Tree

My husband just had his interview! Help?

18 posts in this topic

Okay so my husband just had his interview, the immigration officer said everything was fine, all our documents were in order and we had more than enough evidence. Then she gave him a piece of paper that said administrative processing and also said it takes 4-6 weeks,and handed him back his passport and said he can send it in when he receives further notice from the embassy. Then he told the officer that he needs to be in the USA with his wife and newborn baby, and she asked him if he will be traveling soon, which his reply was no, so she kept his passport and still said everything looks fine. Is it a good sign that the immigration officer kept his passport????

Edited by Nesssie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Okay so my husband just had his interview, the immigration officer said everything was fine, all our documents were in order and we had more than enough evidence. Then she gave him a piece of paper that said administrative processing and also said it takes 4-6 weeks,and handed him back his passport and said he can send it in when he receives further notice from the embassy. Then he told the officer that he needs to be in the USA with his wife and newborn baby, and she asked him if he will be traveling soon, which his reply was no, so she kept his passport and still said everything looks fine. Is it a good sign that the immigration officer kept his passport????

i think its always a good sign when they keep the passport :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Taking the passport does not necessarily mean anything. Often they take it just to get you out of their hair. Also, the four to six weeks AP statement means nothing. Do not put any meaning into that. That also is put on there to get you out of their hair. If they were going to issue the visa soon, they probably would not have asked if you were traveling soon.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

From my experience with our embassy, they will not take you passport if you were not approved. It most likley is approved, but they alone know how they do their work!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sounds like positive news Nessie... good luck!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It sounds like an approval to me :dance: If they are anything like the other embassies I have read on these forums, their timeframes are never correct. It is in general, which just means it could be longer, it could be shorter. BUT it still sounds like an approval. Congrats on the new baby :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They took his passport.. That is great news. Not guaranteed news, but encouraging. Means from the interviewer's perspective everything is legitimate.

AP is common in your country. just a term that means they have some more paper work to do, extra background checks, and possibly documentation verification.

4-6 weeks is what they typically say to not alarm the person in their presence. Interviewer feels not obligation to the beneficiary. It is typically 4-6 months but can last up to over a year. Please ad your name to the AP tracker. This also has other people who are on AP for support and additional information. Please click the link below to visit this forum. AP Tracker

It can be very discouraging to hear this news but it is a fact of the process that more people need to acknowledge.

Edited by MrsJibowu

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

They took his passport.. That is great news. Not guaranteed news, but encouraging. Means from the interviewer's perspective everything is legitimate.

AP is common in your country. just a term that means they have some more paper work to do, extra background checks, and possibly documentation verification.

4-6 weeks is what they typically say to not alarm the person in their presence. Interviewer feels not obligation to the beneficiary. It is typically 4-6 months but can last up to over a year. Please ad your name to the AP tracker. This also has other people who are on AP for support and additional information. Please click the link below to visit this forum. AP Tracker

It can be very discouraging to hear this news but it is a fact of the process that more people need to acknowledge.

I guess its a hint that I should start planning my life differently now.

I hate hate hate these people with a passion they have totally deprived my daughter from seeing who her father is and now they have deprived me of a husband. Terrible people with ho hearts or compassion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have seen someone come out of AP within two weeks, but lets home for the worst and get the best. I know it is very devistating at first, but good things are to come through patience. A deeper love, comitment and passion for your husband and relationship.

I guess its a hint that I should start planning my life differently now.

I hate hate hate these people with a passion they have totally deprived my daughter from seeing who her father is and now they have deprived me of a husband. Terrible people with ho hearts or compassion!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So sorry to hear this. It is cruel and unfair for the US government to separate families. What the heck do we pay taxes for? How can they call this a free and open society? Why can't the at least be realistic with your and more transparent so that you can plan your life? As hard as it is, if it is going to be over a year (and hopefully it will be the two weeks that was someone else's experience), maybe it's time to move to his country. I'm sure they would welcome you in with much less red tape, and while you might fear living in a place with certain problems or more poverty, or other issues, family take priority and I'm sure you will find a way to make it work and be happy.

My heart and prayers are with you and, again, I pray for you to get word in a few weeks!

11410.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Nesssie

Congrats on getting through the interview :thumbs: now it is time to move through the next phase ... AP. Hopefully, you will be one of the lucky ones and be through it in a few weeks. But keep in mind that most go through a longer AP in Pakistan. From what I have seen on VJ most are in AP from 4 to 6 months and for a few it has been longer than a year. I am not saying this to bring you down or anything. Just to prepare you for what could be ahead of you. This whole process is a roller coaster ride of emotions as we all know because we have all been or are going through it. So hang tight girlie and stay positive :star:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Honey, look on the bright side: You are so lucky that you got through CSC so fast. Look at us in VSC! There are still people from March just waiting for an NOA2. Just plan for the worst case scenario. This way, if you get done with AP sooner, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Look at our "how long have you been married and waiting" thread...some of us have been married over 2 years and still waiting to be with our husbands/wives!

Have faith and patience, Inshallah you're almost at the finish line!

Edited by notime4haterz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The US embassy in Islamabad is an entity unto itself. Those who say things like, "From my experience with our embassy, they will not take you passport if you were not approved. It most likley is approved, but they alone know how they do their work!!!!!!" and "t sounds like an approval to me kicking.gif If they are anything like the other embassies I have read on these forums, their timeframes are never correct. It is in general, which just means it could be longer, it could be shorter. BUT it still sounds like an approval. Congrats on the new baby" I have seen these embassies keep the passport for over a year and not issue the visa. Your husband should not have given them his passport. You should call the department of state at (202) 663-1225 to find out what you can about the case. Some of the representatives are more helpful than others so you may need to call a few times to get the information you need.

Good questions include, "What is pending against my case?" "Has this been sent to Washington?" "When was the last update" and others

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.