January First Week

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hello, my slowly dwindling, but still lovely, K-3 family

(LOL they are becoming the NVC K-3 family!)

Apparently, no dabkah for me today LOOOL :rolleyes:

I called the customer service center and spoke to an immigration officer (so they say) but she started reading me the February 26th line. I used the options that someone posted in another post on how to get a hold of someone, but it was not correct. I didn't get to enter my reciept number or anything. It took me to someone for application requests LOL. Then they transferred me to an officer.

When she started reading the "Your application was recieved April 23rd and is showing as pending. We are now processing Feb 26th..." I said:

"Maam, please, don't go any further. You're reading something to me that I can find on the internet myself, and that is posted information from September 2008. Now I know several people who have called VSC to check the status of their applications. They did not recieve the email updates for approval. However, once they spoke to someone in VSC their status showed as approved. They were told that the computer system was not yet updated to reflect those approvals. So I would like to speak to someone in VSC to see if that is also the case with my petition. Can I please speak to someone there?"

She said:

"I'm sorry maam, I don't have the ability to do that. To get someone at VSC on the phone? No, I don't have that ability."

So I thanked her and then hung up. I tried calling the DHS number. Keep getting the deputy's voicemail. I haven't left a message yet. I have a contact in DHS. I think I'm gonna have my mom call him and ask him to look at my stuff for me. I'm not too down about it yet. But if there is an approval on its way, I would like to know so I can start organizing all our papers and make my appointment in advance with the useless lawyers.

That is my update. More later!

Much love to my K-3 family!!!

Narina,

Here is the way to get in touch with VSC.

1-800-375-5283

Dial 1

Dial 2

Dial 1

Dial 1

Dial 3

Dial 4 this will get you over to VSC.

Hopefully this will help you.

Good luck!

Narina,

First "dial 1" is for english, you dial 1 as soon as you call uscis number instead of listening to boring message. Dial 2 is where all the options starts.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yeah when I did it the second time it worked but I got a message that the service center I'm trying to reach is closed now. I will try again tomorrow if I have time during work.

I'm thinking that one of their employees that has all these delayed applications might be on vacation or some kind of sick leave and they have our application, mamalou's, monica's, birch's and a few others still waiting. :huh:

Ah well, I can't do anything about it, therefore I shall stop bit-ching for now and go shopping. I already had my chocolate, I am now moving on to shopping :jest:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I got to an officer once by using the prompts as if you thought there was something worng/incorrect with your case..you can try that. Then they are a captive audience :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Yea, I used the option for not knowing your case number.... you could always just keep pressing 0 until you get an operator. LOL !!!

I got two wonderful people who were very helpful.

I spent most of my day yesterday collecting all the medical history on my daughter. My attorney says they just need proof of her condition. The oncologist even wrote a letter for me personally. ( LOVE THAT MAN !!!)

My husband is asking me to come back to Costa Rica.... THis month is not looking good financially. It s not the plane ticket that kills me... it s the "not getting paid while I'm there" that blows me out of the water. :bonk::protest::protest::protest::protest: UGHHHHH

Maybe if we get expedited I will have an idea of when his interview might be.

How many approvals so far this month????

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Yeah when I did it the second time it worked but I got a message that the service center I'm trying to reach is closed now. I will try again tomorrow if I have time during work.

I'm thinking that one of their employees that has all these delayed applications might be on vacation or some kind of sick leave and they have our application, mamalou's, monica's, birch's and a few others still waiting. :huh:

Ah well, I can't do anything about it, therefore I shall stop bit-ching for now and go shopping. I already had my chocolate, I am now moving on to shopping :jest:

I don't understand what im doing wrong.... I keep trying but it kept asking for my case number and when I did that and finished pressing the numbers suggested "to dial" and it won't get me anywhere... as soon as I call and the machine starts talking I start following the "dial" numbers suggested but nothing.... am I missing something?

Married: 1/14/2008

I-130 Timeline

4-5-08 - I-130 Sent

4-14-08 - Date On NOA1

4-17-2008 - Recieved Hard Copy

Touches: 10/2/08

Noa2 - 1/29/09

I-129f Timeline

7-16-08 - I-129f Sent to VSC

7-17-08 - VSC recieved

8-4-08 - Date on NOA1

8-7-08 - Recieved Hard Copy

1/29/09 - Noa2

Timeline

I don't understand what im doing wrong.... I keep trying but it kept asking for my case number and when I did that and finished pressing the numbers suggested "to dial" and it won't get me anywhere... as soon as I call and the machine starts talking I start following the "dial" numbers suggested but nothing.... am I missing something?

When it asks for reciept number are you also punching the numbers for the EAC part? You have to punch those numbers in as well. Besides, they're closed now. Maybe that is why. You have to call before 5pm EST to get someone in Vermont.

When it asks for reciept number are you also punching the numbers for the EAC part? You have to punch those numbers in as well. Besides, they're closed now. Maybe that is why. You have to call before 5pm EST to get someone in Vermont.

Thanks for the breakdown... i actually did it before 5pm but this is how it went....

