Petersons

Missing my husband a lot!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My hubz is in the military and was called yesterday for 4 weeks of training. I can't sleep at all.... I'm missing him sooooo much.

You know what. Sometimes you just don't realize how much you love somebody until they go away for a while.... I knew I loved him, but I realize now how much I love him.

I miss him while trying to sleep, because he's not with me. He generally sleeps almost over me, hugging me tight. Even though we have a big bed, we use only 1/4 of it, because he's always on my side. I used to complain and push him away because I needed space to sleep. Now, when he's away I can't sleep because I have too much space.

He generally wakes up way early (4am - he's got to leave for work at 5am) while I'm still fast asleep. Makes sure I'm not cold and puts his blanket over me too. Then he showers, shaves, and then showers me with kisses while I'm sleeping. And I shoo him for disturbing my sleep. But now, I wake up in the morning all sad because he isn't here to kiss me.

I miss my bunny hon. Counting days for him to come back......

I feel for all fellow VJers who are staying apart from their spouses. I pray pray and pray more to Almighty God to give you peace and the strength to face these unhappy times and God will definitely bring you all together very soon.

MY TIMELINE

11/21/2008 - I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131 - Package sent.

11/25/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox.

12/05/2008 - Checks Cashed and NOA1 date (DAY 1)

12/12/2008 - NOA1 & Biometrics received dated 12/5 (DAY 8)

12/22/2008 - Received RFE letter by USPS (DAY 18)

12/23/2008 - Mailed back RFE requirements (DAY 19)

12/31/2008 - Case processing resumed for I-485 (DAY 27)

01/02/2009 - Biometrics Appointment (DAY 29)

01/30/2009 - EAD Card production ordered (on hubbz's birthday!! What a nice present from USCIS!) (DAY 57)

02/02/2009 - Got email for AP approved as of 1/30. (DAY 60)

02/09/2009 - Received EAD and AP in mail. (DAY 67)

03/24/2009 - Interview at 1pm - APPROVED! (Thank God! DAY 115)

03/27/2009 - Received Welcome Letter and NOA2 for I-485 and I-130. (Day 118)

04/02/2009 - Received Green Card. (Day 124)

12/24/2010 - Time to file for removal of conditions - I-751

01/03/2011 - Mailed I-751 package to VSC

01/04/2011 - I-751 received and signed for at USCIS

01/07/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

01/12/2011 - Received NOA dated 01/05/2011

01/29/2011 - Received Biometrics appointment notice dated 1/20/2011

02/03/2011 - Biometrics Appointment (Great sunny day. In and out in 10 minutes! Very pleasant folks.)

03/10/2011 - Status online changed to Approved & USCIS mailed approval notice and card

03/14/2011 - Received 10yr green card in mail (Praise the Lord!)

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

To the OP...I'm sure you've heard the words "hang in there".

Best thing to do is find some things that occupy your time, so you're not thinking about your spouse all the time. Maybe a new hobby or a project around the house.

The worst thing to do is think about how much you miss your spouse. If you're having trouble sleeping, maybe some warm milk, or even some popcorn before bed could help.

Natty, I hope you're having a great day. (F)

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Actually I'm having a great day ... care to join me? Or do you want to continue the sugar coating?

Brian, I apologize if you are offended by my being nice to you and other people. Glad you're having a super day. (F)

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually I'm having a great day ... care to join me? Or do you want to continue the sugar coating?

Brian, I apologize if you are offended by my being nice to you and other people. Glad you're having a super day. (F)

offended ... no. could care less cause you've plainly stated what you are.

besides you think you know my real name and have posted it in two threads .. and I've never posted my name on vj ... what a buffoon ... :lol:

My hubz is in the military and was called yesterday for 4 weeks of training. I can't sleep at all.... I'm missing him sooooo much.

You know what. Sometimes you just don't realize how much you love somebody until they go away for a while.... I knew I loved him, but I realize now how much I love him.

I miss him while trying to sleep, because he's not with me. He generally sleeps almost over me, hugging me tight. Even though we have a big bed, we use only 1/4 of it, because he's always on my side. I used to complain and push him away because I needed space to sleep. Now, when he's away I can't sleep because I have too much space.

He generally wakes up way early (4am - he's got to leave for work at 5am) while I'm still fast asleep. Makes sure I'm not cold and puts his blanket over me too. Then he showers, shaves, and then showers me with kisses while I'm sleeping. And I shoo him for disturbing my sleep. But now, I wake up in the morning all sad because he isn't here to kiss me.

I miss my bunny hon. Counting days for him to come back......

I feel for all fellow VJers who are staying apart from their spouses. I pray pray and pray more to Almighty God to give you peace and the strength to face these unhappy times and God will definitely bring you all together very soon.

Hang in there, you will be together again soon. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I miss my hubby when he is just gone for the day.. I can't imagine what it would be like anymore being apart longer then that...

just try and keep busy...

(F)

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I miss my hubby when he is just gone for the day.. I can't imagine what it would be like anymore being apart longer then that...

(F)

It must be nice to have a spouse that returns home every night. Many people don't as their spouse has a job that demands otherwise.

Different lifestyles ... different careers ... some have to be away from home many days and couples learn to adapt. It's understood it happens and the tolerance for those who have issues with separation for only a few days/weeks as compared to others with much greater times apart is a matter of degrees. Those people who have long separations learn to deal, create hobbies, make friends, cherish the moments together and move on. Otherwise ... they complain as life is "so unfair", seek sympathy from others, and have a miserable life. I'm not being hard ... only suggesting to be happy with what you have and learn to adapt.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

(F)

It must be nice to have a spouse that returns home every night. Many people don't as their spouse has a job that demands otherwise.

Different lifestyles ... different careers ... some have to be away from home many days and couples learn to adapt. It's understood it happens and the tolerance for those who have issues with separation for only a few days/weeks as compared to others with much greater times apart is a matter of degrees. Those people who have long separations learn to deal, create hobbies, make friends, cherish the moments together and move on. Otherwise ... they complain as life is "so unfair", seek sympathy from others, and have a miserable life. I'm not being hard ... only suggesting to be happy with what you have and learn to adapt.

yes I am quite aware of this.. and I wasn't complaining about missing my husband while he is at work... just stating a fact... I miss him when he is gone.. nothing wrong with that...

I am well aware that some people don't get the privilege of coming home every night.. I grew up the daughter of a trucker so I have first hand experience with that...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

(F)

yes I am quite aware of this.. and I wasn't complaining about missing my husband while he is at work... just stating a fact... I miss him when he is gone.. nothing wrong with that...

I am well aware that some people don't get the privilege of coming home every night.. I grew up the daughter of a trucker so I have first hand experience with that...

*M* ...

just making a generic comment ... didn't mean to place it toward you. Just that the thread gave it a natural lean ... if you know what I mean :luv: