~~~water~~~

check in time - who are you, hows it going and just saying hi thread

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi, my name is Tina and I'm becoming a MENA VJ holic. :D

Ahmed had his interview in Cairo June 22 and we're still waiting for some kind of clearance thing to come from Washington DC. Of course they won't tell us more than that. We're very hopeful he'll get his visa soon and finally be together. Happy to be here with people who actually understand and can relate!!

Hi Tina - Onur had his interview one month after Ahmed and is waiting for security clearance as well. Let's hope we hear some good news soon! It's good to have people to relate to and talk with...it has helped me tremendously! Nice to meet you :)

It has helped me too. I don't feel quite so alone. :) I hope and pray we both/all hear something good soon too. Nice to meet you too.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
My husband has been here abt 20 months now and things are great! We've had a pretty smooth transition w/ very little friction. He's working somewhat in his field and it's going well. He's just gone for his first visit home and will be back in a month. He's also just been thru his first hurricane experience, which was the worst our city has *ever* seen and we had some damage to deal w/ but he's always so calm, cool, & collected that he is my rock!

I am a very, very blessed woman married to an incredible man. :wub::wub: :wub:

That's Awesome! Good for you!!! :thumbs:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know I'm not around much but Ramy's been here 10 months and we just got back from meeting up with my inlaws in Canada...other than that...working hard and trying to get by but money is tight. -sigh-

Divorced. To hell with him.

I know I'm not around much but Ramy's been here 10 months and we just got back from meeting up with my inlaws in Canada...other than that...working hard and trying to get by but money is tight. -sigh-

did you drive or fly to canada? no problems at the border then? we are considering going to niagra falls sometime in the future but i do dread coming back and going through the border even though my husband has his greencard, them officers sure can be #####!!! :bonk: i just dont want to get a hard time coming back home.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm Amal and hubster is from Jordan. He got here in December 2005 and we have definitely had our fair share of ups and downs. We still have them but they are getting better. He survived his first hurricane (IKE) and is ready to get back to work. He is currently working on getting his design/sign business back up and running and that has been ... well, let's just say it's been interesting.

Welcome to the new MENA'ERS and may your journeys be reconciled soon ensha'allah!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Hi i'm Jeanne! Wael is from Alexandria, Egypt. He has been here 9 months and adjusted very well. He works for a military contractor ( obtaining his job only 2 wks after arrival), loves Arizona, loves his car, loves Chinese and American food, loves Fridays coz the weekend is here, and is a master poker player! He still is planning on starting his MBA next year. His love for me and his enthusiasm for life has made our journey smooth.

Good luck to all the new MENA peeps with your journey!

Jeanne :star:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Nice to see you again!!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
(F)Hi Guys. I am Donni and My husband, Mossy and I just celebrated our 1st year Anniversary last night. :D The day before, marked a year that he has been here. He is from Morocco and we are really doing great. I have 2 kids....one being a preteen boy (God help us all) so home is very, interesting to say the least. All and all we are very happy and adjusting well. But remember, we all suffer growing pains ;)

Timeline

We're fast approaching the 3rd anniversary of the husband's arrival (October 3rd :wow: ). Life is not always smooth on the visa road, but alhamdulilah we're doing well.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Well as for me my husband has been here just over 6 months. He has two part time jobs one of which is in his field :dance: . It was quite a bumpy road finding work and adjusting but now that he is working things have been really nice. And to top it off we recieved his greencard today :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am so thankful for mena journey I mean visa journey without the support this process would have been that much harder.

congratulations happy for both of you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salaam Everybody,

Me, too, i haven't been posting much, but i am around... Hubster has been here for two months and we are doing pretty well, alhamdulilah. It is a huge transition and a challenge, but we are keeping stiff upper lips and doing our best.

i'm happy to say that we sent out our AOS application today, so we are back on course, and keeping our fingers crossed for speedy processing!

Thanks, MENA VJ for everything.

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Timeline

My hubby is from Cairo, Egypt. He's been here in the desert 4 months the end of September which also marks the 4 month mark for our twins. He's been to NY, NJ and all over Arizona for now. He has not had the best experience here in our state as its HELLA hot and we recently found scorpions in our home, which he was bitten by so needless to say, he's dying to MOVE and very far from this state! :P

Things are going great. He's a bit frustrated not working yet but he's doing a great job playing Mr. Mom w/ our twins. He truly is a great daddy and hubby! I think everyone has their adjustment times with moving to the US but we have been able to talk thru those times and I thank god for bringing us together! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My hubby is from Cairo, Egypt. He's been here in the desert 4 months the end of September which also marks the 4 month mark for our twins. He's been to NY, NJ and all over Arizona for now. He has not had the best experience here in our state as its HELLA hot and we recently found scorpions in our home, which he was bitten by so needless to say, he's dying to MOVE and very far from this state! :P

Things are going great. He's a bit frustrated not working yet but he's doing a great job playing Mr. Mom w/ our twins. He truly is a great daddy and hubby! I think everyone has their adjustment times with moving to the US but we have been able to talk thru those times and I thank god for bringing us together! (F)

Um, doesn't he come from hot weather and the desert? :devil: j/k!

Can't wait to see the look on my hunny's face when he experiences his first windchill-below-zero day here :devil:

I'm stardragon (I like to wish on stars, and I was born the year of the dragon :D ) I'm fairly new here. :P Our K1 was recently approved and I'm hoping we will know an Interview date within the next couple of weeks or so :dance:

Edited by star_dragon

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I tend to come and go from this site. Been gone for a long bunch of months, but back for a few weeks. Guess I will disappear again when Ramadan ends.

Hubby is from Cairo. Still living there. We'll have been married a year next month. And it's been 10 months since I've seen him. We're trying for a visit soon but still not sure when.

It looks like I will be moving there sometime next year, at least that is the current plan. I am ready at any time, but it will take money to get an apartment and set it up. My honey wants everything perfect for me before I go, so I am trying to be patient. -_-

Wishing everyone still waiting for visas the best of luck and speedy processing times. :star:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I tend to come and go from this site. Been gone for a long bunch of months, but back for a few weeks. Guess I will disappear again when Ramadan ends.

Hubby is from Cairo. Still living there. We'll have been married a year next month. And it's been 10 months since I've seen him. We're trying for a visit soon but still not sure when.

It looks like I will be moving there sometime next year, at least that is the current plan. I am ready at any time, but it will take money to get an apartment and set it up. My honey wants everything perfect for me before I go, so I am trying to be patient. -_-

Wishing everyone still waiting for visas the best of luck and speedy processing times. :star:

Hi Melly! Long time, no see... I think of you often. :)

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.