sunnybear

January 2009 AOS Submitters

1,429 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
OGM! now am really doomed! with my situation I don't know If I can really handle the interview?! :crying:

but anyway thanks lea.. (F)

why do you say you can't handle the interview? you have handled the interview at the US embassy in Manila, I don't see why you can't handle another one especially since your husband will be with you this time. If your marriage is true and the relationship is legit then I am sure there would be no problem at all. Don't worry you can do it. :thumbs:

well, i did really handle my visa interview @ USEM like a piece of cheese cake.. :whistle: i did that for my husband was so good to be true that time, and now... my life with him sucks! :crying:

as far as i know, i will prepare another proof of evedince like $ joint acct, bills on both names, and other such supporting docs that shows we are married!! but it would be impossible that I will

have those said docs for he doesn't even tells me nor shares how much is his income nor tells me the bills here the house.. I did tried many times to asked nor talk to him about it but it was

so much waste of time for no progress.. huh?! yeah, my marriage with him is true and legit but the way it goes now, huh?! i am crossing my fingers and keeps my faith up high so that I will

have strength to carry on this marriage life I have now.. :unsure::crying: anyways, maraming salamat.. tc and gb to you dbears and your family..

Edited by rajemr2119

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys,

My husband and I did sent off my AOS PACKET last friday after dumping all the filled up applications a month ago, and finally it is on it way to touch down to USCIS office soon.. I did review all the application last friday before we did sent it off, i did found that I have to filled out a few part of the application of status by hand, is this ok?! I too didn't really educate myself about AOS stuff for I had doubts to really stay here with my husband.. :unsure: well anyways, i wouldn't be surprise if I will get RFE's very soon!.. :-( but am keeping my faith and hopes up! :dance::thumbs::innocent:

we mailed it to CHICAGO IL.. and I found out that all AOS filers has an interview? is this true guys? if this is true, am doomed(pls no)! :crying:

well best LUCK TO ALL OF US, JANUARY AOS FILERS.. :thumbs::whistle:

oh, before I forget, is AOS ok to put on the cashier's check purpose? for it is what we did told the bank teller to put on the purpose!!

yes you will have an interview.

the check should be fine.

OGM! now am really doomed! with my situation I don't know If I can really handle the interview?! :crying:

why can't you handle an interview?

what situation are you in?

well, leaandben.. i am in hard situation.. i did tried my best for almost 4months now to motivate him but he is just so good to be true! I am tired!! i felt like am not really his wife but rather his really maid!! :angry::crying: anyways, thanks for you concerns.. i do appreciate it!! tc and gb!!

hi guys,

My husband and I did sent off my AOS PACKET last friday after dumping all the filled up applications a month ago, and finally it is on it way to touch down to USCIS office soon.. I did review all the application last friday before we did sent it off, i did found that I have to filled out a few part of the application of status by hand, is this ok?! I too didn't really educate myself about AOS stuff for I had doubts to really stay here with my husband.. :unsure: well anyways, i wouldn't be surprise if I will get RFE's very soon!.. :-( but am keeping my faith and hopes up! :dance::thumbs::innocent:

we mailed it to CHICAGO IL.. and I found out that all AOS filers has an interview? is this true guys? if this is true, am doomed(pls no)! :crying:

well best LUCK TO ALL OF US, JANUARY AOS FILERS.. :thumbs::whistle:

oh, before I forget, is AOS ok to put on the cashier's check purpose? for it is what we did told the bank teller to put on the purpose!!

yes you will have an interview.

the check should be fine.

why can't you handle an interview?

what situation are you in?

well, leaandben.. i am in hard situation.. i did tried my best for almost 4months now to motivate him but he is just so good to be true! I am tired!! i felt like am not really his wife but rather his really maid!! :angry::crying: anyways, thanks for you concerns.. i do appreciate it!! tc and gb!!

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope that your interview goes smoothly! good luck to you

as1cCDF0g000810MDA1MTMxbHN8MDAwOTdzfENpdmlsIHdlZGRpbmcgdG9vayBwbGFjZQ.gif

11-29-2008 civil wedding

12-19-2008 application sent to the french consulate for "publication des bans"

01-20-2009 package sent (AOS, AP, EAD, I-130)

01-21-2009 package received by USCIS

01-30-2009 checks cashed

02-03-2009 NOA1 received in the mail for I-130 and AP: I-131

02-07-2009 Biom. appointment (02/27/09) and two RFE's received in the mail

02-11-2009 Initial evidence package mailed to DHS

02-13-2009 Initial evidence package received by DHS

02-27-2009 Biometrics appt in Seattle, WA

03-30-2009 French family book and french marriage certificate received

04-02-2009 EAD card received in the mail valid on 03/23/09

04-03-2009 SSN name change & knowledge test passed at the DMV

04-11-2009 new SSN card arrived in the mail

04-20-2009 interview date letter received in the mail

06-18-2009 interview in Seattle, WA approved!

