JeanneVictoria

Christmas Eve!

38 posts in this topic

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

I am at work :angry:

I am finished in one hour and 15 mins and still so much to do.

Well Ash I can relate and I have 3.

Could be worse you could be arguing over what the plans for the kids would be.

Kids have one plan, Dad has one and Mom has another so for now I am going to have Christmas Eve with them, they will go home late and I will have my youngest tomorrow for a little while. It may sound cruel but I would like to have some peace and quiet anyway.... Mom needs to relax too.

Staashi, I want to be where you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is cold and rainy here. We had ice on the road so it was all slippery driving in this morning.

I hope the rest of you arrive to your destinations safely. I hope you can receive your friends and relatives on time and safely as well.

God Bless you and your families.

I am wishing you all the best.

I will see y'all Monday

Edited by sandrila

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning everyone!!!! Its another snowy day here in Wisconsin. I'll be so glad when winter is over! My head is pounding and i just want to hibrenate today! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a very Merry Christmas!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

MERRIEST CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL! (L)

I've had the pleasure of meeting and connecting with so many wonderful and new people here on VJ! The support, experience & advice you all have to offer is invaluable!

Peace & Blessings to each of you (F)

Ash, I remember when my ex & I split and my daughter had her first Christmas Eve without me at her Dads - broke my heart but she adores him soo much I had to think about what made her happy, not would would make me happy. Her Dad comes from a HUGE Italian family & its a very important day for him so our arrangement is he has her EVERY Christmas Eve. Its not easy but in time I've come to appreciate their time together (but it still tugs on my (L) strings a bit).

I know thats not much support to you but its the best I got ~ no worries, 10 am tomorrow will be here before you know it! Take care & Merry Christmas!

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

good morning, i can actually go outside without shivering today...lol-wishing everyone a great day and a Merry Christmas!!

I missed you Maureen!!!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Good Morning Mena! And Merry Christmas Eve :) I'm up way too early for having the day off. Jihed is working today so I gave him a ride to work and now I'm at home trying not to be too depressed about the fact that it's my ex husband's turn this year to have Aaron over night on Christmas. Because of how our families work things, he always gets Aaron on Christmas Eve day and I always get Aaron on Christmas Day, but we alternate each year who gets him over night Christmas Eve into Christmas morning. So this is my first year not having my son wake up with me Christmas morning and I'm not taking it well. I know I'm being a big baby, but I didn't think it was going to be this hard. I'm watching the clock for 10am tomorrow so I can go and get him. My baby . :(

I hope that you all have a great day!!

Staashi - swimming?? :o It's 28 degrees here this morning!!

Annie how did the babies at work thing go yesterday? :)

Honey I went through the same thing and it does suck but you'll get through it. My kids actually woke up at the ahole's house EVERY Christmas morning when they were still little and it near croaked me but to me it was better than dragging them across 4 towns at 2am just to ease my own mind. They were happy because they got to be with daddy who they only see a few times per week and eventually I started relaxing and enjoying my night off with friends, etc. doing things I couldn't while they were home. Now that they're older it doesn't really hit me at all because they're not all gaga about Santa. THAT actually is hurting me more than their sleeping over his house. This is the first year without Santa but I'm tempted to still sign the jolly fat boy's name on a few presents. We'll see.

I have to run around today and get stocking stuffers that I forgot about AND some of my family's presents having arrived in the mail yet so I might have to go and get some gift certificates to hold them over. This holiday season is one I can't wait to see go actually only because my house might be foreclosed on soon so the waiting and not knowing where we're going to live is brutal. Each day I'm on pins and needles while my fate is in the hands of negotiators and mediators. Oh well, whatever will be will be and all that.

hi bridget, thanks, i've been sidetracked with texas holdem poker...lol

My name is Maureen and I'm an ADDICT...lol :whistle: I swear, it's so addicting.

I sure wish the best for you and your home situation. Take care and have a great holiday and a fabulous new year :star:

Maureen I think you sit next to my hubby! He's the one with bucket Ace's in his eyes! He has mastered the art of the call, the fold, the flop, the big blind, the little blind....Talk about foreign

words!!

LOL-does he play on facebook?if so, u think he can lend me some chips :star: lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Christmas Eve everyone :)

I am making a baked blueberry french toast right now, starting the Christmas feasting a day early :P. It smells so good already. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Ive been up since 6am getting things ready for today. My 60+ guests should be arriving at about 430pm or so, Its gonna be a madhouse.

Im really looking forward to Zaids first christmas. He has more presents than he will probably ever play with, thats alright, the first kid is suppose to be spoiled silly right?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Holidays, MENA Friends!

Merry Christmas to all and many good things to come!

