29 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got a little confused about the I-163 :crying: what happen was i called this doctor coz he is in the civil surgeon list, i know i still needed some vaccine sand all that, now it says that i need another test for tb coz i had my medical exams after June 1..

so i went to this doctor got my blood test he said come back next for the results.. si i came back, i ask about the vaccines, what he did was give me a shot of another MMR which is already complete in my record. he gave me the results in a sealed envelope and paid him $250 its very expensive and im not even sure if what he did is already ok for me in terms of of the AOS and my health and vaccinationwise..

what do you think guys, was i scammed? :unsure:

😁

I felt the same way. He told me it costs $175.

I had a weird feeling and took $100 more with me just in case.

When I was there he told me they have to take blood for HIV and Syphilis. I already knew that but I thought It is part of the medical and in the fee included. But each blood test was $50

I went to the Health Department to get the MMR ($57 + $5 to get the shot).

At the end I paid $336. :dead:

Two days later the CS called me and told me that I would need the HPV.

The problem was that nobody wanted to give me the vacci because i'm almost 26. I couldn't even buy the shot.

So I called the CS again and told him it was impossible to get that vacci (would have been another $230)

Finally he filled out the old form where no HPV was requiered. (I had my appointment on June 26th. The new form was requiered after July 1st he said) :wacko:

I got a copy of the medical.

Did you have to pay extra for the shots?

ROC - approved 08/2011

i was also asked to have another shot of MMR here in the US..

even though it says in my record from PI that it's completed.. ;)

but then i only paid $20/vaccine since it's the health center..

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

i got a little confused about the I-163 :crying: what happen was i called this doctor coz he is in the civil surgeon list, i know i still needed some vaccine sand all that, now it says that i need another test for tb coz i had my medical exams after June 1..

so i went to this doctor got my blood test he said come back next for the results.. si i came back, i ask about the vaccines, what he did was give me a shot of another MMR which is already complete in my record. he gave me the results in a sealed envelope and paid him $250 its very expensive and im not even sure if what he did is already ok for me in terms of of the AOS and my health and vaccinationwise..

I've been saying forever that these "doctors" are white-collar criminals.

As of June 1, all exams must be done with the new Tb test requirement, so he's right there.

As for the vaccines, why did you agree to receive a vaccine you knew you already had. These guys think that people are complete morons and will do and pay whatever they want just because they are immigrants. And I think that most immigrants do thinking it's in their best interest. But these guys aren't looking after your best interest (giving another MMR isn't completely safe), they are looking out for their bank account's best interest.

Did he give you a copy of the form he filled out or did you just get a sealed envelope? If he didn't give you one, you need to go back and get a copy, just in case CIS loses the one you send them and you need to resend. If you get a copy, check and see that all required vaccines are marked as either "completed" or "not age appropriate".

Edited by kid brooklyn

We called around and found one on Warner in Santa Ana that charged $70 for the form and the vaccination. It was very reasonable. He did want to take another xray so I went home and got the one Claudeth had from the physical before her interview and he accepted it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

2nd dose of MMR is given to someone because about 2~5% of people do not develop immunity after the 1st dose. When someone has to prove that she is immune to MMR and has no reliable documentation to prove that she is vaccinated (say when a USC is going back to college), what health care provider do is to get serologic test (blood test) and check for antigen (antigen shows that you are immune to cerain diseases). Since you said that doctor saw blood test and said you need MMR, I presume that you did not have positive titer for MMR antigen, in which case you MUST have a shot. There is no evidence that people who are already immune to MMR get sick from recieving MMR shots so there is no worry about being physically harmed by your experience. Only thing got hurt was your wallet :D

It is also true that you will need to pay additional fees for blood testing and any and all shots you need to meet the requirement. I paid $200 for blood testing and $50 for each shot. I have recieved immunization shots at public health clinic run by the country and my civil surgon did not charge any more than most government run clincs do. FYI all of this are in addition to the fee to see civil surgon which in my case cost $250.

TB testing requirement was changed because people in the US are afraid of TB outbreaks and we got drug resistant strain of TB and we cannot take any chances with that sort of thing. I got TB skintest even though I have a documentation from US hospital saying that I am TB positive already with negative chest x-ray ( which cost more money!)

Further infomation on MMR vaccination, visit CDC site here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/combo-...aqs-mmr-hcp.htm

TB testing requirement from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

.png

08-30-2008 AOS Required doc sent to laywer via USPS /c Certified Mail

09-04-2008 Lawyer sent application to DHS (Woo!)

09-15-2008 Biometric appointment scheduled on 10/06/2008

10-06-2008 Biometric done!

11-07-2008 NOA for interview. AOS interview set Dec 9 2008

11-17-2008 EAD production ordered. Travel Doc approved

11-22-2008 Got APin mail

11-24-2008 EAD in mail!

