Kathryn41

List of Books Palin wanted banned

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
We at the City of Wasilla have received many emails and requests for information about “banned or censured” books at the Wasilla Library while former Mayor Palin was in office. We have no records of any books being "banned or censured" ever.

http://www.cityofwasilla.com/Modules/ShowD...?documentid=516

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to ban the book 'Ultramarathon Man' because he makes me look lazy in comparison.

What book would you ban?

I-129F sent to Vermont: Late May 2008

NOA1 received: 17 June 2008

NOA2 received: 2 September 2008

Receive NOA2 about 3 1/2 months after sending

NVC received:

NVC left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 sent: 22 October 2008

Interview date: 18 November 2008

Visa approved: 18 November 2008

Arrive in U.S.: 20 January 2009

Marry Fiance: 26 January 2009

Mailed AOS: 7 February 2009

AOS application received by USCIS: 9 February 2009

NOA for AOS/EAD/AP sent from USCIS: 12 February 2009

Biometrics appointment received: 23 February 2009

Biometrics Appointment: 7 March 2009

Interview for AOS: 28 May 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

James Jouce's Ulysses.. or any pretentious book by him.. ughh or Finnegan's wake

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

hehehe, we are talking about a small town library! The desperation is getting comical. But please carry on. Petty trashing like this does nothing but harden the support for Palin.

It is only petty because......drum roll please....

SHE WAS IN A SMALL TOWN!!!

If she had been in charge of New York city, she would have done the same thing.

The thing that makes her attractive--lack of experience in the real world politics is also the most frightening thing because she has not learned to get along with others. Maybe she should increase funding for pre-k and kindergarten...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hehehe, we are talking about a small town library! The desperation is getting comical. But please carry on. Petty trashing like this does nothing but harden the support for Palin.

The thing that makes her attractive--lack of experience in the real world politics is also the most frightening thing because she has not learned to get along with others. Maybe she should increase funding for pre-k and kindergarten...

Somehow I doubt she would have had the power and/or support to ban or censure the books she wanted in New York City, especially if she couldn't get it done in a small Alaskan town. Half the reason none of this had surfaced until now is because most people -- including the media -- didn't care about or probably even know of Wasilla. If such a stunt had been pulled in NYC (home to most of the major news networks and the New York Times), I'm sure we'd have all heard about it by lunch.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

AHHAHAHAH McCain and Palin are now ahead 50% to 42% over Barry Hussein Ovomit! The truth hurts. AHHAHA :devil:

Here, apparently, is the list of books that Sarah Palin wanted banned, according to the Librarian involved:

http://ishtarterra.vox.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

:thumbs:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

And what is Obama's experience to qualify him for President? Has he really accomplished something being a senator? Has he authored important legislations that improved the lives of Americans? Give us a list of his achievements in office.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Uh, guys - where there is smoke there may be fire, but the alleged librarian incident supposedly took place in 1996. Harry Potter wasn't published until 1997, and not in the US until 1998

And to be fair, these books all appear on the ALA's list of most commonly banned books.

If this is proven then it is unconstitutional, but it's hardly a new or surprising idea to ban or attempt to ban books.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's amazing...this country is actually DEVOLVING.

She is the religous right's wet dream.

I seriously give up...........

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Uh, guys - where there is smoke there may be fire, but the alleged librarian incident supposedly took place in 1996. Harry Potter wasn't published until 1997, and not in the US until 1998

And to be fair, these books all appear on the ALA's list of most commonly banned books.

If this is proven then it is unconstitutional, but it's hardly a new or surprising idea to ban or attempt to ban books.

I know that - this is just an example of the hysteria overwhelming the facts when it comes to Palin. She couldn't have banned books that didn't even exist yet when this incident was supposed to happen.

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I seriously give up...........

Are you moving to Canada? :P

You read my mind. SERIOUSLY

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."