akdiver

Well, I have finally decided...

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Palin in 2012!!! :dance::dance::dance:

It just won't be the same. Right now she's so completely clueless that it's comedy gold every time she opens her gosh-darned mouth, you betcha! In 4 years she'll have been schooled and handled and reformed into what the GOP wants her to be, and she'll just be another politician. If only we could stick her in an igloo and cryogenically freeze her for 4 years...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Palin in 2012!!! :dance::dance::dance:

It just won't be the same. Right now she's so completely clueless that it's comedy gold every time she opens her gosh-darned mouth, you betcha! In 4 years she'll have been schooled and handled and reformed into what the GOP wants her to be, and she'll just be another politician. If only we could stick her in an igloo and cryogenically freeze her for 4 years...

:rofl:

:thumbs:

I hear ya! Everytime I see either her or Tina Fey, I always wonder who I'm really looking at, don'tcha know?! ;):lol:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We could use an I love McCain/Palin thread. We're overdosing on Obama love.

well no one is stopping you from posting them :whistle:

:rolleyes:

Marilyn... please don't encourage her!!! :P

it would be a refreshing change of pace to see the McCain supporters posting good stuff about McCain instead of trying to bash Obama...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
it would be a refreshing change of pace to see the McCain supporters posting good stuff about McCain instead of trying to bash Obama...
See the OP.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
See the OP.

:rolleyes: um yes I know.. I was responding to VW's comment...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
We could use an I love McCain/Palin thread. We're overdosing on Obama love.

well no one is stopping you from posting them :whistle:

:rolleyes:

Marilyn... please don't encourage her!!! :P

But therein lies the problem... there isn't any good stuff about McCain. He'####### rock bottom, and all he can do now is run negative ads against Obama.

The facts are:

Obama will win the election with well over 300 electoral votes

The Senate will gain at least 8 Dems

The House will gain at least 20 Dems

So thanks to George W. Bush and his legacy, the Republican party will have to take a back seat for at least 2 years.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

So thanks to George W. Bush and his legacy, the Republican party will have to take a back seat for at least 2 years.

I think this can only be a good thing. I support a lot of what the Republican Party stands for, such as fiscal responsibility, a strong national defense, and small government. The GOP have abandoned all of these principles and allowed themselves to be taken over by extremist elements that absolutely do not reflect the core values of the GOP. So if it takes 2 years of wandering in the wilderness for them to get back to their core values, I for one will welcome them back with open arms.

Gotta say though, I'm not counting this chicken until it's hatched. And I dont' think it'll be over tomorrow night...we'll be counting votes from at least one state, probably 2, for at least a week.

Timeline
I didn't know this was going to be an "I love McCain/Palin Thread".
If you think I was indicating that I love McCain and/or Palin - well - wow.

I hope Palin and McCain win - simply because it will piss off Obama and company

Wanting them to win does not equal loving them. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who want them to win more out of wanting to avoid the alternative then out of actually "loving" them.

:yes: that's how hubby feels.. he doesn't like EITHER choice, so he's left voting for the lesser of two bad choices.

Can't help but shake my head at this. Last I checked, he has more than two (bad) choices. Why he forces himself to vote for bad choices is beyond me.

2 choices being McCain & Obama.. and the only other options are 1. don't vote.. or 2. waste your vote voting for someone who has zero chance of winning or 4. spoil your ballot.

I guess your individual choice on a SO is likely a waste. Should probably see which is most popular too, right? Wonder at which point voting is an individual act..

I think it's a bad comparison personally.. my choice in husband won't effect an entire nation, and have worldwide implications.. I think this election IS all about strategic voting.. most people I know are voting strategically.. they don't like the alternative (on both sides).. so regardless of their party affiliation or attraction they are voting for what's in the best interest of the nation..

