kimlbs

For Everyone Who is Waiting..........

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"...if you really think about it, 6/8/10 months to check people and make sure that you, your kids, and all Americans are safe is just a small sacrifice that you have to take to make sure everyone is kept safe. We sure do not want them to start flying these things through and not checking carefully...Otherwise, we are placing everyone at risk. So....we know how hard it is to wait and to have patience but PLEAZZZ think about how small this time is compared to the bigger picture........

That is the dumbest f*cking thing I have ever read. Oh, wait..was this meant as a joke?

This kind of mile wide but inch deep thinking is exactly why USCIS is so f'ed up. Because the appointed inept flunkies running the place have no accountability to serve the citizens. The citizens are taken in by thier spew that "daddy government" is there to "protect" them! Get a clue and enter reality. Might want to turn off the TV too...

Ask your sister how many 9/11 hijackers were here on fiance visas? Then ask her if she has any clue how easy our borders are to cross? Might want to guide the little woman to a map and let her examine the Canadian border for example.

Those who are willing to give up their freedoms deserve none! Your sister deserves to live in Russia. Or maybe Iran- they have a nice, protective government...

good gawd...

i see a lot of words but no point....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I see that I woke everyone up tonight!!!! Better than coffee.....

Boy......I sure did not mean this to be taken offensive at all....just sharing something that eased my nerves.....so calm down folks.......

WHOAHHHHH NELLIE!!!!!! :help:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I sure did not mean this to be taken offensive at all....just sharing something that eased my nerves

Unfortunately what eases your nerves grates on others'.

People here have very strong opinions about immigration policy and how it should/shouldn't be influenced by 911. Try not to take it personally. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, if thinking that way makes you feel better, more power to you. Personally I'm not comforted at the thought of handing over any more authortity to the US government in the almighty name of 'security'. I could have a fiance visa to the UK in ten days at the most; does this mean that the UK government is less concerned about protecting its citizens? Not hardly.

And keep in mind that the FBI who did such a bang-up job preventing 9/11 is handling the background checks with USCIS. Given that the FBI has trouble finding its own ### with two hands on a good day, I'm not feeling terribly safe.

Edited by elizaxyz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
:no: There isn't a damn excuse in the world for it taking as long as its taking. NONE! It shouldn't take 6 plus months for security checks.

This is absolutely correct! How long does the damn thing take? Even if they worked on 10 cases a day (From start to finish) in one service center, we won't be sitting for 120+ days waiting what the hell is going on. I can understand if we fit the profile of a 'terrorist' but keeping my fiance away from me who is a 23 year old primary school teacher while they perform security checks is absolutely ridiculous while 11 million illegal immigrants from God knows where having all kinds of different intentions are residing in our country right now.

Although I understand what the sister is trying to say but, to be totally honest, she is not in the same position as you, me or everyone on this site. So, she has a completely different perspective on things. Please keep in mind that I am not putting anyone down. All I am saying is that it is all about perspective. Anyone heard a saying...... "One minute is a very relative amount of time and the length of it entirely depends on what site of the bathroom door you are on at 7 in the morning".

Just thought I would bring some humor into all of this misery.

May God help us all!

- Vishrit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The truth is: we have to wait! So if we have something that make us feel better, I think we have to trust it and keep waiting. And never forget that God is always with us on this journey. :luv:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

While I agree that we need individual things to cling to for comfort, and to make this seem easier- I don't buy that for a minute.

I live in NY, and saw with my own eyes what happened here. I don't feel any more secure than I did on Sept. 12th, 2001.

Bottom line is-

Some of these ladies have been waiting for their HUSBANDS for too long... There is NO reason why a "security check" should be take months & months, regardless of the origins of the beneficiary's country. For me, it simply means someone's not doing their job real efficiently and wasting my tax dollars by sitting on their a**.

To the OP-Your heart was in the right place, trying to give some of us comfort, but the bottom line is that I still sleep alone every night.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
While I agree that we need individual things to cling to for comfort, and to make this seem easier- I don't buy that for a minute.

I live in NY, and saw with my own eyes what happened here. I don't feel any more secure than I did on Sept. 12th, 2001.

Bottom line is-

Some of these ladies have been waiting for their HUSBANDS for too long... There is NO reason why a "security check" should be take months & months, regardless of the origins of the beneficiary's country. For me, it simply means someone's not doing their job real efficiently and wasting my tax dollars by sitting on their a**.

To the OP-Your heart was in the right place, trying to give some of us comfort, but the bottom line is that I still sleep alone every night.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

haha this reminds me about the guy who tried to use 2 dollar bills at Best Buy and the police chief who said that after 9/11 everyone is shaken up... hi that was almost 5 years ago. And I agree, if this country wanted to protect us then maybe they would not do certain things that make us the #1 enemy to many terrorists.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I understand what the OP is saying, but until you are actually one of us that has been waiting for months and months for a K-1 because of these damned security checks I don't think a lot of people understand. Many of us going through ME/NA or Asian countries (I know I've probably left a country out so sorry) wait and wait go through security check after security check. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these so called terrorists come from all countries. I'm sure there will be negative comments about this too, but there is no reason why any check should take as long as they do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I agree Sarah...my ex husband still uses it as an excuse to jack his creditors out of $$$.

To Amy :thumbs:

Agree 100%

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree Sarah...my ex husband still uses it as an excuse to jack his creditors out of $$$.

Agree 100%

Posts like the original one in this thread should be a bannable offense on this site.

I thought this was supposed to be an informational and support site, not a site where people came to say 'Shut up and stop whining, the government knows what's best for you.'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Agree 100%

Posts like the original one in this thread should be a bannable offense on this site.

I thought this was supposed to be an informational and support site, not a site where people came to say 'Shut up and stop whining, the government knows what's best for you.'

:lol: Now that is seriously funny ... when all else fails blame 9/11 :lol:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png