Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

My wife was approved!!!!!!!!! alhamdulillah.......according to her, the interview was fairly simple. She was only asked a few questions.

when did you get married?

where does your husband work?

how often do you talk to your husband and provide proof

she provided call records and she was given an approval. I really thought it would be harder than that, and she did mention a lot of people were being denied. I did frontload the initial application, but all thanks is to Allah for making this process easy and smooth. I wish all of you the best of luck with your interview.

Congratulations! I am praying my husband's goes just as well as hers did! So happy for you.

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

If the doctor does not require further tests after your exam, you will be given your CXR film and vaccination

certificate on the same day while your medical report (DS forms) will be sent to the embassy the following
day. In the event if further tests are required, the doctors will advice you when to collect your CXR film and
vaccination certificate

This sounds about right. My wife had a scar on her chest X-ray from a childhood injury, and IOM required a TB test with an 8-week culture time - much to our dismay! But I think that's fairly uncommon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wife was approved on thursday and was able to pick up visa today(monday). Pretty quick turn around. alhamdulillah....good luck mrsalato, you spouse will pass with flying colors insha'allah

10/15/12-NOA1
12/28/2012-NOA2
04/10/2013-case complete

7/18/2013-interview

Wife was approved on thursday and was able to pick up visa today(monday). Pretty quick turn around. alhamdulillah....good luck mrsalato, you spouse will pass with flying colors insha'allah

Wow, it would be amazing if my hubby's visa turn around would be that fast too. 27 hours til my husband's interview! I am so excited/nervous. Thanks!

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uganda
Timeline

WOW that was fast. Congratulations, You said she said a lot of people were being denied? Was it K1's, IR1/CR1 or parents being denied? Iam just so anxious.

Edited by rainyblue

Timeline

WOW that was fast. Congratulations, You said she said a lot of people were being denied? Was it K1's, IR1/CR1 or parents being denied? Iam just so anxious.

I probably shouldn't have used "a lot". some people were denied, but it all depends on your case. We actually didn't have much evidence, nor did they request it. I did frontload three photos, and monies I have sent my wife. I really couldn't sleep the night of the interview, but it turned out to be much easier than expected. I wouldn't worry too much Rainyblue. Just pray to have a nice person interview your spouse as it seems that much depends on interviewer. good luck

10/15/12-NOA1
12/28/2012-NOA2
04/10/2013-case complete

7/18/2013-interview

Timeline

Wow, it would be amazing if my hubby's visa turn around would be that fast too. 27 hours til my husband's interview! I am so excited/nervous. Thanks!

Talk about being nervous! I didn't sleep the night of the interview. The crazy thing was that my wife lost her phone in the process, so she wasn't able to call me right away. She eventually made it to her hotel and called me around 5am central time. I didn't bother with sleep at this point and went straight to work. Talk about a long, but wonderful day....................

10/15/12-NOA1
12/28/2012-NOA2
04/10/2013-case complete

7/18/2013-interview

Timeline

I probably shouldn't have used "a lot". some people were denied, but it all depends on your case. We actually didn't have much evidence, nor did they request it. I did frontload three photos, and monies I have sent my wife. I really couldn't sleep the night of the interview, but it turned out to be much easier than expected. I wouldn't worry too much Rainyblue. Just pray to have a nice person interview your spouse as it seems that much depends on interviewer. good luck

It is actually for my parents. :)

My hubby was just APPROVED! Thank you, God. He interviewed with a nice American in her 20's who only asked him a few simple questions. She did not request any info from him (we front loaded the application like crazy). He said he noticed that the file was already stamped APPROVED when he got up to the counter. I will write a review later but just wanted to share with our VJ family that our wait is almost over...my hubby will be coming home in less than 2 weeks! Feeling so relieved.

