61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
One petition cancell the other. It means your girlfriend petition will cancel the one that was submitted by your mother. By the time that the visa becomes available with your mother petition maybe you would here and all what they do is to cancel it.

Because English is not your mother tongue maybe you didn´t choose the correct words and your post is reflecting other thing and members are mad at you.

Be careful next time your post a comment.

You can have multiple applications running at the same time, it would be a good idea to do so if you can.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Responding to OP's statement that his mother has a green card but lives overseas....

It is very common for some immigrants to look at a green card as sort of an "express" travel visa. I know many people who have green cards but live in their home country and come to the US once a year on vacation to see family "to keep their green card active". These people don't realize what a precious and wonderful thing a green card is and they see it as merely a tool to allow them to travel when otherwise they wouldn't be able to. They have NO intention of taking up true permanent residence in this country and no interest in US politics or supporting our fine country.

Those of us who are going through this long immigration process often don't realize that to many, many people visas and green cards are truly tickets to getting access to the US and they TRULY don't see ANYTHING wrong with it. They have no idea that it is fraud, that it's unethical, that it's just plain wrong. They see all of our visa options as a "buffet" of options and they'll do what they can to fit into these slots. They often think of immigration rules as something to be circumvented and overcome rather than rules that are in place for a reason.

I know someone who was illegal for many years, tried to get a green card by marriage (pure fraud) but the LPR took the money and ran before filing. He then got a green card under amnesty in the 1980's and eventually was naturalized. He is a tax paying, employed, voting, productive citizen now. His mother has a green card but lives in Poland, she comes every year to visit family and keep her green card active. His nephew came here once on a travel visa and overstayed, and got a job using a fake green card and SS card. Recently this man told me that he's getting ready to get married (for real) but his new wife is illegal and has been for a very long time. He had utter confidence that there would be no problems with the AOS. He had NO idea that this could mean deportation for her and a 10 year ban!!! He told me I was being silly, that sort of thing doesn't really happen if you're careful. Again he just sees laws as something that get in your way of getting what you want. (And these are the same people who get denied and then complain loudly that things are unfair.)

We forget sometimes how differently people from other countries interpret the presence of government in their lives.

Madly and wildly in love

Life is best when shared with your soulmate.

Mailed I-129F: March 19, 2008

NOA-1: March 24, 2008

NOA-2: August 5, 2008

Packet 3: August 21, 2008

Medical: September 1, 2008

Returned Packet 3: September 6, 2008

Received Packet 4: September 22, 2008

Interview: October 21, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!

Moved to the US: November 28, 2008

Married!!!: February 20, 2009

Filed for AOS, AP, AED: July 24, 2009

NOA for all three: July 28, 2009

Transferred to CSC: August 20, 2009

Biometrics appt: August 27, 2009

AP letter: September 14, 2009

EAD card: September 18, 2009

AOS approved: September 29, 2009

Green Card Received: October 5, 2009

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

your mom must drop your case or cancel it if u intend to do K1. You cannot have two cases at the same time.

K1

01-21-08 mailed I-129F

05-20-08 Medical

06-10-08 Interview - PASSED :D

06-18-08 Visa in hand

06-26-08 PRISM CFO Seminar

06-27-08 US

07-21-08 Wedding

AOS

09-06-08 Mailed AOS

09-29-08 Biometrics

10-06-08 SSN Card received

11-10-08 State ID

01-02-09 EAD Card received

02-25-09 I-485 approved

03-06-09 Conditional Green Card

ROC

01-20-11 Mailed I-751

01-28-11 NOA1 (1 year extension letter)

01-24-11 Biometrics

06-17-11 I-751 approved

06-22-11 Permanent Residency Card

NATURALIZATION

06-23-12 Mailed N-400

08-06-12 Early Biometrics

10-26-12 Interview (Fresno)

11-08-12 Oath Taking

I-130 MOM

11-13-12 Sent in I-130

11-20-12 NOA1

11-20-12 Check Cashed

Timeline

Yes you can.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
sorry, I am a bid noob in this so I am going to ask a new question

I am not from the USA and if I met a USC girl and start a long distance relationship with her and we two fell in love and decided to marry.

The marrage is a real marrage based on love

Isnt K1 visa designed for things like this?

or is this called fraud?

