~~~water~~~

check in time - who are you, hows it going and just saying hi thread

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im HLM an Egyptian from Cairo married to an American. We just recenlty celebrated our first year of marraige last O8-O8. We r currently waiting for an interview date. I havent seen my husband in 9 months its the longest i ever been away from him and its getting harder n harder to cope with but with faith insha Allah we will get thru.

lyrics.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Its going better now that I have power after 8 days without, thanks to Ike moving north with a vengance.

My husband and I got to SEE eachother today for the first time online in 8 days.. that was ROUGH.

We are still "received and pending" at VSC. I got a letter back from my congressman saying he has inquired with VSC about our case.

thats the short update :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello all,

I post here and there, but more of an 'old schooler' probably. My husband is from Jordan and have been here for about 18 months. Adjustment was rough - lots rough spot - good times! He has been working with the same company since July 07 and is doing really well there. He is now researching schools so he can start college in January. I already have a son and we are not in a rush for more kids right now - so not sure when/if that will happen. Then again, it is what God wills....

Welcome to all the new members.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am Tammy, the US citizen, Married to Ibrahim from Jordan also.. ( Hey Prena!) Ibrahim has been here since October 31 of 07, got his ead in July, AOS interview in May, to which we have heard not one word. Our marriage and adjustment to each other has been HARD to say the very least. Lot's of problems, pitfalls, etc....sure some of you have read my posts before. It's been a bitter adjustment, but we remain together for the present. What tomorrow will bring is up to Allah, in all things, not only our marriage.

Sending out a big HELLO to all the new comers here, never forget that we are all SEPERATE people, what one experiences may be totally different for the next couple. Don't ever give up on your love for each other, no matter how hard or long the road to togetherness may seem.

May Allah Bless each and every one of you!

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Im Melinda my husband is from Egypt .He has been here for 4 months. Hes getting use to being here now! We have also had hard times together its very different than when u go and visit and stay together for a month or more. It takes time to get use to living with each other. Tammy is right not every couple is the same. We also have a son together Amir . I also have 4 other children .

I'm praying we will hear alot more visa's and interview dates!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I am Sherry my husband name is Hesham, he was born in Egypt, but works and lives in Kuwait. Waiting for our interview date, I have been waiting it seems like a long time, we got our first touch at the end of April, and nothing since then. I decided to go back to school while we wait for the visa, so now I am drowning in work.

Oh one cool thing, my daughter's birthday is November 5, married on December 5, my birthday January 5, and Hesham's birthday is February 5. Any one care to guess if that means anything. lol At least it isn't 666.

Peace

work.jpg

workaholic.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

My name is Linda and my husband is Usama. I don't post much, but I am here every day. I come here to feel like I am a part of something....it helps to know that we are not the only ones going through this process.

Usama is in Alexandria, Egypt and I am in Spokane, WA. We are currently working on Packet 3, and praying that he will be home before the end of this year.

I have two boys, ages 16 and 11, and we are all tired of waiting for our family to be complete.

I will talk with anyone, answer any question posed to me (almost), and I am generally available anytime anyone needs a friend to help them through the hard times.

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to make me feel welcome when I stick my head in to say hi, and welcome to all the new folks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

linda&usama - Welcome to the waiting club, it sucks, but there are wonderful women here as you know and to be honest it is addicting here at VJ.

Sherry :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all, I'm the USC from South Carolina. My husband is from Meknes, Morocco. He's been here since April '07, and we've been married for almost 15 months. We had the usual adjustment issues, mostly in the beginning, but we're very happy together with our two cats. We're on opposite shifts now, with him working nights in manufacturing. Happy to refresh my memory and learn some new names with this meet-and-greet. :)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok guess I'll check in even though I'm pretty sure everyone is bored of me by now. :jest:

I'm Jenn from Boston area. Hubby Wadi is originally from Kenitra, Morocco. We met in Genoa, Italy back in 2003. He's been here in the U.S. for almost 3 years now.

Both of our favorite food is lobster. We were meant to be!

Here is a picture of a lobster: lobster.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I am Jackie, the USC and my husband is Ibrahim. We met while he was here on business. He is an auditor. We married in March and he returned to work in Jordan May 23rd. We had 3 months together and it was 3 of the strangest months of my life. I am looking forward to reuniting and building a future with him.

Hopefully he will interview for K3 in November or December. The waiting is hard, lonely and long. I am killing the time by getting the house ready for his return, reading recipes (i think i can i think i can) and making a killer myspace..lol.

Wishing you all a world of hapiness!

Jackie

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sara here :) My husband Adnan is originally from Sefrou, Morocco. We got married the day after he arrived here in November 2004 so we are coming up close to our 4th anniversary - my, how time flies :P The first year or so was full of big adjustments and hurdles but we made it through. We had our daughter in October 2007, so far life is good.....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Hey! I'm Janine. I was on a lot back in 06-07 during my husbands AOS. We met while he was here for his master program so we really only had to file the AOS when we got married. We are now in the process of removing conditions. I am not on here a lot because of work, but I am trying to pop in as often as possible. VJ has made me want to become an immigration lawyer so I can try to make this process better and easier for people to be with their loved ones!

Take care!

Janine

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Ok guess I'll check in even though I'm pretty sure everyone is bored of me by now. :jest:

I'm Jenn from Boston area. Hubby Wadi is originally from Kenitra, Morocco. We met in Genoa, Italy back in 2003. He's been here in the U.S. for almost 3 years now.

Both of our favorite food is lobster. We were meant to be!

Here is a picture of a lobster: lobster.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol::rofl::jest: 2 peas in a pod!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.