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Timeline

I haven't been online since it happened, but I took my husband, Wilson, for his interview on July 3rd, they asked him a few simple questions: How did you meet your wife? Who is Samal? (This is Wilson's cousing who was named after me and was mentioned in a letter that we submitted with the 'proof' and applications) Who is Al? (This is my father who filed an affidavit of support for Wilson) How do you communicate with your wife? (Wilson said, "in English" lol) They asked if he had any pictures, which he brought a couple. They told him he was approved, returned all the files and gave him information for his next step. One of the people he was speaking with in the waiting room had applied for a work visa (his brother was in US) and he was denied because he forgot to fill out some paperwork, or didn't do it correctly. The visa was ready for pick up on July 9. We booked tickets on the 10th, picked up the visa and yellow packet on the 11th, left on the 14th and arrived in Chicago on the 15th. Because we were together, they let us go to the US citizen/green card line for the passport stamping. The person at the counter gave Wilson a red folder to put his packet in and directed us to get our bags and go to customs. At customs the person there will direct you to an area where you give the red folder and passport to a man at a desk and sit and wait to be called. It took about 20 minutes, Wilson was called up and fingerprinted, then they gave him his passport back and directed him to go around the corner to line number 4. The passport had the visa in it and a stamp that said the immigrant has been notified of the conditional status of the visa and how to remove the conditional status, but Wilson said the man didn't say anything to him. Line number four was just the customs bag xray. He asked if we brought food, we said no and we were out! In the US!

Now I think we are waiting for the green card to be mailed, is that correct? I don't remember if I said I wanted the Social Security card right away...is there a way to check the status of the Green Card and Social Security card?

Timeline

I haven't been online since it happened, but I took my husband, Wilson, for his interview on July 3rd, they asked him a few simple questions: How did you meet your wife? Who is Samal? (This is Wilson's cousing who was named after me and was mentioned in a letter that we submitted with the 'proof' and applications) Who is Al? (This is my father who filed an affidavit of support for Wilson) How do you communicate with your wife? (Wilson said, "in English" lol) They asked if he had any pictures, which he brought a couple. They told him he was approved, returned all the files and gave him information for his next step. One of the people he was speaking with in the waiting room had applied for a work visa (his brother was in US) and he was denied because he forgot to fill out some paperwork, or didn't do it correctly. The visa was ready for pick up on July 9. We booked tickets on the 10th, picked up the visa and yellow packet on the 11th, left on the 14th and arrived in Chicago on the 15th. Because we were together, they let us go to the US citizen/green card line for the passport stamping. The person at the counter gave Wilson a red folder to put his packet in and directed us to get our bags and go to customs. At customs the person there will direct you to an area where you give the red folder and passport to a man at a desk and sit and wait to be called. It took about 20 minutes, Wilson was called up and fingerprinted, then they gave him his passport back and directed him to go around the corner to line number 4. The passport had the visa in it and a stamp that said the immigrant has been notified of the conditional status of the visa and how to remove the conditional status, but Wilson said the man didn't say anything to him. Line number four was just the customs bag xray. He asked if we brought food, we said no and we were out! In the US!

Now I think we are waiting for the green card to be mailed, is that correct? I don't remember if I said I wanted the Social Security card right away...is there a way to check the status of the Green Card and Social Security card?

Congratulations SamanthaP. All the best on this new and exciting journey.

Timeline

My hubby was just APPROVED! Thank you, God. He interviewed with a nice American in her 20's who only asked him a few simple questions. She did not request any info from him (we front loaded the application like crazy). He said he noticed that the file was already stamped APPROVED when he got up to the counter. I will write a review later but just wanted to share with our VJ family that our wait is almost over...my hubby will be coming home in less than 2 weeks! Feeling so relieved.

Congrats!!! I knew he'd do fine......depending on your dhl location, he can pick up the visa in no time....

Nairobi embassy seems to be much better than people were giving them credit for.......glad we're all being approved

10/15/12-NOA1
12/28/2012-NOA2
04/10/2013-case complete

7/18/2013-interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.