• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi I am also an October filer and a new comer to Visa Journey. My cousin suggested that I join up as this site helpedher through her processes 2 years ago. I didn't realize how hard the wait was going to be. And the wait has just begun! :o I look forward to hearing from you all through your journey.

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-03 (hardcopy)

Package@NVC: 2009-03-06

Package@NVC: 2009-04-06 in AP, whatever that means at NVC

Package left : 2009-04-09 to Lagos

Interview: 2009-06-25 in Lagos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi I am also an October filer and a new comer to Visa Journey. My cousin suggested that I join up as this site helpedher through her processes 2 years ago. I didn't realize how hard the wait was going to be. And the wait has just begun! :o I look forward to hearing from you all through your journey.

Welcome to VJ, I am a newbie also and the vj family have already been so great and supportive. In the beginning when I first filed the i129 I had no idea that was just the beginning. I guess I was nieve in thinking I just file the papers and poof he would be here, WRONG. :blush: When i started reading about the process and all we have to go through to be with the one we love, it made me sick to my stomach.

I am learning to be patient and this site helps a lot with the preparations needed for the process. So just smile and just think, you are one step closer to being with your loved one. :yes:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to VJ, I am a newbie also and the vj family have already been so great and supportive. In the beginning when I first filed the i129 I had no idea that was just the beginning. I guess I was nieve in thinking I just file the papers and poof he would be here, WRONG. :blush: When i started reading about the process and all we have to go through to be with the one we love, it made me sick to my stomach.

I am learning to be patient and this site helps a lot with the preparations needed for the process. So just smile and just think, you are one step closer to being with your loved one. :yes:

I can soooo relate to the sick feeling. :crying: It really drains you emotionally. I copied your quote about patience Lovesponge, to tape to my office wall. I needed that!

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-03 (hardcopy)

Package@NVC: 2009-03-06

Package@NVC: 2009-04-06 in AP, whatever that means at NVC

Package left : 2009-04-09 to Lagos

Interview: 2009-06-25 in Lagos

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

welcome to the club longdistancelove! the waiting is like never ending but hopefully all our agony will end soon when we all get our NOA2.

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can soooo relate to the sick feeling. :crying: It really drains you emotionally. I copied your quote about patience Lovesponge, to tape to my office wall. I needed that!

Aww thank you, Its helps me get through these long days and nights

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Hopefully you'll be soon Gemmie, I've seen a couple of UK approvals today.

Awesome, good to hear. :)

In the beginning when I first filed the i129 I had no idea that was just the beginning. I guess I was nieve in thinking I just file the papers and poof he would be here, WRONG. blush.gif When i started reading about the process and all we have to go through to be with the one we love, it made me sick to my stomach.

I understand that feeling, we were naive in thinking that it would just mean one of us moving to be with the other, and that would be it.. I had just started a 3 year degree and thought he could simply move to the UK and we could live together! I was so wrong.. I was devastated when I started researching how to be with him.. It was too much to handle after having just moved off to university and I locked myself in my room for about a week, trying to figure out every possible way to do this!

I had to accept that it would be another 3 years before we could be together as a normal couple. I saw months of waiting, hours of paperwork, restrictions everywhere, and marriage being the only way to live together. Now I've had time to accept the options and feel much more relieved that we've finally sent off the application after waiting 2 years to do so.. it was worth it. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Welcome to December, October filers! We're about half way to NOA2. How does it feel to be so far along? I am grateful for the remaining time because we have a lot left to plan, as well our plans have changed some, and I'll likely be going to see her this summer, and the two of us shall return to America together.

Hope everyone is doing well and taking care.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was looking through the medical questionnaire the other day and came to the question 'Have you ever had any mental disorder or depression?'

A couple of years ago I went to the doctors with symptoms of depression so he asked me to complete a questionnaire. After that he told me he thought I had mild depression and referred me to a young persons counsellor for a couple of sessions. Because I wasn't put on medication and not officially diagnosed (I don't think it went on my medical record) should I answer yes to this question?

I was looking through the medical questionnaire the other day and came to the question 'Have you ever had any mental disorder or depression?'

A couple of years ago I went to the doctors with symptoms of depression so he asked me to complete a questionnaire. After that he told me he thought I had mild depression and referred me to a young persons counsellor for a couple of sessions. Because I wasn't put on medication and not officially diagnosed (I don't think it went on my medical record) should I answer yes to this question?

If it cannot be documented via medical record or through prescription, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
Welcome to December, October filers! We're about half way to NOA2. How does it feel to be so far along? I am grateful for the remaining time because we have a lot left to plan, as well our plans have changed some, and I'll likely be going to see her this summer, and the two of us shall return to America together.

Hope everyone is doing well and taking care.

Hi there

That's exactly also my fiance's and my plan, he'll come here in June, stay here for maybe 1 month and I will hopefully have my visa by then and the plan is to go back to USA together :)

I can't wait..

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hello everyone!

I've been quiet for the past few week, but i was lucky to be able to spend 2 weeks with Dex in Albany. It was wonderful....I was starting to figure how we would rearrange his apt when me and the girls move. It was fun!

Welcome to the newcomers and thank you for all the ones who give us words of encouragement! Let the wait continue!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well we are still waiting for our cheque to be cashed and our NOA1. VSC received the petition on 6th Oct.

Seems it is quick for some and not for others.

This is my first post! I filed our petition on October 20th via Priority Mail. It was received on October 23rd, the check was cashed on October 24th, and I received the NOA1 (with an October 23rd receive date) on October 31st...Halloween, my favorite holiday!

Now we're trying to figure out answers to all our questions about the next steps....but we're both being very patient and positive about everything =).

"One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright..."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well we are still waiting for our cheque to be cashed and our NOA1. VSC received the petition on 6th Oct.

Seems it is quick for some and not for others.

This is my first post! I filed our petition on October 20th via Priority Mail. It was received on October 23rd, the check was cashed on October 24th, and I received the NOA1 (with an October 23rd receive date) on October 31st...Halloween, my favorite holiday!

Now we're trying to figure out answers to all our questions about the next steps....but we're both being very patient and positive about everything =).

Hi welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yeah I don't think it'd anything to worry about. I went to the doctors too with PTSD after my mum died and he referred me to a counsellor. I had one session and never went back, and I don't think it went on my record. At least I hope not, because the last thing we need is to be accused of lying. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.