You have to strategically pick which candidate you personally think is best? The only strategy here I see is which is most popular. I guess you could also better your chances of winning if both major parties merged. Then you'd be 100% a winner! That is, if this is what voting is all about. Last I checked, however, it's voting who YOU, as an individual, think is the best candidate on the ballot, or even putting a write-in, regardless of what everyone else thinks. If you want to sell your vote to what's most popular, that's your choice too, but be careful in the irony of suggesting to me that not voting for a major party or not voting a popular vote is throwing my vote away.

Edited by SRVT

Well, it's been a struggle - but I have finally decided.

Since it doesn't really matter WHO the VP or president are - I hope Palin and McCain win - simply because it will piss off Obama and company and bring out the race baiters in full force. The ensuing show will be fun to watch. Plus, it will get Palin the hell out of Alaska (hopefully, for good). That's just an extra bonus.

In other news - I am happy to sell off my vote. I will vote for your candidate of choice for as little as $50 (cash only).

I'll give you a quarter and a slap on the a$$. Deal?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
With what is going on now between the old Soviet Union and Latin America, we certainly do not need a hot head in the White House, my God, I have very decent lovable in-laws in those Latin American countries. Can't even imagine the likes of Palin involved in a situation like this, WWIII almost broke out during the Cuban Crisis, took a young inexperienced but intelligent president with a cool hear to prevent that.

So what is our choices, a hot head that can kick the bucket at any minute with a dingbat, or a young inexperienced but level headed man that was top in his class at Harvard, not a below C average guy that we have now also with a short fuse.

Better vote as if your life depends on it because it does.

Could you repeat that again... you know the part about a "young inexperienced President" having a cool head about Cuba?

First Kennedy was not "Inexperienced" you can't elevate Obama by tearing down others.

Kennedy;

Was a Commander in the Navy during war-time.

Served in the US house of Reps. from 1947-53

The US senate from 1953-60

As far as his "cool head", he was right on Cuba as often as he was wrong.

Have you heard of the "Bay of Pigs" fiasco?

Wasn't it Kennedy who sent troops to Vietnam>?

<<<<Kennedy enacted policies providing political, economic, and military support for the unstable French-installed South Vietnamese government, which included sending 16,000 military advisors and U.S. Special Forces to the area. Kennedy also agreed to the use of free-fire zones, napalm, defoliants and jet planes. U.S. involvement in the area continually escalated until regular U.S. forces were directly fighting the Vietnam War in the next administration.>>>

I don't say all this to "bust on kennedy" but rather to dispel your suggestion that;

1. Obama is the "new Kennedy". While Kennedy and Obama are both photogenic; the similarities end there. Kennedy was absolutely qualified and experienced. (and his politics quite different as well).

2. Kennedy has no halo around his presidency, he made some blunders (as all presidents do) but I would suggest they would have been considerably worse, had his experience level been minimal.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think most voters realize this election isn't about the candidates themselves, but about the different ideas on which direction to take this country. You just got to shut off the TV and read beyond the rhetorical narratives to get to the real meat of the argument. It's really that simple.

I think most voters realize this election isn't about the candidates themselves, but about the different ideas on which direction to take this country. You just got to shut off the TV and read beyond the rhetorical narratives to get to the real meat of the argument. It's really that simple.

It's much simpler than that. Well, it can be. Just vote McSame / MILF.

mcsame-milf.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I hope McCain and Palin win, because that will mean that the American electorate will have played the largest practical joke on all the f***ing pollsters, hopefully raising a large amount of money for the head of "Psychiatrists In Need" (Pin head, for short), as they all seek help with self-esteem issues. Plus, it will show the media up as a pack of useless, uninfomed hyenas, chasing the personalities and the numbers, because they are uninterested in the actual policies. :devil:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline
I hope McCain and Palin win, because that will mean that the American electorate will have played the largest practical joke on all the f***ing pollsters, hopefully raising a large amount of money for the head of "Psychiatrists In Need" (Pin head, for short), as they all seek help with self-esteem issues. Plus, it will show the media up as a pack of useless, uninfomed hyenas, chasing the personalities and the numbers, because they are uninterested in the actual policies. :devil:
I'll vote for that.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.