Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi guys, my wife's Spousal visa application is getting close to the interview stage. We are just awaiting final approval from NVC.

Question, approximately how long is the wait time between interview and completion of the case in Nairobi embassy? Do you think an expedite can be requested due to security issues throughout Kenya?

Timeline

hi guys, my wife's Spousal visa application is getting close to the interview stage. We are just awaiting final approval from NVC.

Question, approximately how long is the wait time between interview and completion of the case in Nairobi embassy? Do you think an expedite can be requested due to security issues throughout Kenya?

Now you have my mind going. What security issues going on throughout Kenya..can you elaborate? We are not at the interview stage yet but I know I read that it can take 56 days to schedule an interview with the Embassy then about 4 days to issue the visa. A VJ'er just got approved in March and this is the latest info that she told me. Her name is lonelywithouthim1 She may have done a review.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

PLEASE I NEED HELP.i WENT FOR INTERVIEW LAST WEEK.i WAS GIVEN A YELLOW SLIP TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS.i DID TODAY.WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF APPROVAL PLEASE.

Give it a couple of days or weeks for the consulate to review the documents you submitted! after their decision is made you will be notified! Good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

anyone that can explain to me the easiest way, by public means, to get to:

1.the medical appointment

2.the us embassy?

thanks for your help

11.14.2012======NOA1

Mark 11:23 KJV

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed , and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

anyone that can explain to me the easiest way, by public means, to get to:

1.the medical appointment

2.the us embassy?

thanks for your help

Hi,

I got this information for the medical from the US embassy website

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC)

P.O Box 55040-00200

78, United Nations Crescent off UN Avenue, Gigiri

Nairobi, Kenya

Landlines: 272 0060/1, 272 3605, 273 5115

Mobile Numbers: 0731 974 031, 0731 874 027, 0734 860 686

Fax: 272 2818

Please call and make sure that is the right place. I did my medical back in 2010 at IOM Hospital along Ngong Road but there has been changes since then. Kindly call them and confirm if that's where they are doing the medical.

To get to the US Embassy from Nairobi Town. You will take a mat. You can find these at Odeon Cinema, Tom Mboya Street, take number 11B or you can go to Khoja Roundabout and take mat number 106. Ask them to alight you at UNEP stage on the left hand side, cross the road to the right hand side. You will see a road, which is UN Avenue. Walk down that road for about five minutes and on your left hand side you will see the US Embassy.

If you confirm that the medical is being done at IOM on the address I have given above, it should not be far from the US embassy.

Wish you luck.

Timeline

Thanks, Nyosh. I tried calling them, but they don't pick up their calls. They did, however respond to my email for booking and the address is the same as the one you gave me.

Do you know if at any one point I will need to have someone else take care of my child during the medical appointment? He's three years old, I wouldn't be comfortable leaving him by himself. Should I come with someone else?

Hi,

I got this information for the medical from the US embassy website

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC)
P.O Box 55040-00200
78, United Nations Crescent off UN Avenue, Gigiri
Nairobi, Kenya
Landlines: 272 0060/1, 272 3605, 273 5115
Mobile Numbers: 0731 974 031, 0731 874 027, 0734 860 686
Fax: 272 2818

Please call and make sure that is the right place. I did my medical back in 2010 at IOM Hospital along Ngong Road but there has been changes since then. Kindly call them and confirm if that's where they are doing the medical.

To get to the US Embassy from Nairobi Town. You will take a mat. You can find these at Odeon Cinema, Tom Mboya Street, take number 11B or you can go to Khoja Roundabout and take mat number 106. Ask them to alight you at UNEP stage on the left hand side, cross the road to the right hand side. You will see a road, which is UN Avenue. Walk down that road for about five minutes and on your left hand side you will see the US Embassy.

If you confirm that the medical is being done at IOM on the address I have given above, it should not be far from the US embassy.

Wish you luck.

11.14.2012======NOA1

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed , and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Timeline

Thanks, Nyosh. I tried calling them, but they don't pick up their calls. They did, however respond to my email for booking and the address is the same as the one you gave me.

Do you know if at any one point I will need to have someone else take care of my child during the medical appointment? He's three years old, I wouldn't be comfortable leaving him by himself. Should I come with someone else?

Yes, you will need someone to take care of your child because it takes the whole day just to do the medical.

Timeline

Thanks Nyosh, God bless you.

11.14.2012======NOA1

Timeline

Yes, you will need someone to take care of your child because it takes the whole day just to do the medical.

Sorry if i am asking you too many questions. I have a quick question, do we pay for the medical appointment before we go in? or do we report on the first day and get the bill, which we will pay before we come again for day two?

if we pay before, how will i know where to pay and how much to pay?

11.14.2012======NOA1

Timeline

Sorry if i am asking you too many questions. I have a quick question, do we pay for the medical appointment before we go in? or do we report on the first day and get the bill, which we will pay before we come again for day two?

if we pay before, how will i know where to pay and how much to pay?

Its ok to ask questions, we are here to help each other.

You will pay for the medical on the first day you go for the appointment. The second day you just collect the results. You will be told the fees at IOM Hospital and you will be given instructions on where to pay and how much.

Timeline

thanks, i was worried because on the advice sheet they said that the fees were to be paid earlier, and i am not able to make it to nairobi before the appointment on monday next week.

thank you so much for your help.

11.14.2012======NOA1

Timeline

thanks, i was worried because on the advice sheet they said that the fees were to be paid earlier, and i am not able to make it to nairobi before the appointment on monday next week.

thank you so much for your help.

Please call them and confirm, if that's what the advice sheet says. Ask also the means of payment and if you will be allowed to pay on your appointment day. I did my medical back in 2010 and I paid for it on the day of appointment. Things might have changed.

Edited by Nyosh

Timeline

thanks. I have sent them an email, i hope they will reply before the end of the business day tomorrow. they have never picked up their calls when i call them.

11.14.2012======NOA1

Timeline

thanks. I have sent them an email, i hope they will reply before the end of the business day tomorrow. they have never picked up their calls when i call them.

Ok. Wish you the very best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.