Amby

1/3 of americans are now obese

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
NUmber like these and other every day observations lead me to cast a lot of doubt on the so called "Poverty" stats.

Has there ever been another time in history where the impoverished also suffered from too much food intake?

And don't give me that "it's because they are poor they can only eat unhealthy fat food".

During the depression years a lot of folks lived off of nothing but Molasses and cornbread.... even with that diet

we did not see folks so fat that businesses provided electric scooters to get around on.

A little FYI- this is something I've corrected others before, so don't take it the wrong way:

Cheaper foods are crammed with cheaper ingredients.

Sorry, but I don't buy that: it's got ####### all to do with the obese consuming "cheaper foods" and everything to do with them consuming far too many Maccy Ds/Taco Bells/KFCs and easy-to-prepare ready meals. Idleness is the key here. We get fed (pardon the pun) the same line of "we can't afford to eat healthily cuz we're poor" ####### here, with regard to the less well off. Funny then how so many of them seem to have no problem finding money for booze and cigarrettes.

What the average U.K. lardass spends on that, and takeaway food per week, would buy an abundance of fresh, lean meat & fish, fruit and vegetables. It's then real simple to grill the meat, and boil or steam the veg, but your average fatty is too damn idle to do it. And so they continue to eat their #######, and put an insufferable strain on the NHS, which the rest of us continue to pay for, both in NI contributions and lengthy waiting lists.

No, they are how they are because they're lazy, not broke.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
NUmber like these and other every day observations lead me to cast a lot of doubt on the so called "Poverty" stats.

Has there ever been another time in history where the impoverished also suffered from too much food intake?

And don't give me that "it's because they are poor they can only eat unhealthy fat food".

During the depression years a lot of folks lived off of nothing but Molasses and cornbread.... even with that diet

we did not see folks so fat that businesses provided electric scooters to get around on.

A little FYI- this is something I've corrected others before, so don't take it the wrong way:

Sorry, but I don't buy that: it's got ####### all to do with the obese consuming "cheaper foods" and everything to do with them consuming far too many Maccy Ds/Taco Bells/KFCs and easy-to-prepare ready meals. Idleness is the key here. We get fed (pardon the pun) the same line of "we can't afford to eat healthily cuz we're poor" ####### here, with regard to the less well off. Funny then how so many of them seem to have no problem finding money for booze and cigarrettes.

What the average U.K. lardass spends on that, and takeaway food per week, would buy an abundance of fresh, lean meat & fish, fruit and vegetables. It's then real simple to grill the meat, and boil or steam the veg, but your average fatty is too damn idle to do it. And so they continue to eat their #######, and put an insufferable strain on the NHS, which the rest of us continue to pay for, both in NI contributions and lengthy waiting lists.

exactly! I mean if they were all malnourished from being poor and had extending abdomens because of this then fine - but the remainder of their bodies would be skinny! you see less affluent people drinking those little hug sugar water juices because they are "cheap" well water is FREE! exercise is FREE! there is NOTHING cheaper than going to a produce warehouse type place and buying basic vegetables. you can get way more carrots than oreos for the money, its a much cheaper snack. when i make myself a very fattening meal it usually includes quality cheeses or fatty cuts of meat - very expensive. when i make a nice healthy salad for lunch its cheap! i dont understand this at all. just because fast food is cheap doesnt mean if you are poor you have to eat it - vegetables are cheaper!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you have to consider that for a large amount of people food is viewed as a pleasure. it's like sex. i say they should try having more sex and eating less. why do u think married people get fatter? because they don't fukc as much, so they eat.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I (L) Damian

Most fat bastards spend 12hrs in the pub each day guzzling down pints and smoking tabs til their lungs fail.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

you have to consider that for a large amount of people food is viewed as a pleasure. it's like sex. i say they should try having more sex and eating less. why do u think married people get fatter? because they don't fukc as much, so they eat.

sexercise!

Timeline
Most fat bastards spend 12hrs in the pub each day guzzling down pints and smoking tabs til their lungs fail.

It's like you know me :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

As a member of the third that is occuping more than his share of the planet, I can relate. We are a nation of starving immigrants, or the prodginy of the same, whether we came here yesterday, or 10,000 years ago. Our ancestors, through natural selection, developed ways to store energy for lean times, and became efficient in the utilization of the stored energy. Combine that with foodstuffs that are easily digested and are calorie rich, and easily obtained, you now see the result.

Personally, I know I have no excuse. I know the formula: Eat less and excercise more.

But, the older I get, the harder it gets. As parents, and future parents, we need to encourage our prodiny to do better. But technology will be doing them no favors either. A catch 22 perhaps?

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline
Personally, I know I have no excuse. I know the formula: Eat less and excercise more.

Total respect to you, mate. :thumbs:

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

I read a study recently where they found that if you can only do one, eating healthy has more benefit as far as weight loss than exercise does.

Yes, but eating "too much" healthy food will make you just as fat! Sort of like ordering the Supersize Diet Plate with the Diet Coke.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I read a study recently where they found that if you can only do one, eating healthy has more benefit as far as weight loss than exercise does.

Yes, but eating "too much" healthy food will make you just as fat! Sort of like ordering the Supersize Diet Plate with the Diet Coke.

Where did I say it was ok to eat a supersized healthy diet? :unsure:

Timeline
Sort of like ordering the Supersize Diet Plate with the Diet Coke.

Tell me about it! I used to work in a hotel in London in the mid-nineties, and one of the switchboard operators (a hefty lass called Kim) was forever bitching about being fat. She used to order great big #### off pizzas with all the trimmings............................and a diet coke! :lol:

And she wondered why she had an ####### the size of Kilimanjaro...............icon_rolleyes.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :