Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I had my name spelling corrected in 2002 and my birth certificate has annotation of it. I already sent my DS-230 to NVC but I did not write my wrong spelled name. Will this be an issue? I didn't write to make informations the same as G-325A (my husband prepared it and he didn't think about the wrong spelled name that's why it wasn't mentioned in the form). Now, for the interview, I will request NBI clearance with the wrong spelled name because I have a feeling that the embassy will ask for it. Will this put me on AP after interview? Thanks.

Hi all ,

I wanted to let you know we are in AP too Its been three weeks today.

Of as you know I cant get any information..ect.

Its difficult to keep waiting,,

I phoned my congressmens office and the aid to me she would contact the NVC next week as its been 30 days .. So I can hope for some attention.

I dont know but it gives me hope.

Hello

I am phone NVC yesterday my petition was sent to the Embassy 10-21 29 days in AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm out! And no I don't mean out of the closet... not that there's anything wrong with that... :rofl:

Ok yeah I am feeling a little high at the moment... I knew it would happen this week and sure enough when I called she said it left today... So our interview should be around Christmas...

Billy, She asked me why you didnt answer the phone when she called you.... it was the same # that you got on caller ID and it still has the same message when you call it...

The best estimate at this point if someone gets Actual AP is to expect a month and if less than that its great... nothing can be done to speed up the FBI check... nothing .. so dont let it get to you if you are in it.. treat it like a rip tide... just go with it and it will let you go before too long... fighting it just wears you out and does no good....

Congratulations Scott!!! Glad you needed to be, and were, outed only from NVC...not that there's anything wrong with that... :) I figured/hoped it would be today for you. Strange that she asked that??? :blink: The reason I didn't answer the phone was simple--I was down the hall and heard the phone only on the last ring or two, so--just missed the call. I would like to ask her "why no voice-mail?" :bonk: Oh well it all turned out ok - was one of the biggest "whew" moments in life.

Happy trails!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
I'm out! And no I don't mean out of the closet... not that there's anything wrong with that... :rofl:

Ok yeah I am feeling a little high at the moment... I knew it would happen this week and sure enough when I called she said it left today... So our interview should be around Christmas...

Billy, She asked me why you didnt answer the phone when she called you.... it was the same # that you got on caller ID and it still has the same message when you call it...

The best estimate at this point if someone gets Actual AP is to expect a month and if less than that its great... nothing can be done to speed up the FBI check... nothing .. so dont let it get to you if you are in it.. treat it like a rip tide... just go with it and it will let you go before too long... fighting it just wears you out and does no good....

Congratulations Scott!!! Glad you needed to be, and were, outed only from NVC...not that there's anything wrong with that... :) I figured/hoped it would be today for you. Strange that she asked that??? :blink: The reason I didn't answer the phone was simple--I was down the hall and heard the phone only on the last ring or two, so--just missed the call. I would like to ask her "why no voice-mail?" :bonk: Oh well it all turned out ok - was one of the biggest "whew" moments in life.

Happy trails!

Way to go, Scott! You join Paul and I now... we are just a few days ahead of you and now waiting to contact the consulate to confirm receipt... here's to hoping we did our time and there will be no further delays! Best wishes to you and yours and keep us updated. :) Malena

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Woohoo!!! I made it through AP too! Scott, I knew somehow we were in this together. Hoping we can all be with our sweeties in 2-3 months.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They said my file left today, but nothing left NVC for VN today.. I am trying to call back to confirm if it actually left or was just approved... IMO it either left yesterday or tomorrow...

Great news!!!!! I agree Steve.. we were all in the same boat that got AP'd in that 3 day window...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone!!

Timeline

Have known each other and have been friends for 20+ Years.

May 18, 2009 - Mailed I-129F Package

May 19, 2009 - Receipt of Confirmation from USPS

May 22, 2009 - Check Cashed

May 23, 2009 - Received NOA1

May 23, 2009 - Signed up for E-mail updates on USCIS.gov website.

Aug 27, 2009 - Touched 1

Aug 27, 2009 - NOA-2 E-mail Received!

Sept 8, 2009 - NVC Received File - Was stuck in AP for 28 Days!

Oct 6, 2009 - NVC sent file to Manila - Thank GOD

Oct 9, 2009 - File in System at US. Embassy In Manila

Oct 15, 2009 - Information packet received by Beneficiary from Manila

Oct 14, 2009 - Advanced Medical Exam Passed

Nov 10, 2009 - Interview - Passed Thank GOD again.

