Meriem_DZ

Women arrested for wearing Hijab in traffic court!

125 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Thank God it's Christmas... she's too busy for logic... Female Muslim defendants in our courtrooms (even those incarcerated pending their trial) are allowed to wear hijab. They tried to force a poor woman to remove hers during court session but the people in my town were outraged and the "policy" was changed.

There is NO FEDERAL LAW that prohibits wearing head coverings in government buildings. That's a flat out lie or at least 6 women I know couldn't go to work every day as we all do! As for State and local laws, that could be totally different... state by state, jurisdiction by jurisdiction, but I believe all would be found to be Unconstitutional... we just have to challenge them one at a time... Time to end "Jamal Crow", (Jim Crow) before we have to start drinking out of different drinking fountains!

:thumbs: As always, your posts are awesome!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
would i have to remove my head cover too?

John%20Deere%20Hat.jpg

Not if your religious belief requires you to wear commercials for farm equipment... and if so, I'd love to know what faith you belong to....

Do you really equate the two?

around here, john deere is a religion.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I'd like the see the law, in writing, that says you have to take off a religious covering from your head. Since the chief of police released her, I'm guessing they didn't have anything solid to hold her on. Still, I'd like to see the written law for that little town in Georgia.

It has nothing to do with it being religious or not, ITS A HEAD COVER, and you take off any headcovering in any government building. it doesnt matter, youll continue to argue it anyway...no one can be right but you :) however, just shows how little you know about the law and policies. And you wouldnt be this upset or argumenative about it if it was a nun and not a muslim. Im outta here, its christmas eve, Im gonna spend it with my husband and kids, not on here arguing with you :)

have a wonderful christmas!! :D

Good riddance!!!

I asked for the written law. I would also get mad if they made a nun take off her habit! That habit is not JUST A HEAD COVER to a nun either.

You say I know little about the laws and policies...well why don't you bring out the law in writing then genius???

awwww your too sweet :)

And i had alot written here...but your just not worth it :)

IM gonna go spend more time with my hubby...:D

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Will you all just stop?! The next member here who bickers or brings ups issues from previous threads will be suspended cause I'm just about at the end of my sanity tether. And it's pretty thin as it is.

So, stop. Now.

We've all had enough.

So, you don't get on with each other - big deal. This isn't the school playground, you're all fully functioning adults who should know better. Stop acting like middle schoolers and grow up.

The bickering gets you NOWHERE.

I'm locking this thread so there can be no continuation of the bickering.

Merry Frickin' Christmas.

Bah humbug.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.