almaty

Happy Diwali ..to my Indian brother and sisters

24 posts in this topic

Happy Diwali

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
In Nepal they call it Tihar - my ILs are doing Lakshmi puja at home and I wish I could be there... :(

On this day you can eat all the sweets you like and not feel guilty, LOL...

Hiya Pattu!!! smiley-faces-80.gif

I love your tag line... hehe

Hubster and I went to one of only two Nepalese restaurants that we really love here and I just die for the momos. :P

Aren't they yummy??? I like paneer and mushroom momos the best, steamed is good but best is if they are sauteed in chili sauce with onions and peppers - one day I am promising I will make them from scratch and when Govi gets here hopefully I will have perfected my momo-making skills. :D

I'll be on your doorstep when you get them perfected... :D

I am involved with the Tibetan community here and when they have a special event, they always make homemade food and of course momos are always on the menu. Theirs are a little bigger than the Nepalese ones.... OMG, now I want momos. LOL

But back to Diwali, some good Indian food will be had tonight... w00t! :dance:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

In Nepal they call it Tihar - my ILs are doing Lakshmi puja at home and I wish I could be there... :(

sorry sister patty, i sure have added..my nepal brothers and sister, too

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Timeline

sorry sister patty, i sure have added..my nepal brothers and sister, too

Dhanyavaad Almaty-daai (Thanks bro Almaty) :D

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We are celebrating Diwali tonight in the Little India neighborhood...YAY! The atmosphere is great and I can't wait to go to the sweet shop! :dance: heeheehee

Happy Diwali!

Thanks for the idea. I think we'll be going that way too. A co-worker brough us some jalebi... YUM!!!!!!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

HAPPY DEWALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am always delighted the time this holiday arrives as it is a special time for alot of my dear friends who live in India.

I had a nice sebatical there and when I arrived in India it was the day before Diwali. I am proud to have encountered and participated in such a colorful and meaningful celebration.

May you all have a healthy and prosperous NEW YEAR!! :star::star::star:

Edited by sandrila

We are celebrating Diwali tonight in the Little India neighborhood...YAY! The atmosphere is great and I can't wait to go to the sweet shop! :dance: heeheehee

Happy Diwali!

Thanks for the idea. I think we'll be going that way too. A co-worker brough us some jalebi... YUM!!!!!!

OMG, jalebi are the best especially when they are fresh and hot and crispy - there used to be a Punjabi place in Flushing that made fresh jalebi every Saturday night and my friend and I would go there just for that - even in KTM i found it hard to find really fresh jalebi unless you got to a place early in the morning - by afternoon they're not so good.

I had about 3 pieces of badam burfi today - calories don't count on Diwali, right??? :unsure:

Hiya Pattu!!! smiley-faces-80.gif

I love your tag line... hehe

Hubster and I went to one of only two Nepalese restaurants that we really love here and I just die for the momos. :P

Aren't they yummy??? I like paneer and mushroom momos the best, steamed is good but best is if they are sauteed in chili sauce with onions and peppers - one day I am promising I will make them from scratch and when Govi gets here hopefully I will have perfected my momo-making skills. :D

I'll be on your doorstep when you get them perfected... :D

I am involved with the Tibetan community here and when they have a special event, they always make homemade food and of course momos are always on the menu. Theirs are a little bigger than the Nepalese ones.... OMG, now I want momos. LOL

But back to Diwali, some good Indian food will be had tonight... w00t! :dance:

I wish I could invite you over for some homemade samosas and chai - I'm lonely :crying: - just thinking if KTM USEM is kind then next Diwali I won't be lonely :dance:

I love Tibetan food - on a rainy cold night like we are having here in NYC I could go for some thentuk(thick noodle soup) and butter tea.

Edited by Pattu Rani