11-24-2008 AOS interview prep and verification of evidence of shared life with my lawyer. Laywer gave me "the most documented marriadge of year award"

12-09-2008 AOS interview @ USCIS Seattle Office. IO thought I had way too much evidence for the time I've been married. Oh Dear.

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's my story too.

I went to a CS here, looked up on my DS form and as what I understood..I am complete with the vaccine aside from the varicella which was noted by the Physician at St. Lukes as "VH" since I already have a history of chicken pox. Problem was I didn't have a "documentation" on it because I just showed my scar at St. Lukes. Now the CS here told me I need documentation.He doesn't believe SCARS>>> What documentation I should give? He suggested on me to have a blood test that way I could be determined if I really had the history of it OR get the shot again which cost for him $75 + $65 to transcribe the form.

What I did was,went to the public health ( just to avoid the $75,that's still a lot ) had my shot again for FREE. The nurse also gave me a TB skin test and another MMR for FREE ( after looking at my record ) I guess they don't trust Philippines MMR... I went back to the CS and showed him the paper that I got the shot. He filled up the I-693 form and checked the appropriate vaccines and you know what he checked on the varicella????!!!! MAY 29..the date I had my medical at St. Lukes. See? that proves that some CS are trying to get money from us.. better be careful for those CS. I payed 65 bucks for him to transcribe.

Be watchful and complain if a MUST!!

Vida Taylor

Edited by blukiss24

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2nd dose of MMR is given to someone because about 2~5% of people do not develop immunity after the 1st dose. When someone has to prove that she is immune to MMR and has no reliable documentation to prove that she is vaccinated (say when a USC is going back to college), what health care provider do is to get serologic test (blood test) and check for antigen (antigen shows that you are immune to cerain diseases). Since you said that doctor saw blood test and said you need MMR, I presume that you did not have positive titer for MMR antigen, in which case you MUST have a shot. There is no evidence that people who are already immune to MMR get sick from recieving MMR shots so there is no worry about being physically harmed by your experience. Only thing got hurt was your wallet :D

That explains about the MMR.. Thanks for the info :)

Vida Taylor

Edited by blukiss24

Timeline

he didnt shot me with anything other than MMR which i am sooo scared after coz i knew i had it done already..

the Cs saidit not neeeded in the AOS immigration..

😁

Timeline
As of June 1, all exams must be done with the new Tb test requirement, so he's right there.

nope im sorry he didnt say i needed the TB exam i just read it in USCIS, what he did was only blood works and another shot of MMR and voila the next day im sooo done, im so scared to open the envelope coz i know it would jeopardize my I-693.

As for the vaccines, why did you agree to receive a vaccine you knew you already had. These guys think that people are complete morons and will do and pay whatever they want just because they are immigrants. And I think that most immigrants do thinking it's in their best interest. But these guys aren't looking after your best interest (giving another MMR isn't completely safe), they are looking out for their bank account's best interest.

Did he give you a copy of the form he filled out or did you just get a sealed envelope? If he didn't give you one, you need to go back and get a copy, just in case CIS loses the one you send them and you need to resend. If you get a copy, check and see that all required vaccines are marked as either "completed" or "not age appropriate".

😁

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

nope im sorry he didnt say i needed the TB exam i just read it in USCIS, what he did was only blood works and another shot of MMR and voila the next day im sooo done, im so scared to open the envelope coz i know it would jeopardize my I-693.

If you open the envelope, it will void the document inside.

.png

08-30-2008 AOS Required doc sent to laywer via USPS /c Certified Mail

09-04-2008 Lawyer sent application to DHS (Woo!)

09-15-2008 Biometric appointment scheduled on 10/06/2008

10-06-2008 Biometric done!

11-07-2008 NOA for interview. AOS interview set Dec 9 2008

11-17-2008 EAD production ordered. Travel Doc approved

11-22-2008 Got APin mail

11-24-2008 EAD in mail!

11-24-2008 AOS interview prep and verification of evidence of shared life with my lawyer. Laywer gave me "the most documented marriadge of year award"

12-09-2008 AOS interview @ USCIS Seattle Office. IO thought I had way too much evidence for the time I've been married. Oh Dear.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure bout that.When i filed my AOS I didnt go to a civil surgeon.all i have is my vaccination record from phils and uscis didnt ask for i163.Got my GC after 4 mos.so i dnt think u need to go to civil surgeon.I hve some friends who filed b4 me and they ddnt go to civil surgeon too but they got their GC.

Not sure bout that.When i filed my AOS I didnt go to a civil surgeon.all i have is my vaccination record from phils and uscis didnt ask for i163.Got my GC after 4 mos.so i dnt think u need to go to civil surgeon.I hve some friends who filed b4 me and they ddnt go to civil surgeon too but they got their GC.

Sorry, but that is completely wrong. Only an I-693 form signed by a CS is accepted for AOS. Things have changed since you applied.

fyi.. :innocent:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.