confused123

I NEED HELP PLEASE READ!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

First off ... I'm glad that I found this site and hoping that there will be a positive answer to my question.. If you are not going to give me helpful information please save your time and just dont post any negative comments ..

Im currently waiting for my AOS to go through.. My wife is the USC and shes the only one working rite now.. now I havent gotten my EAD yet and we are going through some economical crisis rite now and theres actually nobody that can help us money wise...

Is it worth it to work illegaly while waiting for your work permit..?

Im getting desperate, as far as money and just the fact that I'm the man of the house and just can't accept the fact that I have to stay home and do nothing..

If i decide to work under the table (illegally) what do you think would be the consequences if they catch me doing so?

would it be matter of deportation?

sorry to put it like this, but im in need of help cuz im desperate

I would appreciate if you could give me advice

thank you

First off ... I'm glad that I found this site and hoping that there will be a positive answer to my question.. If you are not going to give me helpful information please save your time and just dont post any negative comments ..

Im currently waiting for my AOS to go through.. My wife is the USC and shes the only one working rite now.. now I havent gotten my EAD yet and we are going through some economical crisis rite now and theres actually nobody that can help us money wise...

Im getting desperate, as far as money and just the fact that I'm the man of the house and just can't accept the fact that I have to stay home and do nothing..

If i decide to work under the table (illegally) what do you think would be the consequences if they catch me doing so?

thank you

No problem working illegally [under the table] . Be sure and Not to pay taxes on the money you make also. Good way to get started living in the US. :bonk::bonk:

OOps! You won't be living here very long!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thank you

No problem working illegally [under the table] . Be sure and Not to pay taxes on the money you make also. Good way to get started living in the US. :bonk::bonk:

OOps! You won't be living here very long!

:bonk: :bonk: to you

Edited by carmie and aldo

Love timeline!

08-11-06.........Met my love at my friend's party... got my eyes on her :)

10-20-06.........I finally make you mine!!

01-16-08.........Civil Wedding!! .. :))!! Officially married

AOS

11-07-08 ....... Sent AOS package to Chicago

11-11-08.........Packet delivered Yay!! (day 1)

11-20-08.........Money order's cashed!! (day 9)

11-26-08.........NOA'S in the mail dated for the 18th of November (day 15)

12-09-08.........Biometrics done! (day 28)

12-10-08.........I-765, I-485 touched! (day 29)

01-15-08.........EAD card production ordered! AP notice approval sent ! (day 65)

02-24-09.........Interview @ 12:00 pm !! (day 105)

9377.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

If you don't use social security# to work, I don't think there is a way immigration office can trace back in the future.

But if you get caught while you are working, you will get deported.

I never seen one in person, but I've heard some incidents that students working under the table had to go back home.

(F1 students are not supposed to work)

I say it all depends on your luck.

I am chicken so I would wait and I'm just gonna live off my credit card.

I am waiting for EAD to come in mail since they sent me notification email.

It's been only 2months since I sent the package.

I don't know when you sent the package, but it's not that long.

Your spouse knows why you are not working, and I like your attitude that you're willing to do anything to help her out.

Don't get too depressed. Things are looking up.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

You don't show your timeline. When did you apply for the EAD? Working for cash gets both you and the employer in trouble. DHS is sufficiently alarmed at the politics of working illegally that your chances of getting caught are better this year than last year. It would ruin your life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It takes time to get here legally, why jepordize it b doing something illegal (esP @ this juncture) wife have to get another job to support both of you until you are able/law to work.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thank you

You jeapordize evrything working illegally and you won't get paid much doing it...so why?

You have another problem. Your wife needs to PROVE for the AOS she makes enough money to support both of you for 10 years, apparently she does not, so you may want to address that situation first. My advice...don't risk it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Nope, the mood in the country is very anti-immigrant right now (both legal and illegal). Jobs are scarce. Your chances of being caught are higher than ever. It would seem very foolish to jeopardize what you have taken a long time to achieve

Edited by geezer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.