Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Just dropping in to say hi.... I used to be a regular on this thread, was stuck 50 days in AP back in Jan/Feb/March.

I see some of the old-timers are here: hi Lisa, cdneh, Talyss, and Badgerella!

Sorry to see people still getting stuck in AP, but glad to see that the wait times really seem to be shorter than they were.

Well, I just wanted to update folks of some good news....

we finally had our embassy interview, and we PASSED!!! My fiancee Thanti had a straightforward interview, after all the hassle we had at NVC and then getting Packet 3/4 at the embassy in Bangkok. She'll pick up her passport with the K-1 visa on Wed, board a flight on Thursday night, arrive in Chicago on Friday morning, and be here with me in time for fireworks on the 4th of July on Saturday. So, things do have a way of working out well in the end if you're patient. Need lots and lots of patience.

Also a head's up .. another veteran of AP@NVC, Mike (girarm) was stuck for 38 days, and his fiancee is having her interview in Bangkok literally RIGHT NOW (8 AM BKK time Tues morning). Hope she gets her visa too!!!!

Keep the faith, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

BTW - for those not aware of it, I built a website to track the AP@NVC statistics. You can see it by clicking the link at the bottom of my signature (below the scary messy commie thing, just ignore that :P ).

You may find it useful to track your progress.

Unfortunately it doesn't refresh automatically, I never got around to doing that.

So it needs to be refreshed manually. You can do so by going to http://apnvc.info/vjcron.pl . Your browser will spin for about 10 seconds, and then tell you it has a "500 Internal Server error". Just ignore that. Next time you go to the regular site http://apnvc.info, the statistics will have been updated.

I note that there are now only 14 names on the K1 "stuck" list <55 days (I ignore those over 55 days since they probably didn't fill in their timelines correctly).

And there are only 4 K3s "stuck".

This is much, much less than there was back in March when we had many more stuck people.

Good luck all!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just to officially congratulate Ron here too, after seeing it in another thread lol

YAAAAY for you and Thanti!

You contributed so much to those suffering in AP at NVc with your tracking tool and support for those of us that all went through it together. Thanks and congrats on being done with this part of the journey. At least the rest can be done TOGETHER.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Just dropping in to say hi.... I used to be a regular on this thread, was stuck 50 days in AP back in Jan/Feb/March.

we finally had our embassy interview, and we PASSED!!! My fiancee Thanti had a straightforward interview, after all the hassle we had at NVC and then getting Packet 3/4 at the embassy in Bangkok. She'll pick up her passport with the K-1 visa on Wed, board a flight on Thursday night, arrive in Chicago on Friday morning, and be here with me in time for fireworks on the 4th of July on Saturday. So, things do have a way of working out well in the end if you're patient. Need lots and lots of patience.

Congrats Ron & Thanti!! Hey, you are beating me back to the US by one day! :thumbs:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

YESSSS IM OUT OF AP!! JUNE 29 MY CASE WAS SENT OUT WOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Congratulations! They are speeding this up! :dance:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow! That is great. Congratulations..

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Congratulations! :)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay so what is next?!?!?

First, it took me 5 months almost to get my NOA2 when others who filed after me were just flying by..

Seond, I get to NVC only to get stuck in the wonderful AP jail...

Now you say? I found out today from a friend whose fiance went to the Lagos Consulate to pick his packet that effective TODAY 7-1-09, they are no longer accepting walkin visa inquiries - therefore after waiting for hours he didnt get his packet or interview date. He was advised to email the consulate and request that the information be emailed to him instead. My fiance was going to go tomorrow to get his info. Now? Nope! I found the forms and other info related to the interview can be downloaded from their website, but the interview date? I pray they respond via email with the interview date soon and not mail it out. Lord knows the Lagos mail system is not up to human standards to say the least, lol. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a interview date when you have to wait for the embassy to schedule like this? (instead of being able to go to the embassy and get it) Guys it seems like there is one issue after another...

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Usually there is a cover letter that comes with a packet and on the bottom it says if you would like to be notified of your interview date via email, write down your email or your petitioner's email. You can also email the consulate on your fiance's behalf.

As far as the interview date goes, every consulate is different. For my fiance, I believe they schedule an interview one month after they process the submitted forms. To give him time to go to one of the physicians listed by the consulate.

To be on the safe side, you should e-mail the consulate and ask of any new procedures in terms of how the interview date is issued, or any other documents needed at the time of the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

If it makes you feel any better, in Japan basically you can't do anything until the embassy mails out packet 3. They won't give you police records and they won't even start your vaccinations (mine doesn't have his vaccination record and I want him to get it over with before coming here) for the medical exam until you have the packet in hand. So we're stuck too. For now. But it seems like AP is going really quickly now so I'm not worried. *rubs Nana's head for luck*

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-25

Contacted Congrasswoman Eshoo's Office for assistance : 2008-06-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-18 !!!!

I see some of the old-timers are here: hi Lisa, cdneh, Talyss, and Badgerella!

Sorry to see people still getting stuck in AP, but glad to see that the wait times really seem to be shorter than they were.

Congrats, Ron and Thanti! :dance::dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I should have more time now to start paying attention to things that are not work or school related - as of July 1st, I'm oficially unemployed and on July 3rd I finally graduated from college and, as far as those things are concerned, am ready to leave for the US.

We finally booked some tickets, for August 8th - my mother got a 10 year visa, so she'll be traveling with me. The rest of the family, for now, doesn't know anything. It's a lot of money, of course, so I'm trying not to insist that anyone else comes, or that they should feel guilty if they don't. We'll see what happens.

Now that we have a set date and everything.. I'm slowly starting to freak out. Packing, gathering more documents, making some doctor's appointments (to take advantage of good and free health system, while I can), etc.

I hope everyone's been well and, as far as I can see, people who get stuck these days, seem to be getting out faster, too, which, of course, is some great news. :)

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Good to read all your good news! Congratulations all round!

It does seem quieter on this thread, I was begining to wonder if they are still putting people in AP ...but if they are it's nice to see those times comes way down. :)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thanks, cdneh! :star:

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.