irishgirl73

investigate overdue case

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As many of you know I have been waiting for my noa2 from vsc. I have been told I can not do anything until they are processing cases rec'd 30 days after my receipt date. Well now they are so I will be calling first thing in the morning. I just want to know what they do at this point? Is there some kind of investigation? If this is going to hold me up even more-I am wondering if it is even woth it for me to call them.

I don't think I could handle any more unnecessary waiting :blink:

Any advice? Anyone go through a similar situation?

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sometimes i really cant believe the things i read on here. call your congressmen and write letters to your state representatives if you really are at the end of your rope, just don't expect anything to come of it.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
As many of you know I have been waiting for my noa2 from vsc. I have been told I can not do anything until they are processing cases rec'd 30 days after my receipt date. Well now they are so I will be calling first thing in the morning. I just want to know what they do at this point? Is there some kind of investigation? If this is going to hold me up even more-I am wondering if it is even woth it for me to call them.

I had to do this...3 times!

Actually because we already had an approved CR1 that is under review I didn't stress much, but I figured I paid for it so what they heck. I called the first time. They told me that they would submit a inquiry and to wait 30 days for a response. I waited over 30 days and called back. They told me they would submit an inguiry and to call back in 30 days. Well, after about 60 days I called again. Again I was told they would submit an inquiry and to give them 30 days. :lol:

Well, they finally found it and got it approved, then things moved quickly until it go to the Consulate. Then we were back to the CR1, waiting for a response for the CR1 before they can do anything with the K-3.

Long story short....call tomorrow, along with your congressman or senator. Keep on them, call the day they said to call back...don't hesitate!

Good luck!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

sometimes i really cant believe the things i read on here. call your congressmen and write letters to your state representatives if you really are at the end of your rope, just don't expect anything to come of it.

I am trying to understand what are you trying to say !!?? She is tired of theirs ####### and all what they at least could do is sent e-mail or snail mail and tell her ,we are still processing your case or at least something. I am glad for you that you received your approval very fast but there is no need to discourage people if they are asking for advice and if they share their story . We need to support each other here and to give word of wisdom ,and not to say " sometimes i really cant believe the things i read on here", this is rude to say.

Thank you,

Mr1nice

12/09/05= I mailed I-129F by USPS ,registred mail

12/12/05= I129F received by USCIS /Vermont SC

12/15/05= I received NOA1 by snail mail

02/10/06= Petition Touched ,finally something from USCIS

02/10/06= @ 5:00 PM ,just received e-mail from USCIS finally APPROVED ,

02/17/06= Received snail mail from VSC my petition approved

02/17/06= NVC Received

02/17/06= NVC Left

02/20/06= Consulate Received

03/06/06= US Embassy told her she can come 3/7/2006 for interview

03/07/06= Interview Date : VISA GRANTED & Will pick up VISA today

03/15/06= US Entry

05/11/06= Wedding

AOS/EAD

09/01/06= AOS/EAD mailed in to Chicago

09/05/06= USPS confirms delivery

09/12/06= NOA1 AOS & EAD arrives in mail

09/18/06= Received Biometrics appoint. letter

09/22/06= Biometrics appoint.

09/29/06= Received RFE in the mail..(BC not translated,even we had international (with English Vers.) BC

10/19/06= Email form USCIS: RFE Response received

11/01/06= Email form USCIS: Case transferred to California SC !!!

11/10/06= Touched

11/21/06= Email from USCIS , AOS Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All she has to do is wait, she didn't even get her noa1 until 7 weeks ago. this really just goes to prove the old saying " people are never grateful for what they have". Vermont is the fast service center and i am certain she will recieve her noa2 much faster than a person going through CSC. but of course since it is human nature to be self centered (not a reflection on irishgirl) thast is why we have multiple people writing their congressmen the week after they submit their application. Really the only thing she can do is wait, anyone who tells her she can do something at this point to speed up the process is just making up things.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dont have any advice to give you other than make that wheel squeek. I just hope you get your approval soon. I (as all of us) share your desparation. Best of luck.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your NOA1 date is December 14, VSC is now processing January 8, that isn't 30 days yet.

