senyorita80

I think Im a lil late :(

9 posts in this topic

My green card is expiring NEXT WEEK! eeeeeek ya I know... pls dont attack me. Took me a while to save $545. So it's expiring Nov. 17 and I JUST mailed it today through USPS overnight shipping. So it'll get there tomorrow morning (at least thats what the guy said)

Is that a little too late? I believe/hope that if they see its postmarked b4 my card expires then I'm good.... correct? Oooh hope so. :unsure:

So having the thought that I'm only going to be able to file it close to the expiration date, I took effort in collecting copies of needed evidence.

1. Our son's "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" - equivalent to a US Birth Certificate. (BTW our son is now 5 yrs old)

2. Colored & BnW copies, front & back of my green card

Docs in BOTH our names:

3. Joint Checking & Savings account

4. Joint Tax returns

5. Mortgage Contract, Deed & other lending docs

6. Home Insurance

7. Car Insurance

8. Medical Insurance (his name, my name & our son's)

9. Life Insurance (beneficiaries: me & our son)

10. Husbands Retirement Plan (his name, my name & our son's)

11. PHOTOS - highlights of our son's Birthdays, Family trips & Holidays from 2006 - present. About 70+ photos.

Well I hope I'm complete and that I did not file too late.

My green card is expiring NEXT WEEK! eeeeeek ya I know... pls dont attack me. Took me a while to save $545. So it's expiring Nov. 17 and I JUST mailed it today through USPS overnight shipping. So it'll get there tomorrow morning (at least thats what the guy said)

Is that a little too late? I believe/hope that if they see its postmarked b4 my card expires then I'm good.... correct? Oooh hope so. :unsure:

So having the thought that I'm only going to be able to file it close to the expiration date, I took effort in collecting copies of needed evidence.

1. Our son's "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" - equivalent to a US Birth Certificate. (BTW our son is now 5 yrs old)

Docs in BOTH our names:

Wou

4. Joint Tax returns

6. Home Insurance

7. Car Insurance

11. PHOTOS - highlights of our son's Birthdays, Family trips & Holidays from 2006 - present. About 70+ photos.

would have been better if you filed it 90 days before the expiration date as what you been told to..but anyway better late than never.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Docs in BOTH our names:

4. Joint Tax returns

6. Home Insurance

7. Car Insurance

You're evidence looks good, you got it in before it expired as well. I'm sure enough you should be fine. You should get an NOA in a few weeks. At least most other's appeared to get their's in that time frame, mine has yet to show up. Collecting $545 is not an easy feat at this point in time.. unless your rich :lol:

Keep an eye on the mail I'm sure you'll get that NOA shortly! :hehe:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

We cut it even closer than you! Just under the wire! :blush: Sometimes things just go that way... we had a death in the family and a bunch of other things going on... and had to save even more because we are K1K2.

Don't feel bad... I bet we will both be fine! :thumbs: (knock on wood)

Best wishes,

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I cut it way down to the wire. It actually didn't arrive until a day after the greencard expired (which was on a Sunday) then on top of everything else they sent the whole packet back because they didn't like the form we used. So needless to say our GC expired on the 11th and the NOA was dated the 29th. We just received word that our GC was approved last week and we are waiting for the card now. Try not to stress. Your evidence looks good and you go it in. Hoping for a speedy approval :D

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Docs in BOTH our names:

4. Joint Tax returns

6. Home Insurance

7. Car Insurance

Don't worry. I'm sure you will be fine.

I cut it way down to the wire. It actually didn't arrive until a day after the greencard expired (which was on a Sunday) then on top of everything else they sent the whole packet back because they didn't like the form we used. So needless to say our GC expired on the 11th and the NOA was dated the 29th. We just received word that our GC was approved last week and we are waiting for the card now. Try not to stress. Your evidence looks good and you go it in. Hoping for a speedy approval :D

Congratulations!

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

oh sheesh thanks! its nice to know im not alone :D i hope for speedy approval for all of us.

Maya .. sorry to hear about a death in your family.

Yaads... so what happens in the waiting process? I dont have any other government ID to use while my green card is pending. I dont drive so I dont got a drivers license.

For those people like me, what kind of identification did you use? Did you get a state ID?

Thanks again!

Edited by senyorita80

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your evidence looks good and you got it in in time so you should be fine.

You will receive an NOA letter that will extend the status of your green card for one year. You carry that around with you along with the expired green card and that proves your legal status in the US. If you don't have a Driver's License it would be a good idea to get a State ID card. You never know when you might need photo ID and not want to have to carry your passport with you.

Good luck. I believe your application is filed in Vermont so if so, prepare for a long wait. They are currently processing applications that were submitted in December 2007. (I believe Michigan submits to Vermont- if not and your application was sent to Callifornia you won't have nearly as long a wait).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

As long as you get it in before the day it expires you should be ok

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.