzhiemers. Not to mention diabetes of course. With the increasing obesity rates so goes diabetes.

Despite over 100 years of research to the contrary, the USDA still instists that the high carb, low fat diet they promote on their food pyramid is healthy. http://www.motherearthnews.com/Natural-Hea...lth-Weight.aspx

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

right now i'm 13 lbs overweight, but i'm pregnant, so i have an excuse :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline