~~~water~~~

check in time - who are you, hows it going and just saying hi thread

74 posts in this topic

Things are wonderful with spouse since he got here. Yeah we got those stupid fights about how to work a coffee maker and no you can't put instant coffee in a maker yet I can't express the happiness turning in bed and seeing his eyes waiting for me to wake up. He works with my father currently and just waiting for the visa process to be over (couple of years boooo :wacko:) just got a brand new mazda car for my birthday really excited about that we're never home now! currently enjoying the ramadan time going to my family members houses and our friends. We might get to travel back to our country to visit our families soon after january. I'd say I'm pretty blessed and i hope everyone gets to feel this happy when they're with their spouses again if not already together. God bless!

(L)(F)

Is anyone else going thru this romantic Fall weather???

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello to everyone! We have been on VJ for a couple of weeks now, have been getting to know folks and have learned soo much from soo many! I'm from NY, hubby from Tunisia (he's there now - had awesome conversation with him & all the family tonight! sweetest people I've ever known). We met online (NEVER SAY NEVER!), met in person 4 months afterwards, have been married for 4 months & last saw eachother 4 months ago. Planning on going back in next few months. We're praying this journey moves quickly & painlessly as we r ready to start forever NOW! Nice to meet u all!

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Guys!!

I sorry I am late. LOL I am Shawna and my husband is Ahmed. He is from Alexandria Egypt. He has been in Chicago with me 3 weeks. I must say I am sooo happy to have him here with me. He is adjusting well but doesn't like the fact that he is not working. We will be filing his AOS next week so wish us luck. We will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary in November (taking a trip to NYC) that should be fun.

VJ has been wonderful and I have met some very nice sisters here who have offered encouraging words. I hope that we all stay strong and not allow negative people or comments on VJ to interfere with what our true focus is and that is bringing our loved ones to the U.S. to be with us. Let's uplift each other.

LOVE IS UNIVERSAL!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Mena! I feel like I have been away for years....been so very busy and hectic....Tarek arrived here safe and sound on 8-7 and we were married on Friday!! We are so very happy and are having a large family celebration in October when my brother and his wife arrive from Nicaragua....just wanted to say hi and thank each and every one of you for all y our support throughout this journey!

Melinda:)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband, Hachemi, is from Setif Algeria. He has been here since August 2006 and we just celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on Sept 12. My husband is just as sweet and loving as the day we met. He has a degree in computer science from Algeria, and is attending college full time now. This is his second semester studying Computer Networking. His first semester he made all A's in his courses. I am very proud of him. We bought a house soon after he got here and have been remodeling it a little at a time. Our next project is the kitchen, and we will start after his midterms next month, Inshaallah. He works a part time job at night, so he can go to school and study during the day. I have a 15 year old son at home and 3 cats.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi water and everyone else! I haven't really posted in a while (sick at home today) so I thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone! My husband has been here over a year now and our first wedding anniversary is coming up next month! It has definitely been a crazy road but I do love my Moroccan (haha, remember that one, Noura!?)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi water and everyone else! I haven't really posted in a while (sick at home today) so I thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone! My husband has been here over a year now and our first wedding anniversary is coming up next month! It has definitely been a crazy road but I do love my Moroccan (haha, remember that one, Noura!?)

LOLZ!!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Water!!!!!!!!!! I'm Tasha former screen name T and A. My husband's name is Ayman and he is originally from Minya El Kamh, Sharkia, Egypt. He has been in the states since April 24th. We have a son that will soon be 7 months old named Malek. We are in the process of AOS, had to redo the medical because immigration lost it. Hubster got his EAD a few weeks ago and is still looking for a job. He will take his drivers examination in less than two weeks.

I'm like others, my husband thinks he will die in Ohio winter! LOL!!! He's done some pretty crazy stuff since he's been here. Like vaccuuming up a blanket into a vaccuum cleaner and breaking the handle off of it while it was in mid air but it wasn't his fault. You have to laugh at him but all is well!!! I'm so thankful he is here with myself and Malek we are truely blessed to have our family together finally!!

Best wishes to everybody!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello to everyone. I seem to find less and less time to sign on to VJ, but I do know how great this site is. We will shortly be at the end of our immigration journey, citizenship. I still pray for those going through this process. I have known my husband 5 1/2 years and he arrived here on the K-1 visa in June 2005. We have a wonderful marriage that we work on each day to keep it that way. This process is filled with adjustments of every kind and to love one another and communicate is key, I believe. My husband is still at the same job he began back in the beginning of 06, he has had great pay increases and moved up the ladder quickly. I'm hoping when he has his citizenship, he can work here on base where I do, if he wants. Would be nice to have the same basic hours and holidays. I love my husband very much and thank God that HE brought us together. While things were different at times; I love having him in my life.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline
Im still here, although I dont get to post as often as I used to. Got my hands full w/bebe. Hubster's been here a year and a half and we finally got his SSN about 2 weeks ago. We may never get his stupid green card, but hey, at least he exists now :)

OMG I can't stop laughing at that picture. Thanks Gabi!

Carrie here! Hubby Simo will be here 2 years Nov 6th. Still adjusting daily, slowly but surely. He's got a good job working full-time for the past 1 yr and 8 1/2 months, trying to work his way up. Hopefully will enter management the begining of next year. We have a beautiful son Ayman who is another full-time job himself. (he's running mommy ragged). In the process of making plans to take the wee one to Morocco to meet his other family.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sofyan arrived here in April of 2006...He receieved his ten year last april the day after our baby boy, Zaid was born...Things are fantastic...marriage is more than I ever thought it would be (although we do have our fair share of bumps in the road just like everyone else) we are each others best friends...he and i work full time...he has finally landed a reliable job with benefits and such and hopefuly by next year we will be buying our first house and planning on a second baby...if not sooner ;)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubby arrived here April 2008 from Cairo after a LOOOOOOONG AP period.

He adapted very quickly to the US. Memorable experiences so far:

• Watching the end of American Idol and one contestant was crying hysterically and hubby in all seriousness asked us, "will she be died?". :lol:
  • Finding out he was washing the dishes with my Bath and Bodyworks hand cleanser for a while.
  • Sticker shock at seeing how expensive groceries are here.
  • Watching his bond with my daughters grow closer and closer each and every day. :luv:

So far so good! :yes:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Charles, does your company offer paternity leave when nessa has the baby? just curious cuz i know she will need ya around :)

no idea. i'd imagine it depends quite a bit on our schedule at work. some things just can't be missed.

Here in California one can use state disability insurance for 6 weeks of paternity leave; it pays 55% of base salary, then you can use vacation or sick time to make up the rest. Might want to check MO law.

Personal update: our son is 13 months and doing great, while he isn't walking yet he's doing everything else. Aicha's pregnancy is progressing normally and we're looking forward to our little girl joining our family in December. Aicha's citizenship process is stuck in CSC's slow system, waiting for the interview letter. We've already booked tickets to bring our family to Morocco in April so everyone there can see how Michael has progressed and meet our daughter.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

OH THIS IS SO CUTE

A HOW DO YOU DO AND WHO'S WHO

LOVE IT

I LOVE TO HEAR YOUR STORIES

HEY MELINDA...HAVENT SEE YOU IN A WHILE...I MISS SEEING YOUR BEAUTIFUL WEDDING PIX

WELL I AM LISA

MY HUSBAND IS NOT HERE YET BUT WE WERE MARRIED IN MOROCCO AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 1 1/2 YEARS

I CANT WAIT TO SHARE EVERYTHING WITH HIM WHEN HE COMES...WE ARE ANTICIPATING OUR LIFE TOGETHER WITH SHEER EXCITEMENT

AFTER SADLY FORGOING THE K3 VISA (BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE) WE ARE NOW 4 MONTHS IN AP FOR CR1

WE ARE TRYING DESPERATELY TO HANG ON TO HOPE

THANK GOD FOR ALL OF YOU

THIS KEEPS ME IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS WHO ARE OR HAVE GONE THRU THE SAME THING AND I HOPE

THAT IN TIME WE WILL ATTAIN THE SAME BLISSFUL UNION AS THE REST OF YOU

THANKS FOR HAVING ME

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.