pax

Same-Sex Marriage Ban FAILS in Senate

30 posts in this topic

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
:thumbs:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

nope... not surprised...

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Sadly, this did exactly what the republicans wanted it to, they wanted it to motivate conservative republicans whom are against gay marriage to vote.

It only becomes an issue on even years. Hmm... strange that. The sanctity of marriage is only threatened by monogomous, committed homosexual couples on even years.

Timeline
Sadly, this did exactly what the republicans wanted it to, they wanted it to motivate conservative republicans whom are against gay marriage to vote.

It only becomes an issue on even years. Hmm... strange that. The sanctity of marriage is only threatened by monogomous, committed homosexual couples on even years.

don't you wish they'd make issues that affect us ALLLLL their priority in those even years?... :blink:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Oh, the things Ewen doesn't know... ;)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:o Ewen is a lady???? :o:o

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

:o Ewen is a lady???? :o:o

:lol::lol::lol:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

I just haven't been able to bring myself to break it to him yet.

--Neil Finn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm in the south. I am considered a liberal (even if I don't). When civil war breaks out, I'm fcuked.

Me too - but I am happy to be thought a Liberal. The interesting thing is that among all of this apparent fundamental conservatism here, I encounter a surprising number of individuals who share my perspectives and sentiments. They are just not publicly vocal about their viewpoints, many, unfortunately, from a sense of fear of retribution from those who have more conservative opinions. I think some people need a refresher course on the meaning of 'land of the free'.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

don't you wish they'd make issues that affect us ALLLLL their priority in those even years?... :blink:

It would be nice, but I doubt that will ever happen. Politicians love the things that cause the most controversy at the time, unfortunately.