Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

...I guess they love my application that they're still looking at it! :bonk:

sorry its taking so long - I remember when I was first lurking in this thread and seeing Kim&Russ posting to tell cdneh thet there would be an end and the case would be forwarded to the embassy and thinking when? when? when? but it did happen!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

sorry its taking so long - I remember when I was first lurking in this thread and seeing Kim&Russ posting to tell cdneh thet there would be an end and the case would be forwarded to the embassy and thinking when? when? when? but it did happen!

:thumbs:

It does!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Our case stuck in AP @NVC since 01/09/2009

sorry you guys are stuck too, but at least you have some good company, and know you arent alone :D

Our case made it to the embassy in Zagreb yesterday around noon. My fiance couldn't resist emailing them so... he's the one who was given the info about my interview, too, haha. They were supposed to mail me my whateverstuff (instructions and interview information) yesterday, but I guess they're procrastinating a bit since I haven't received anything yet.

They told my fiance that my interview is scheduled for March 12th. Now I have to reschedule it for the beginning of April.

Either way, things are finally moving again, yay! :star:

woohoo for movement and progress!

I echo Lisa's comments .....

bryb, hang in there with us, we are all sharing the same cellblock in NVC detention center

Badgerella - congrats!!! hope you get your interview quickly and that all goes well

I called NVC tonight, after not calling last night. Same thing. "You are in AP and unfortunately there is no time limit blah blah blah..."

Have you seen the K-1 flowchart on VJ's Guide? For step 5 it estimates NVC as 2 weeks with the tagline "Welcome to the US Department of State! Things move much faster now."

Yeaaaaaaahhhhh right :( See image attached.

post-51846-1234317865_thumb.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

HA! i remember reading that "things move much faster now". ha ha ha. i also read that the k3 is a faster visa, and when i first started researching VSC was faster than CSC....not so much on either :bonk: lol

kim&russ...such a cheerleader :luv:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

There's definitely an end to the long wait!

It's just that.. uhh.. the wait is really.. long. :angry:

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Queston for all lucky, out of AP people:

Besides finding out you're out of AP on the phone, did you receive that informtion through mail or email?

I am just curious because I want to resist calling them since I get disappointed everytime I call and get unfavorable response.

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Besides finding out you're out of AP on the phone, did you receive that informtion through mail or email?

I am just curious because I want to resist calling them since I get disappointed everytime I call and get unfavorable response.

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Guys, there seem to be some good news as I just spoke to an operator and she said that it's technically still here, but will be sent to the embassy in India TODAY! That's certainly good news but I won't jump until I reconfirm this afternoon.

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Guys, there seem to be some good news as I just spoke to an operator and she said that it's technically still here, but will be sent to the embassy in India TODAY! That's certainly good news but I won't jump until I reconfirm this afternoon.

thats awesome! I hope you hear its gone later :)

in answer to your previous question we never received anything from the nvc after they sent it

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

:dancing:

yaaay Desi!

still in...good behavior isnt working out so well.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Congratulations! :thumbs:

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Eventually he got the snail mail in the USA. We didn't get the notice for 2 weeks, and by then I was 3 days fro the interview.

We called every day near the end.

Timeline

Thanks!

51 Days for me today.

Congrats! =D

I have no idea what's up with my whatever envelope that I am supposed to receive. I called the Embassy today, spoke to the lady who knew me by the name, too (that's getting really weird..), she sent she mailed it on Monday... and that I should get it. Well, yeah, really, I should. But why is it not there? I totally don't understand why they use normal mail, instead of something you're supposed to sign for.. Grrr. If it doesn't show up here tomorrow, I'll have to call again. They'll just ban me and my phonecalls from the Embassy...

If anything, she said there will be no problems at all with rescheduling the interview. I just have to call back once I have my envelope.

I'm going to do the list.

Please count your days.

Badgella - 52

Cdneh - 51

Marmite Lovers - 45

OK. I fluffed it. To much to drink last night.

:star: Cdneh - 53

:star: Dzyrhetom - 52 days

:star: Badgerella - 51

:star: Marmite Lovers - 45

Here's the one to update...second version :yes:

Timeline

Please count your days.

Badgella - 52

Cdneh - 51

Marmite Lovers - 45

52 for us, 52. ;)

Timeline

Please count your days.

Badgella - 52

Cdneh - 51

Marmite Lovers - 45

52 for us, 52. ;)

and desiman just got out..at 51?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.