"When can I call the National Customer Service Center?

If you filed your case 30 days or more before the date shown under the heading "Processing Cases with Receipt Date of" and you have not received a request for evidence, a decision, or another notice in the last 30 days, Please call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283"

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline

[quote sometimes i really cant believe the things i read on here. call your congressmen and write letters to your state representatives if you really are at the end of your rope, just don't expect anything to come of it.

quote]

thanks for the support. What I am saying is this: my case was rec'd 12/8-that is the date in the system. I was told by uscis that I couldn't do anything until they were processing cases dated 1/8-well they are so I was wondering what will happen when I speak to an immigration officer. I actually posted this in the wrong forum-I wanted to post it in the k-1 forum.

Sometimes people on here are so rude. Even though Iam going through Vermont-I should have been approved by now-like everyone else has been. Please keep the negative comments to yourself.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Irish, there is also the CIS Ombudsmans office. There are 2 options there,

specifically about your case but that might cause further delays and for suggestions, complaints etc.

You might want to look into the 2nd one and suggest that Service Centers send out some sort of correspondence when there are delays.

In the old board archives there should be a thread or 2 in the Service Center section about this, a few of us had sent correspondence about the unbalanced processing times between Service Centers. I'm not sure if it helped, but I don't think it hurt either.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline

[quote All she has to do is wait, she didn't even get her noa1 until 7 weeks ago. this really just goes to prove the old saying " people are never grateful for what they have". Vermont is the fast service center and i am certain she will recieve her noa2 much faster than a person going through CSC. but of course since it is human nature to be self centered (not a reflection on irishgirl) thast is why we have multiple people writing their congressmen the week after they submit their application. Really the only thing she can do is wait, anyone who tells her she can do something at this point to speed up the process is just making up things.

quote]

Self centered? Well no offense but I am allowed to be concerned about MY case. VSC has already approved everyone that filed weeks after me-I have every right to be concerned. If I were going through another center it would be a different story-but I am not. I was told 30-45 days & it has been 65 days. I just called & they are investigating because they are processing cases dated 30 after mine was received. The uscis office told me to call for the investigation-so I guess they are the ones making things up?

please keep your comments to yourself if you are just going to be rude!

Thanks Canuck-I just called vsc & spoke to a really nice woman-she agreed that my case should not be taking so long & she put in an inquiry. I know it isn't much but it is better than nothing.

Maybe now I will hear something?

thanks for the links ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Finger crossed for you, Irish !!

You are indeed warranted in your aggitation with regard to time frame. When I first read your post, I didn't know it was for a K1...and yeah, it's overdue !!

Best of Luck !!

-Rose Bruce

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
sometimes i really cant believe the things i read on here.

I don't think that was called for...a little compassion never hurt anyone. Irishgirl is merely concerned about HER case as it is past the regular processing dates of her center. Nobody really knows the entire ins and outs of other peoples' cases, so we really have no basis to be anything but a support to others here. Be nice :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

Thanks Mand & Mrsbruce5

I did indeed call the uscis & they are investigating the case now. I am WAY over processing for vsc so maybe this will speed things up a bit. I do feel for anyone waiting a long time, I realize 65 days may not seem like much to most people, but for Vermont-it is a long time.

I will keep everyone posted-send some good vibes my way :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

GOOD VIBES GOING YOUR WAY>>>>>> :P:P:P

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

(((((((Good Vibes)))))))

...sent your way, IrishGirl !!!

I agree, 65 days is a long time for a K1 in Vermont.

In my case, I did a CR1, and sent it off 1st week in December. And I KNOW that I will be getting just as annoyed as you are in a few weeks time, and the LAST thing I'd wish to hear is someone unsympathetic. As I have said before, all of us here are in this together... That being said, support for each other is imperative.

-Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.