Timeline

RIP (F)

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
I just learned that our friend and fellow VJ member Diana is gone. It's unclear what happened but according to her german-facebook site, she died on August 28, 2008. It looks like it was suicide.

She mainly posted in the german sub-forum and we are all in shock as we remember her as a happy, grounded, smart, funny and beautiful friend with so many plans and hopes and dreams for her future. She was only 26 years old.

I just can't believe it. :(

Rest in Peace, girl, we will miss you. (F)

Is this true??? IS Deesa her VJ name? I checked it and she was active on that date..please confirm...

Yes, she was online the evening of August 28, 2008. Something must have happened and she took her life. We are just as shocked as everybody else here. diana and her husband were actually house hunting, she was all excited about buying a house, starting a family etc...

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just learned that our friend and fellow VJ member Diana is gone. It's unclear what happened but according to her german-facebook site, she died on August 28, 2008. It looks like it was suicide.

She mainly posted in the german sub-forum and we are all in shock as we remember her as a happy, grounded, smart, funny and beautiful friend with so many plans and hopes and dreams for her future. She was only 26 years old.

Is this true??? IS Deesa her VJ name? I checked it and she was active on that date..please confirm...

Yes, she was online the evening of August 28, 2008. Something must have happened and she took her life. We are just as shocked as everybody else here. diana and her husband were actually house hunting, she was all excited about buying a house, starting a family etc...

Wow :( This is so shocking...

I sure hope that the suicide motive is inaccurate :(

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow :( This is so shocking...

I sure hope that the suicide motive is inaccurate :(

That's what we were hoping too but it unfortunately looks like she did take her own life, for whatever reason. Lot's of her friends who left messages on her site, wrote something like "Why didn't you talk to us", "Why did you do that to yourself" etc...I'm still speechless...

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

yes she was active on that day... posting chicken recipe's and how exited she was about going house-hunting with her hubby later. She just got her diving license.

She was just not the type of girl who you'd expect to do such a thing. She had her future children's names all figured out and she never ever mentioned anything that could suggest that she had problems.

I hope we can get some answers on what has happened so that there will be some kind of closure.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What a shame (F)

I hope that she is at peace now.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I have no words. (F)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

RIP..

Very sad to hear..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
(F) (F) RIP

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26

NVC Received : 2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, whtie slip -asked for marriage index + annotated marriage cert.

Submitted Add'l Documents : 2009-01-08

Approved on 2009-01-12.....visas for printing

Visa Received : 2008-01-19

US Entry : ...........

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

How sad. :crying:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

If it is indeed a suicide I certainly know how her family would be feeling. I lost my father to suicide when I was 10, shortly before my 11th birthday. I can only hope things with her SO and family are fine, not taking it too rough (I contemplated suicide, amongst other things, after my dad died, thinking it was my fault), and hope that she is in a better place.

Edited by SRVT

I'm so sorry to hear this. (F)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]