cjgator

What? A Touch?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I know you all really believe the Service Centers are staffed by a bunch of heartless individuals, but in the past it has not been uncommon for them to issue some Christmas gifts. Often quite a lot of them.

It really is just humans working on these files. I don't believe they are slackers or heartless. Maybe the proof will come this week.

Is that some kind of defense? It's the process not the people that work there.

I'm not sure I follow you.

I agree with you. I know you will step on my head over this, but I would still like to know why a K-1 at CSC get's approved in 30 days, and a K-3 at Vermont takes 8 months or more. The people that work there are probably not slackers, but the people that run the place have issues. It's all about fairness. Unfortunately, USCIS does not have any clue when it comes to that. Once again.... 30 days vs. 8 months.

amen!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I know you all really believe the Service Centers are staffed by a bunch of heartless individuals, but in the past it has not been uncommon for them to issue some Christmas gifts. Often quite a lot of them.

It really is just humans working on these files. I don't believe they are slackers or heartless. Maybe the proof will come this week.

I agree with you. I know you will step on my head over this, but I would still like to know why a K-1 at CSC get's approved in 30 days, and a K-3 at Vermont takes 8 months or more. The people that work there are probably not slackers, but the people that run the place have issues. It's all about fairness. Unfortunately, USCIS does not have any clue when it comes to that. Once again.... 30 days vs. 8 months.

I'm not going to 'step on your head'.

Why does a K1 at CSC get approved in 30 days? I have no idea. It sure wasn't that way 4 years ago when my husband and I began our journey. Back then it was Vermont that processed K1's the quickest. All three of the other Centers were slow as molasses. Nebraska was the worst.

I'll note here that other than K1, Vermont has ALWAYS been known as quick for K1, but slow for everything else. There used be to posted (somewhere on the web - don't know how I would locate it now) an interview with the female director of the Vermont Service Center. Unlike some of the other managers, she allowed overtime for her employees. A K1 petition doesn't take much time to adjudicate at all - it only made sense that in a place where people could work longer, they could get more of the easier jobs done quicker.

K3 has always been slower than K1. No matter what Center the petition goes too. That's just an unfortunate reality.

I'm not sure I agree with you that the people who run the place 'have issues' but historically the management styles at the various Centers have indeed played a great part in processing times (as I illustrated above).

As to why CSC may be faster right now, there are several reasons.

Number One - USCIS brought a load of temporary employees into CSC during 2006 to help eliminate a nationwide crushing load of petitions for adjustment of status. AOS petitions were boxed up from backlogged District Offices and forwarded to CSC for greencard approval of cases without interview of the petitioner.

Number Two - Two other Service Centers were then closed - Nebraska and Texas. The part time employees stayed on and trained to be adjudicators to take up this slack. California itself is also the #1 ranked State in the US for its immigrant population. USCIS was beefing up the center partly for that reason.

Number Three - Shortly after the fee increase of 2008, USCIS hired (I believe) around 1500 employees for training as adjudicators. Most of these were placed at CSC.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm not going to 'step on your head'.

Why does a K1 at CSC get approved in 30 days? I have no idea. It sure wasn't that way 4 years ago when my husband and I began our journey. Back then it was Vermont that processed K1's the quickest. All three of the other Centers were slow as molasses. Nebraska was the worst.

I'll note here that other than K1, Vermont has ALWAYS been known as quick for K1, but slow for everything else. There used be to posted (somewhere on the web - don't know how I would locate it now) an interview with the female director of the Vermont Service Center. Unlike some of the other managers, she allowed overtime for her employees. A K1 petition doesn't take much time to adjudicate at all - it only made sense that in a place where people could work longer, they could get more of the easier jobs done quicker.

K3 has always been slower than K1. No matter what Center the petition goes too. That's just an unfortunate reality.

I'm not sure I agree with you that the people who run the place 'have issues' but historically the management styles at the various Centers have indeed played a great part in processing times (as I illustrated above).

As to why CSC may be faster right now, there are several reasons.

Number One - USCIS brought a load of temporary employees into CSC during 2006 to help eliminate a nationwide crushing load of petitions for adjustment of status. AOS petitions were boxed up from backlogged District Offices and forwarded to CSC for greencard approval of cases without interview of the petitioner.

Number Two - Two other Service Centers were then closed - Nebraska and Texas. The part time employees stayed on and trained to be adjudicators to take up this slack. California itself is also the #1 ranked State in the US for its immigrant population. USCIS was beefing up the center partly for that reason.

Number Three - Shortly after the fee increase of 2008, USCIS hired (I believe) around 1500 employees for training as adjudicators. Most of these were placed at CSC.

I think K-3 takes a little longer due to having to file the I-130. Maybe a month or so. It just seems odd to me that that people are approved so quickly based on where they reside. I'm not blaming you Rebecca, but I think it is not fair the way things are done. If you look at Igor's list, and you are k-3 at VSC, you are going to wait much longer than a K-3 at CSC.

Number 4....

You need to buy me a beer

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
I think K-3 takes a little longer due to having to file the I-130. Maybe a month or so. It just seems odd to me that that people are approved so quickly based on where they reside. I'm not blaming you Rebecca, but I think it is not fair the way things are done. If you look at Igor's list, and you are k-3 at VSC, you are going to wait much longer than a K-3 at CSC.

Number 4....

You need to buy me a beer

Yes it does take longer because of the extra petition.

Yes the process is unfair. It always has been.

We will file Wes' LOC in April. At Vermont. We will wait longer than people at CSC. I already know that.

When I post about what happens at USCIS it's not a defense of them. It's an explanation. I think it helps people a little bit if they just understand the mechanics.

I'm not sure why I need to buy you a beer, but this time of year my drink of choice is rum.

Actually, that's my drink of choice any time of year.........

Except when I'm having a Baileys..........or a Smithwicks...........

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

What is smithwick's?

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey CJ glad you got a touch! :thumbs:

---------------------------------------------

"Our 1,000 Mile Visa Journey Thus Far"

---------------------------------------------

I-130

Sent: 07/29/08

Recieved: 07/30/08

NOA1: 08/01/08

Touched: 08/07/08

Approved: 01/12/09

I-129

Sent: 08/07/08

Recieved 08/08/08

NOA1: 08/14/08

Touched: 08/19/08

Approved: 01/12/08

"A (visa) journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step". - Lao-tzu

Timeline

I think your touch is a transfer to CSC. yep, thats my prediction for the day :D

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:ot2:, whats up with the thread hi-jacking. anyway Cj, I'm thinking an approval x-mas eve (day)....good luck..... you would think some people here are related to VSC or something. :wacko:

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Timeline
HE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?!!?! are you just making a prediction? or are you privvy...im getting too excited over here

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I snuck it in the other thread a couple of hours ago. The I-129F and I-130 were approved, I got the e-mail at 12:30 today.

Lots of thanks and love for the support.

CJ-G

I think your touch is a transfer to CSC. yep, thats my prediction for the day :D

It is goin to be an approval...........THIS IS MY PREDICTION OVER CJ-Gs case!!!

Timeline
I snuck it in the other thread a couple of hours ago. The I-129F and I-130 were approved, I got the e-mail at 12:30 today.

Lots of thanks and love for the support.

CJ-G

It is goin to be an approval...........THIS IS MY PREDICTION OVER CJ-Gs case!!!

Cool.... Congrats.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
HE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?!!?! are you just making a prediction? or are you privvy...im getting too excited over here

He got it! I screamed out loud when I read his post! I was so happy for him and Natasha!!!!

We're next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.