Chelle62

Anyone else on a diet for the wedding

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hiya,

I am dieting for my wedding. I have been dieting for over 3 years now and have lost 128 pounds but I still have 40 to lose sooo I thought it might be fun to start up a dieters thread here for all of us girls and guys that are trying to lose weight before our big day. Anyone want to join me on this adventure.

I have done many things over this journey including atkins, low fat and am now on weight watchers for the final lap of it. I figured that atkins helped me to lose the bulk of it , lowfat made me eat alot lol and weight watchers is more of a normal lifestyle.

If anyone wants to join me with this, I will keep updates as I weigh in every week even if its a bad one lol. I believe that support helps alot and if we are all keeping a record of it here it might just keep us on track , I have found the cutest wedding dress and in order to wear it I need to drop some more sooo come on ladies and gents join me :)

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a sense, I did so; my own wedding was the day before Easter in 2006--so I basically did a cut-down during Lent to liquids-only.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Yep.. Im on a diet now.. my wedding will be in Feb.

My wedding is in Febuary too :) ours is the 21st whens yours and what are you doing to lose weight and how much do you want to lose?

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

My wedding is in 10 days...and, yes, I'm on a diet too...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
My wedding is in 10 days...and, yes, I'm on a diet too...

I did a couple of push and sit ups, wife lost 8 pounds to her ideal weight for our wedding, (118 pounds) but put in on again, she is dieting now. It's endless.

I changed my way of eating and adding exercise to my routine about two years ago, but haven't really made an extra effort for the wedding only. And I will most certainly not be at my goal weight for the wedding. I just knew I needed to become a healthier person overall (I was about 135 pounds overweight). I have about 55 more pounds to go.

One thing I can say is that I feel better now than I did in my early 20's when I was at my goal weight since I use exercise and diet instead of diet only.

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hiya,

I am dieting for my wedding. I have been dieting for over 3 years now and have lost 128 pounds but I still have 40 to lose sooo I thought it might be fun to start up a dieters thread here for all of us girls and guys that are trying to lose weight before our big day. Anyone want to join me on this adventure.

168 pounds! That's 3lb more than my weight! :wow:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hiya,

OMG :bonk:

You're supposed to say congrats! :bonk::bonk:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline
Hiya,

OMG :bonk:

You're supposed to say congrats! :bonk::bonk:

Yeah - I meant that in a :thumbs: kinda way :innocent:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

I'v only got about 4/5lbs left to go but I know that's going to get put on hold over Christmas. I'm hoping to maintain my weight then continue after Christmas. I want to get down to my ideal weight so my wedding dress can be made.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hiya,

maybe you're just a bad cook :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'v only got about 4/5lbs left to go but I know that's going to get put on hold over Christmas. I'm hoping to maintain my weight then continue after Christmas. I want to get down to my ideal weight so my wedding dress can be made.

I've changed my lifestyle as my diet. Not for the wedding but for my general health (mental and physical) well-being.

What have you found works best?

Timeline

I've changed my lifestyle as my diet. Not for the wedding but for my general health (mental and physical) well-being.

What have you found works best?

I just tend to eat healthy, Weetabix for breakfast, plenty of fruit during the day and either soup, salad or couscous for lunch, then a main meal in the evening. I still have chocolate but it's in moderation. I get bad skin sometimes so I found this diet works wonders for that.

I don't like ready meals and rarely eat anything that has to be pinged in the microwave. I've found the secret to be good, wholesome homemade food. I don't exercise at the moment so I'm on healthy food overload.

Edited by Laura+Tom