Dini

I'm going to cancel christmas..

29 posts in this topic

No christmas for me this year. :( i was excited to get some presents from my husband so i can have "a little bit of him", but i wont get the box in time. i'm just so tired of this whole waiting and stressing to get everything right. i worked on paperwork everyday to not get and rfe and speed up things, so we finally can be together again. but i feel left alone. i'm so exhausted. i just want to sleep.. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I tried to cancel Xmas but my daughter T'ain't going for it! When she was in the Philippines her religion didn't celebrate Xmas.

That ALL went "out the window" here in the US.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i don't get presents from my husband but that's no reason to cancel christmas

do i really need to post a pic of your exercise equipment? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Instead of cancelling Christmas, why not just look at it like a temporary postponement. It won't be the same but when the package does arrive, celebrate Christmas then! Make it a special occasion when you open the gifts - have your fiance on the phone and open them together. Each of you can have a glass of wine in your own respective homes and then 'toast' the New Year when you will finally be together. This is the last time you will be apart - celebrate the ending of your separation at Christmas instead. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
No family to spend xmas with either?

My mom and a couple people I see everyday. It's nothing special for me. We have family meetings every sunday, so its gona be like a normal sunday to me.

7331220_bodyshot_300x400.gif

2005 summer -Met my husband for the first time,started dating

25. November 2005 - official as a couple

13. October 2007 - Got married

4/07/2008 Filed I-130

4/11/2008 Received NOA1

11.05/2008 Got transferred to CSC

11/12/2008 Touch

11/13/2008 Touch

11/14/2008 Touch

12/05/2008 Touch

12/05/2008 Approved

12/06/2008 Touch

12/09/2008 Touch???

12/15/2008 NOA 2 Letter received

01/24/2009 Sent I-824 to CSC

I used to be my own protection, but not now, cause my path has lost direction, somehow

m9u8ms.png

Filed: Timeline

With all due respect to you missing your partner and craving attention, you do sound a little ungrateful to me. Maybe you should put things a little more into perspective.

You have a family you can spend Christmas with, you have a partner that loves you and that you will be with soon. It's all really not that bad.

Timeline

presents exchanged at christmas. not ''Nessa: i want to buy an elliptical in november, should i put on my credit card? Charles: no, i'll put on mine cuz your doesn't have enough limit. you know the difference. when i teach our son how things work in life, you'll probably learn.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
With all due respect to you missing your partner and craving attention, you do sound a little ungrateful to me. Maybe you should put things a little more into perspective.

You have a family you can spend Christmas with, you have a partner that loves you and that you will be with soon. It's all really not that bad.

I agree, but I'm ungrateful too!

presents exchanged at christmas. not ''Nessa: i want to buy an elliptical in november, should i put on my credit card? Charles: no, i'll put on mine cuz your doesn't have enough limit. you know the difference. when i teach our son how things work in life, you'll probably learn.

Charles, care to respond? :pop:

Timeline

I think she means surprise presents :whistle:

i can't post a pic of that :blush:

Charles, care to respond? :pop:

i obviously need to shorten that chain in the kitchen, she keeps making it to the computer to post. :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
i obviously need to shorten that chain in the kitchen, she keeps making it to the computer to post. :protest:

:lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

My mom and a couple people I see everyday. It's nothing special for me. We have family meetings every sunday, so its gona be like a normal sunday to me.

Here's an idea. Instead of focusing on the fact that you are not with your loved one for Christmas this year, why don't you focus on the fact that it is most likely the last one that you spend with your mother? Try to be with them and to be happy with them, because maybe next year you will be sad to not be able to do so. That's what I did when I was waiting for my visa, I just focused on the fact that I had a few months to say goodbye and spend time with the people that I won't see as often anymore.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Here's an idea. Instead of focusing on the fact that you are not with your loved one for Christmas this year, why don't you focus on the fact that it is most likely the last one that you spend with your mother? Try to be with them and to be happy with them, because maybe next year you will be sad to not be able to do so. That's what I did when I was waiting for my visa, I just focused on the fact that I had a few months to say goodbye and spend time with the people that I won't see as often anymore.

Very much agree! :thumbs:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher