LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

When I first went to Africa I was shown how to wash the fruits with a skin and to pass the bread over a flame before eating it. Not sure where the information is at the moment, but it is intended to reduce the chance of contracting parasites. We were required to soak our mangos and other items in cool boiled water with a little bleach in it. Then scrub it like hell and not bite the skins. Not to say it prevented me from getting sick, but I'm sure I didn't get as sick as I could have gotten. Hope all goes well.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Hello all. Hope all is going well with you.

I had my hair "planted" as they say here in Senegal - extentions with many braids is the way I would explain it. My head hurts a bit as I am not used to it but I hope to be able to keep them in at least until I get home on Sunday. It was very difficult to sleep last night, I pray it gets easier otherwise I will be a walking zombie LOL!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning! I have bad news to share. I lost the baby two days ago. I have been accepting the situation and working towards getting healthy for the next try.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Good morning! I have bad news to share. I lost the baby two days ago. I have been accepting the situation and working towards getting healthy for the next try.

So sorry for your loss (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline

My Condolences........

Forget me not

My little one

You have left us too soon

Though my body can no longer hold you

I hold you forever in my heart (L)

As precious and beautiful as this flower (F) caught in time

A mother's love does not forget

(F) God be with you and your husband during this time of sorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
(F) God's with you and your family during this time. Take Heart.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

((((HUGS TO YOU MRS J))))

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Other Timeline
Good morning!

I have bad news to share.

I lost the baby two days ago.

I have been accepting the situation and working towards getting healthy for the next try.

:unsure: ...... :huh: ...... :o ........ :( ............. :crying:(F):crying:(F):crying:(F):crying:(F):crying:(F):crying:(F)

UNO (L)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

well folks, i'm back in the U.S. today.

Whidbeygirl, sorry I wont be on your flight back as I had to get back earlier than expected.

But since my SO has his interview on the 25th coming up, I will be flying back again to Dakar on the 24th to attend it.

I have no idea what they are going to do. We don't have a cosponsor anymore and they said he was approved if I can bring in that last affidavit doc. I am crying so hard now cause the cosponsor we had wasn't even legal (was an overstay) and now we have no time to do a search for another person. Now I know why that person was never able to provide the required docs. Always excuses.

This can't be happening now.

Anyone want to help on this?

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm so very sorry (F)

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Mrs J, I am so so very sorry for your loss. (F)

Update on my Grandmother, I have still not been up to see her, it is my busy season at work and I find myself trying to find the right time. Trying to figure out how to afford to go.....

She is out of the hospital and into a critcal care facility. She has really gone down hill in a short amount of time. I know now that she will never go back to her home. The cancer is so advanced. I am angry that no one bothered to pay attention to the signs when they showed up so long ago. She is needlessly sufffering. It did not have to be this way if her primary care provider had been on top of the key indicators.

The cancer started in her lungs and has at this point pretty much taken over her body.

I am holding up, I have had to leave work a few times to pull myself together, once I have a good cry :crying: then I am ok and can move forward with my day. grieving SUCKS :angry:

I went to a meeting at the school I found, I was mislead which is also a let down for me. NO NIGHT CLASSES, I was mislead. I can not keep my current job and go to school. :angry: I will figure things out.

Husband is still out of work. :unsure:

Hello can I get a break PLEASE????

I keep telling myself that God will not give me more than what I can handle...right? :blink:

One day at a time. :star:

Most of the time my sprits are high...I refuse to let all of this get me down. ;)

(F) Sorry, I wish you complete healing!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Mrs J, I am so so very sorry for your loss. (F)

Update on my Grandmother, I have still not been up to see her, it is my busy season at work and I find myself trying to find the right time. Trying to figure out how to afford to go.....

She is out of the hospital and into a critcal care facility. She has really gone down hill in a short amount of time. I know now that she will never go back to her home. The cancer is so advanced. I am angry that no one bothered to pay attention to the signs when they showed up so long ago. She is needlessly sufffering. It did not have to be this way if her primary care provider had been on top of the key indicators.

The cancer started in her lungs and has at this point pretty much taken over her body.

I am holding up, I have had to leave work a few times to pull myself together, once I have a good cry :crying: then I am ok and can move forward with my day. grieving SUCKS :angry:

I went to a meeting at the school I found, I was mislead which is also a let down for me. NO NIGHT CLASSES, I was mislead. I can not keep my current job and go to school. :angry: I will figure things out.

Husband is still out of work. :unsure:

Hello can I get a break PLEASE????

I keep telling myself that God will not give me more than what I can handle...right? :blink:

One day at a time. :star:

Most of the time my sprits are high...I refuse to let all of this get me down. ;)

You are so right about GOD not giving you more than you can handle. Hang in there!!!!! (F)

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This seems to be sub Saharan drama week. Joseph has been feeling ill and went to the hospital and said they say his appendix is swollen. I am going a bit crazy. If something happens there I am scared about medical care there. He has so much trust in native medicine and want to try that before "wasting" more money on the hospital. I have called the uncle here to talk to him in their tongue to get more accurate information.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.