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Wow, there are a lot of people at my work. Normally it is really quiet but this year many didn't take any time off. Merry Christmas everyone :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Good afternoon. Sorry I'm not up that early. Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a happy Christmas Eve and Feliz Navidades. Hope that everyone is enjoying it with their loved ones. For those of you that are still waiting for you SO's I feel for you and hope that next year we can all have them here to celebrate with us.

Casandra

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Happy Christmas Eve everyone :)

I am making a baked blueberry french toast right now, starting the Christmas feasting a day early :P. It smells so good already. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Recipe please :innocent:

:P

Merry Christmas to all my MENA buddies! :luv:

JENN!!! I just saw your avatar!! I love it :lol:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy Holidays everyone! May all your wishes come true and all your hopes be fulfilled.

And of course may Santa brings you lots of gifts! Whether they be actual presents or ones for your heart.

OUR TIMELINE:

Met online: June 5, 2006

Met in person: February 5, 2007

Marriage: February 24, 2007 in Beirut, Lebanon

I-130 Sent: July 23, 2007

NOA1: September 4, 2007

Daughter Born: October 27, 2007

NOA2 (Both 1-130 & I-129): March 12, 2008

NVC receives I-129F, case # assigned: April 4, 2008 (They NEVER receive the I-130)

Interview Date: August 12, 2008

Visa in hand, 1 month exactly of AP/AR/name checks: September 12, 2008 (whoot! whoot!)

POE: October 16, 2008 (praying all goes smoothly!)

Abed arrives in Lexington, KY (FINALLY! What a rough trip for him!): October 17, 2008, 8:47am EST

Adjustment of Status:

Sent in April 16, 2009

Received NOA1 in mail: April 29, 2009

Biometrics Appt: May 13, 2009

RFE: May 11, 2009 (received May 14, 2009)

Sent in RFE (that we had already included in the original packet!): May 26, 2009

Resumed Processing: June 1, 2009

EAD Card Production Ordered: June 10, 2009 (thank you GOD!!)

Received EAD card: June 20, 2009

2nd Daughter Born: July 13, 2009

Interview Date: July 31, 2009...easy, breezy...Card Production Ordered!

Received 10 year green card : August 14, 2009

Baby Boy is born: May 17, 2012

Apply for Citizenship: October 22, 2012

Interview: January 11, 2013

Oath Date: April 12, 2013 (Covington, KY)

done Done and DONE!!! Praise God!

Now we get to work on getting his family to the US!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
good morning, i can actually go outside without shivering today...lol-wishing everyone a great day and a Merry Christmas!!

I missed you Maureen!!!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Good Morning Mena! And Merry Christmas Eve :) I'm up way too early for having the day off. Jihed is working today so I gave him a ride to work and now I'm at home trying not to be too depressed about the fact that it's my ex husband's turn this year to have Aaron over night on Christmas. Because of how our families work things, he always gets Aaron on Christmas Eve day and I always get Aaron on Christmas Day, but we alternate each year who gets him over night Christmas Eve into Christmas morning. So this is my first year not having my son wake up with me Christmas morning and I'm not taking it well. I know I'm being a big baby, but I didn't think it was going to be this hard. I'm watching the clock for 10am tomorrow so I can go and get him. My baby . :(

I hope that you all have a great day!!

Staashi - swimming?? :o It's 28 degrees here this morning!!

Annie how did the babies at work thing go yesterday? :)

Honey I went through the same thing and it does suck but you'll get through it. My kids actually woke up at the ahole's house EVERY Christmas morning when they were still little and it near croaked me but to me it was better than dragging them across 4 towns at 2am just to ease my own mind. They were happy because they got to be with daddy who they only see a few times per week and eventually I started relaxing and enjoying my night off with friends, etc. doing things I couldn't while they were home. Now that they're older it doesn't really hit me at all because they're not all gaga about Santa. THAT actually is hurting me more than their sleeping over his house. This is the first year without Santa but I'm tempted to still sign the jolly fat boy's name on a few presents. We'll see.

I have to run around today and get stocking stuffers that I forgot about AND some of my family's presents having arrived in the mail yet so I might have to go and get some gift certificates to hold them over. This holiday season is one I can't wait to see go actually only because my house might be foreclosed on soon so the waiting and not knowing where we're going to live is brutal. Each day I'm on pins and needles while my fate is in the hands of negotiators and mediators. Oh well, whatever will be will be and all that.

hi bridget, thanks, i've been sidetracked with texas holdem poker...lol

My name is Maureen and I'm an ADDICT...lol :whistle: I swear, it's so addicting.

I sure wish the best for you and your home situation. Take care and have a great holiday and a fabulous new year :star:

Maureen I think you sit next to my hubby! He's the one with bucket Ace's in his eyes! He has mastered the art of the call, the fold, the flop, the big blind, the little blind....Talk about foreign

words!!

LOL-does he play on facebook?if so, u think he can lend me some chips :star: lol

He plays on Full Tilt Poker and Poker Stars.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.