06-18-2009 card production ordered

07-06-2009 green card received in the mail!

03-23-2011 I-751 sent to CSC

03-28-2011 NOA received

05-02-2011 biometrics appointment in Seattle

06-15-2011 approved: conditions removed

06-21-2011 new green card received

Our AOS packet is finally sealed and ready to be posted later today. :)

There are a couple of things I'm not sure about, but I'd rather risk a RFE than delay it any more as I'm really concerned about getting my EAD asap:

1. I couldn't get a SSN in my married name, but have used my married name on all the forms.

2. I want AP, as I have elderly grandparents (and unfortunately you never know when you may need to leave the country!) but I'm not actually planning to travel. Still, as the AP form asked me for the dates I was intending to travel I just made up a couple of dates around times I might want to travel if I could.

3. My vaccination record is incomplete (at the time of my medical I hadn't finished the HPV vaccine course). But I'm just going to wait to see if another medical examination is required on the off-chance it isn't.

Sorry to hear life in the US isn't as expected, rajemr2119 :( I hope you can sort things out soon!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Hello all! About to file my AOS and have all the paper work together except for one thing... the I-693.

I did the full medical within the last year 09/30/2008 and I have a copy of the vaccination worksheet (DS-3025) which is complete and will be included with the AOS. It seems like a waste of money to have someone transcribe what is already written and completed. When I entered at the POE, LAX, I saw that the immigration official already had my DS-3025 in the yellow envelope I provided him so I know that USCIS will have it.

So the question is: how many of you included just the DS-3025 and how many of you had it transcribed to the I-693?

I-129F sent to Vermont: Late May 2008

NOA1 received: 17 June 2008

NOA2 received: 2 September 2008

Receive NOA2 about 3 1/2 months after sending

NVC received:

NVC left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 sent: 22 October 2008

Interview date: 18 November 2008

Visa approved: 18 November 2008

Arrive in U.S.: 20 January 2009

Marry Fiance: 26 January 2009

Mailed AOS: 7 February 2009

AOS application received by USCIS: 9 February 2009

NOA for AOS/EAD/AP sent from USCIS: 12 February 2009

Biometrics appointment received: 23 February 2009

Biometrics Appointment: 7 March 2009

Interview for AOS: 28 May 2009

Made it for January! :D Not for my husband, his AOS was approved months ago. I just sent in the AOS packet for one of his K2 children. I'm hoping that because it's a K2 AOS it means there won't be an interview.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are a couple of things I'm not sure about, but I'd rather risk a RFE than delay it any more as I'm really concerned about getting my EAD asap:

1. I couldn't get a SSN in my married name, but have used my married name on all the forms.

2. I want AP, as I have elderly grandparents (and unfortunately you never know when you may need to leave the country!) but I'm not actually planning to travel. Still, as the AP form asked me for the dates I was intending to travel I just made up a couple of dates around times I might want to travel if I could.

3. My vaccination record is incomplete (at the time of my medical I hadn't finished the HPV vaccine course). But I'm just going to wait to see if another medical examination is required on the off-chance it isn't.

Sorry to hear life in the US isn't as expected, rajemr2119 :( I hope you can sort things out soon!

We kinda have the same situations, got my SSN in my maiden name too (when we applied for SSN we didnt have the marriage license yet) and filled all the forms with married name of course; applied for AP as well- a local Immigration personnel adviced us to get one just in case for emergency and since it doesnt demand for any extra costs; my vaccination is somehow incomplete as well coz I still need to have a follow-up shot for Tdap vaccine. Nevertheless, we got our NOA less than 2weeks after the submission, and the biometric appointment letter short after NOA. Seem like it is going smooth so far, so I'd guess you will also be getting your NOA w/o RFE. And hopefully it stays RFE-free for the remaining part of our AOS journeys! Anyways,wish you an easy & fast process!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

We got our biometrics appointment letter today :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

our appointment is set for Feb 9 at 9am :yes:

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow, so fast!

Wow, so fast!

