B'sA

Here is a superdificult situation

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am suprised at those who are blaming the lawyer.

Sarcasm don't help alot, you know.

Do you need to see family pictures to get at least a little bit in the seriousness of this situation?

Lal was not being sarcastic.

Yes- this is a very serious situation. Your sister in law's boyfriend committed fraud and admitted to it and is now in removal proceedings.

I can only imagine how heartbreaking this is for your SIL and the child involved but lets face facts- he broke the law and is now being punished for it.

Is your sister in law willing to move to Jamaica?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My sister in law lives with a guy from Jamaica.

He came here 10 years ago to study.

After a while, he made an agreement with a us citizen girl to get married so he can file for adjustment as married to a us citizen.

They got married in 2004, and in 2005 he got his temporary GC.

In 2006 he met my husband's sister and they started living together.

They now have a doughter together, but he never got divorced from that other girl.

Meanwhile, he applied for the citizenship. By preparing him for the interview, his lawyer advised him to tell the whole truth, to admit that the marriage thing wasn't genuine and everything was to get the legal presence in the US. Eventhough, his legal wife is willing to help now, there's nothing to be changed, cause he did tell all the truth.

So, now, obviously he recieved a letter stating that he's now officialy a subject for deportation, and he cannot continue to work or do anything.

My sister in law is desperate. They have a little girl together and he is actiolly a good family-man.

My question is if he divorces that girl within the next 30 days and get married to my sister in law, and they make the paternity test to proove that they have a child together and proove they have been living together for 2 years, can that help, or he's definatelly going to be deported?

Thanks, everybody!

are you freakin crazy for aksin for help here?? all of us here have waited for a long time and spent alot of money to help get our spouces here the LEGAL way. and now you want people here to help advise your in laws how to get out of a mess because he commited FRAUD!! he is the reason its so diffucult for people tring to do it the right way. i say deport him and put a 10 or 20 year ban on him too. if he wants to be with your sister in law and his child im sure it would be pretty easy for them to immagrate to jamacia. its NO ones fault but HIS OWN FAULT that he in that mess...

N400 sent : 2011-11-18

N400 received & check cashed : 2011-11-28

N400 interview letter revcd: 2012-01-23

N400 interview: 2012-02-29

N400 oath: 2012-03-21

Timeline
are you freakin crazy for aksin for help here??

wow!

watch out!

i didn't come here overnight neither!

No you didn't come here overnight and that is why you should understand the severity of this situation. It is people like your SIL's babydaddy that make this process even harder on the rest of us.

Timeline
are you freakin crazy for aksin for help here??

wow!

watch out!

i didn't come here overnight neither!

No you didn't come here overnight and that is why you should understand the severity of this situation. It is people like your SIL's babydaddy that make this process even harder on the rest of us.

I feel for him and your SIL but we all had to go through paperwork and lotsss of money to get where we are today. It makes it difficult for us who want to do things the legal way. I think it was right of him to tell the truth. The truth is the best way!! :) Good luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well i m not gonna be a whiner...

Whatever it is.. he is in that situation....

Honestly i just see the way of getting another lawyer, a competent one, get a serious talk with the first one because obviously he didn't help his client, and see from there.

Other solution if he gets deported (10+ yrs ban)... she can follow in Jamaica

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

well i m not gonna be a whiner...

Whatever it is.. he is in that situation....

Honestly i just see the way of getting another lawyer, a competent one, get a serious talk with the first one because obviously he didn't help his client, and see from there.

Other solution if he gets deported (10+ yrs ban)... she can follow in Jamaica

yep, sounds like it...

thanks you

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, I feel really sorry for them now.

And, while others before my post came across as harsh, they are right on the money.

The lawyer should've never advised him to say what he did. He should've divorced her, applied for the citizenship on his own, and then married the baby mother. He could've easily applied for citizenship on his own.

Now, that he has stated that he committed visa fraud and is undergoing deportation proceedings, there is little that can be done. I honestly don't think even a competant lawyer can get him out of this mess. He admitted it. That was a huge mistake. They will likely give him a lifetime ban.

I think the baby mother needs to take a serious look at what she is contemplating. Jamaica is a hard country for citizens to survive in. It's great to vacation in; but to actually live in is another story entirely. He is going back without having resided there for 10 years and without a job. A LOT of things have changed in 10 years. He will not even recognize where he came from. I went for 5 years and it changed drastically in that time and mostly not for the better. If she is contemplating moving there with him, it is best if he goes back first and establishes a job and a place for them to live before she and the child follow. Even then, things will be extremely difficult for a long time.

I feel for all those involved. I hope they find a way to live with whatever the future holds for them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Is your sister in law willing to move to Jamaica?

She'll have to if she wants to be with him. I hope she's not too used to life in the US, because life is surely a bit different in Jamaica.

This guy deserves EVERYTHING he's getting. He's the reason we have to wait up to a year for a visa and another 6 months for residency.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im not a lawyer, but it sounds like the best senario would be your sister in law either moving there with him, or finding another country with better opportunities and they can both migrate there.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

You guys have no idea.......Jamaica makes it extremely difficult for our SO's to get visas. This sort of scenario really is not helping.

That being said, I think he saw his student visa expiring and was grasping at straws. I'v seen the desperation that comes out of Jamaica and I do understand it. I wish he had just chosen a different way to go about it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

He better hope that he only gets removed, and not indicted by a grand jury for marriage fraud. Could be prision time and then removal......with lifetime ban.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline
He better hope that he only gets removed, and not indicted by a grand jury for marriage fraud. Could be prision time and then removal......with lifetime ban.

Yeah, that is the worst case scenario I was trying not to think about.

To the original poster....another thing off the top of my head. Health care is really scary in Jamaica. She may want to ask around at other's experiences at having babies in Jamaican hospital or at home with midwives before she contemplates that. I have been in JA hospitals and I would not wish that one anyone. There are no private rooms for giving birth. He will not be allowed to go any further then the waiting room where he will hear her screams. They are given little to no pain killers and pretty much left in a big room with other women giving birth till they need help at the pushing stage. There is no privacy. They will take a long time for after birth care. It's frightening. The last person I have heard say this same story was just a few months ago.

Not to actually scare her. I just want her to really think before she makes any rash decisions.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.