Nov 17, 2009 - Visa received

Nov 17, 2009 - CFO Seminar

Nov 21, 2009 - returned to US with the Love of my life.

Dec 17th, 2009 - Wedding! Yahoo!

Jan 14th, 2010 - Mailed I-485 / 765 Package

Jan 21, 2010 - NOA1 for 485 / 765

Feb 17, 2010 - Biometrics

Mar 9, 2010 - EAD Card in Production

May 28, 2010 - Greencard Received!

Timeline

I think I will not try to figure out how to track DHL but will just e-mail Moscow in a week to see if they got it, and also plead with them to look at my Noa-1 date and give me an expedite on the interview date. At least someone can get a laugh if nothing else.

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
I think I will not try to figure out how to track DHL but will just e-mail Moscow in a week to see if they got it, and also plead with them to look at my Noa-1 date and give me an expedite on the interview date. At least someone can get a laugh if nothing else.

I just talked to a woman at NVC and she said they send an electronic copy today.. and that the hard copy will actually go out tomorrow, but is packaged to leave today...

How far back does your consulate make you wait for interview? I am expecting 56 or 57 days from when I send DS230 and DS2001

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

They said my file left today, but nothing left NVC for VN today.. I am trying to call back to confirm if it actually left or was just approved... IMO it either left yesterday or tomorrow...

Great news!!!!! I agree Steve.. we were all in the same boat that got AP'd in that 3 day window...

congrats !!!!

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Timeline

Congratulations to all that made it out of NVC!! Remember that DOS can tell you if it has been recieved and entered into the consulates' system.

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline
Congratulations to all that made it out of NVC!! Remember that DOS can tell you if it has been recieved and entered into the consulates' system.

The woman I spoke with at NVC said they send it electronically. I sent the DS230 and DS2001 via email yesterday and we will fax them Monday morning... They will get everything about the same time and it may save me a week or two by going this route..

I asked if they would give us the earliest date available for an interview since we already had to wait a month for AP... I figure it didnt cost or hurt anything to ask. Anything before Dec 21 will mean they are doing us a favor.

I am going to call DoS Monday morning and ask them the status as it will be Monday night VN time when I call and a full business day will have already transpired. I am tracking two dates of shipments and they will both be there at the consulate Mon AM when they start the week off.

If anyone asks me what was the most difficult aspect of this journey, I am up in the air on that as it has been like sittin on an ant hill from the start...

Timeline

Well well well, This is pretty sad... NVC just responded to my email request for info from Oct 6. Guess what they said.... hmmmm

You know it..

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General for further processing.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or Consulate General.

Yeah I know.. I called days ago to find that out... they wait until after something happens that way the response is simple...

Timeline

Scott, my reading of the Moscow embassy instructions is that we do not need to send a DS-230 or anything else ahead of time besides what is in the packet forwarded by NVC. She will bring the other documents with her to the interview. Maybe they do it differently in Vietnam?

I am going to e-mail the Moscow embassy and see if they can give us an interview date ASAP, since we had to wait so long at USCIS and NVC! In any case, the interview is usually less than 60 days from the time the application makes it to the embassy.

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline

If anyone here has mastered DHL tracking from the NVC, please PM me if you can locate a package sent to Moscow sometime between Weds and Fri of last week. I have tried all those 'EXP" and "CORRESPNDENCE" codes but maybe I am still not doing it right. If not, that is not a big deal because to find out if my particular case made it I will need to correspond with the embassy anyway.

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
If anyone here has mastered DHL tracking from the NVC, please PM me if you can locate a package sent to Moscow sometime between Weds and Fri of last week. I have tried all those 'EXP" and "CORRESPNDENCE" codes but maybe I am still not doing it right. If not, that is not a big deal because to find out if my particular case made it I will need to correspond with the embassy anyway.

I really dont understand the obsession with tracking as the DOS has the current information as to if the consolate has received it and when it left the NVC. The reason i say this is because the NVC will tell you it was sent out on day X, but it was really sent in a holding bin for DHL. then they may tell you it was sent when actually it was only transfered through email to the embassy. So if you want to track its good with me, but it took mine around 10 days to get into the embassys' system. Good luck to all and a may a blessed outcome befall you.

but if you really have to know it is here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=219784

Edited by mari joe

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.