:lol:

We mailed our AOS package today. Time to relax and wait.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 02-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 02-25-2008

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 07-14-2008

NVC Received : 07-18-2008

NVC Left : 07-23-2008

P2 arrives Guangzhou Customs: 07-26-2008

Consulate Receives: 09-09-2008

Packet 3 Sent : 10-02-2008

Packet 3 Received : 10-18-2008

Packet 4 Received : 10-30-2008

Interview Date : 11-26-2008

Visa Received : 12-2-2008

US Entry : 12-3-2008

Marriage : 12-12-2008

AOS

I-485 package mailed : 1-28-2009

NOA received: 2-10-2009

Biometrics: 2-14-2009

Interview: 5-13-2009

Green card received: x-xx-xxxx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another good news! Congrats!

We got our biometrics appointment letter today

Wow, so fast!

Wow, so fast!

:lol:

We mailed our AOS package today. Time to relax and wait.

Welcome to the Januaryfilers! Wish you a speedy journey!

2. I want AP, as I have elderly grandparents (and unfortunately you never know when you may need to leave the country!) but I'm not actually planning to travel. Still, as the AP form asked me for the dates I was intending to travel I just made up a couple of dates around times I might want to travel if I could. -that is what most people who applied for AP did, so I think you will be ok.

3. My vaccination record is incomplete (at the time of my medical I hadn't finished the HPV vaccine course). But I'm just going to wait to see if another medical examination is required on the off-chance it isn't. - Same here, I got the other vaccine from the local department of health here and I just send off a copy from them together with a copy of DS-3025... some people got away with this, other did not, so we are just waiting what will happen--it will be cool if we get away with it so we would never have to pay $$$ to a civil surgeon. :whistle:

Here's hoping we would all have RFE free and fast AOS journey. :thumbs:

What's keeping you guys busy these days? I am taking classes at the community college here, it is only 2x a week but enough to at least keep me occupied while waiting for EAD and AOS and keep the boredom away.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

So the question is: how many of you included just the DS-3025 and how many of you had it transcribed to the I-693?

Same with you, I also thought it is a waste of money to have a civil surgeon transcribe the vaccination record to I-693 so we just sent off copy of DS-3025. Some got away with it, others did not... i just hope and pray we will all get away with it and never receive any RFE for I-693. :innocent:

Welcome to the January AOS filer jlvr and steveinsandiego. :thumbs:

CONGRATS on the biometrics appointment to all who received the appointment letter already.. hope we would receive it this week too. :dance:

rajemr2119, just hang in there girl... may God give you wisdom and guidance to do whatever will be best for you and all those around you. (F)

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

not really sure what happened before...my message ended up double.

thanks to everyone who congratulated us.

hopefully everyone else will get their appointment letters soon too!!

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

OFFICIALLY JANUARY AOS FILER!!! Sent off AOS for me and my 2 kids via priority mail today :dance::dance::dance: ... it was $2,210 for us + all the other related expenses so it is really hurting our pocket... not just hurt us, it left a BIG hole in our pocket. :crying: .. well, i just hope the process would be fast and problem free.... didn't submit I-693 though and just enclosed our vaccination record from K1 medical so we are half expecting RFE. :whistle: ...I am hoping and praying that the adjudicator would just approve it without the need for I-693 just like some people.

Good luck to all of us. (((HUGS)))

whew! i was worried sick i was the only one who did that. i'll bother with the transcribing when i do get the RFE. i just want to get the EAD the soonest possible time.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Let's try making a list of every January 2009 AOS filer... if I missed anyone or if I put in a wrong date or if there is any update on your application just let me know. I'll try updating the least as often as I can. Good luck to all of us. :thumbs:

JANUARY 2009 AOS/EAD/AP JOURNEY

USR NAME            Filed       NOA1        BIOM LETR         BIOM APPT       EAD       AP     INTRVW    GC RCVD

SteveAndTiff       01-02       01-13        01-15             01-27 
ThaiStyleUSA       01-05       01-20                          02-04
happy_girl         01-08       01-16
Andy-n-Maricar     01-08       01-14        01-20             02-06
zoharulz           01-08       01-20        01-20             01-30 
sj_soulm8ts        01-09       01-20        01-21             02-13     
sunnybear          01-09                    01-26             02-06
Vernon Family      01-10       01-23        01-28             02-09
dbears             01-12       01-20
Maddy20            01-12
BTalley            01-14
john_dot           01-15
jr&belle           01-16
GloAndCole         01-19
LeaAndBen          01-20
rajemr2119         01-23
janessnroland      01-24
Alex & Rachel      01-27
felb               01-27
jlvr               01-28
steveinsandiego    01-28

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.