I called the number immediatly pressed 1 than it started talking and i pressed 2 than it asks for my case number so i punch it in ***********05 ok so after that it says your case was recieved on blah blah blah and than i hit 1, when i hit the one it says please hold while we transfer you to customer service and sent me to the not so helpfull customer service :bonk:

Thanks again for the help guys!!! Im praying for an approval soon :innocent:

Married: 1/14/2008

I-130 Timeline

4-5-08 - I-130 Sent

4-14-08 - Date On NOA1

4-17-2008 - Recieved Hard Copy

Touches: 10/2/08

Noa2 - 1/29/09

I-129f Timeline

7-16-08 - I-129f Sent to VSC

7-17-08 - VSC recieved

8-4-08 - Date on NOA1

8-7-08 - Recieved Hard Copy

1/29/09 - Noa2

Timeline

COMPLETELY F-ING DISGUSTED WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS...

Nena, don't even bother calling. They are such idiots.

I called and spoke to someone in VSC directly. He said they are processing only upto February 26th. ONLY.

I told him, "You posted that information as of September 30th, do you mean to tell me that you are still working in these 3 months on only February 26th?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Well what about the 25 or so people that I know, who filed in March and April which recieved their approvals already? Do you think they were just lucky or what?" He was like, "Uh, I don't know maam. I don't know them." Finally I just told him, "Sorry I called. I was assuming that by speaking to someone in VSC that you would have more detailed information. Obviously you don't have access to anymore information than I do. I know how to look up processing times online." He said he didn't have access to know if the apps were even assigned to someone.

Basically same song and dance :dance:

I'm totally fed up. :ranting::girlwerewolf2xn:

call your congressman and fill out a request and authorization. fax it back to them and they will inquire about your case. the congressman have more pull and can get more information for you.

I have a feeling USCIS wont update the website because then people will inquire about their cases after seeing how far out of range they are.

I was disgustingly sweet to the people who picked up the phone. I said "HAPPY NEW YEAR " when they answered blah blah blah.... I don't know if that helped but I got alot of information from them. I was even put on hold while he check with someone else about my question..

Edited by esposadetucho

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Guys,

We just got our hardcopies yesterday. (8 days with a holiday in between). So I hope some will get good news via mail if the system isnt sending emails or updating ect.

(L)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
call your congressman and fill out a request and authorization. fax it back to them and they will inquire about your case. the congressman have more pull and can get more information for you.

I have a feeling USCIS wont update the website because then people will inquire about their cases after seeing how far out of range they are.

I was disgustingly sweet to the people who picked up the phone. I said "HAPPY NEW YEAR " when they answered blah blah blah.... I don't know if that helped but I got alot of information from them. I was even put on hold while he check with someone else about my question..

I was super nice until they started talking Feb 26th ####### LOOOOOOOOL

I decided awhile ago that if I don't get it by the end of January then I'm just going to put my house up for sale and move to Europe. Tired of putting my life on hold because USCIS can't get their ####### together and process applications in a reasonably timely manner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline
COMPLETELY F-ING DISGUSTED WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS...

Nena, don't even bother calling. They are such idiots.

I called and spoke to someone in VSC directly. He said they are processing only upto February 26th. ONLY.

I told him, "You posted that information as of September 30th, do you mean to tell me that you are still working in these 3 months on only February 26th?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Well what about the 25 or so people that I know, who filed in March and April which recieved their approvals already? Do you think they were just lucky or what?" He was like, "Uh, I don't know maam. I don't know them." Finally I just told him, "Sorry I called. I was assuming that by speaking to someone in VSC that you would have more detailed information. Obviously you don't have access to anymore information than I do. I know how to look up processing times online." He said he didn't have access to know if the apps were even assigned to someone.

Basically same song and dance :dance:

I'm totally fed up. :ranting::girlwerewolf2xn:

I know how you feel

my husband called today, and all they said was they have no information they can only tell what is on the site or the automatic system, when my husband asked about us being pasted their processing time based on what they posted on their site based on the Processing time plan they have for 2009, posting their I-130 currently at 7.2 months

He said all he can advice to do is send a letter to USCIS.

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Timeline

I decided awhile ago that if I don't get it by the end of January then I'm just going to put my house up for sale and move to Europe. Tired of putting my life on hold because USCIS can't get their ####### together and process applications in a reasonably timely manner.

Narina,

Yazied and I discussed a LONG time ago that if VSC hadnt approved by our anniversary, we would talk about relocating. So, we barely made it by 16 days.... I hope you get yours next week honey. :D

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Narina,

Yazied and I discussed a LONG time ago that if VSC hadnt approved by our anniversary, we would talk about relocating. So, we barely made it by 16 days.... I hope you get yours next week honey. :D

Should I make it for myself for the second anniversary :angry::angry: ???? Then something could be expected right?

Oh Lisa.........I am absolutely depressed with this issue...I think I can't handle the pressure anymore...sitting apart, can't do anything....I never felt so helpless like the way started feeling now...I took all my decissions whenever it was needed...but here in approval, someone else in ruining and playing with my instinct...

Please pray for me.....

Sonia :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.