I am a bid confused cust there is a thread here where I read of a lot of people meeting over the internet and got married

You really need to work on the English to ask this question:

1) If you are already married to the USC, the answer is NO! A K1 is only for a fiance based visa.

2) In the first sentence you say "if I met" and follow that with a statement that the marriage is real. You go from hypothetical to reality in less than a paragraph. it is no wonder people are confused about your question.

3) If what you are actually asking is if you are in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex (it makes a difference!) and are not yet married but feel this would be the next step, then YES, a K1 visa is designed to allow you to travel to the USA and marry within 90 days of your arrival.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are having this much trouble getting an answer to your question, I do not think you are in a position to "do it yourself". I strongly suggest getting the advice and assistance on an immigration attorney. There are a ton of "i's" to dot and "t's" to cross and if you miss one then they can deny you or send you back to square one. It is a long, expensive and complicated process. I would also suggest the USC start investigating this process. I should be easier for her to understand the instructions and requirements.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Love is not required for a K1, or any other visa.

I thought that love is the reason that you want to get married in the first place and therefore apply for a K1 Visa, if not........... what would the reason be for applying

Timeline

I thought that love is the reason that you want to get married in the first place and therefore apply for a K1 Visa, if not........... what would the reason be for applying

Pride and Prejudice etc etc

Loads of reasons.

Loads of reasons.

Sorry I did not know that there was a K1 in a Jane Austen novel

Please enlighten me, of the other legitimate reasons for the k1 other than love, as the only ones I can think of are fraud and green card which are not, I wait to stand corrected

Timeline

Loads of reasons.

Please enlighten me, of the other legitimate reasons for the k1 other than love, as the only ones I can think of are fraud and green card which are not, I wait to stand corrected

You are looking at marriage form a very limited Western persective. The important thing for these purposes is that it is not solely for immigration benefit.

Loads of reasons.

You are looking at marriage form a very limited Western persective. The important thing for these purposes is that it is not solely for immigration benefit.

As you do not know me at all, you can not judge my perspective.

I stand my case that K1 is based on love and wanting to be with your partner, I still await your other reasons for the K1 and not just an attack on my perspective.

I thought that the K1 lead to immigration and that is why we have applied for this visa

Timeline

Loads of reasons.

I stand my case that K1 is based on love and wanting to be with your partner, I still await your other reasons for the K1 and not just an attack on my perspective.

I thought that the K1 lead to immigration and that is why we have applied for this visa

There is no reference to love anywhere in the process.

Loads of reasons.

I know that..........but it is the reason why most people want to get married in the first place or by my western standards

We will just have to disagree on this and not take over the thread. I leave you with this then.

I wonder what would happen at the interview if asked if you loved your fiance and you said no............. but there is no reference made to that in the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Loads of reasons.

You are looking at marriage form a very limited Western perspective. The important thing for these purposes is that it is not solely for immigration benefit.

Maybe the word *LOVE is not directly put in the K1 process however the word BONAFIDE IS MEANING that the relationship is not a fraud that the two people ARE in love and want to be married because of love..NOT because the USA person wants to help someone immigrate for the hell of it

so therefore..yes love is needed for the k1

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Maybe the word *LOVE is not directly put in the K1 process however the word BONAFIDE IS MEANING that the relationship is not a fraud that the two people ARE in love and want to be married because of love..NOT because the USA person wants to help someone immigrate for the hell of it

so therefore..yes love is needed for the k1

love is defined in different ways in different places. many people in the west would be better served with the word "affection". we all know that in the greek there is eros, agape, and phileo - sensual, serving, and brotherly. in other languages different concepts can be translated as "love". in chinese, it is most often "lian", an attachment or longing. it can also be "chun", a vibrant, lustful joy. the former is usually what a wife feels for her husband. the latter, what a husband feels for his mistress. :whistle:

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
This forum is for people who have met the one they love and are trying desparately to be together. so they can be married.

It is not to tell you ways of getting a green card, if you are looking for a girl to marry you to acheive your goals, it is visa fraud and no one here will help you to acheive the K1 route

So what everyone here is saying is all who have met their spouses on the internet and are in different countries, you think your spouse insnt looking to get out of their country??? Are you serious? Why is everyone dogging this guy when 80% of the people who met their "partners" on line in another country, just want a green card also. If not then why not find someone in your own country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.