kimlbs

For Everyone Who is Waiting..........

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And never forget that God is always with us on this journey. :luv:

How can I not forget it if I don't believe it in the first place? Your "god" gives about as much of a sh!+ about us as the government does. At least the government is real.

oh don't you believe HIM? great! this is not my business. I BELIEVE HIM and i know and repeat: YES, GOD IS HELPING ME IN THIS JOURNEY!

Hey, I never brought God into this..... :no:

Sorry, I just brought God into this because this comforts me. it is "my" opinion.

And yes, your sister is right because she wanted to comfort you and this helps a lot.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well until they start background checking the 12 million illegals, I think it's perfectly fine for us to complain....

I totally agree 100% with this person, but if that makes you feel better!! It certainly didn't make me or my husband feel any better!!! I mean terrorists find they way here legally and there is my sister who is a doctor but because she comes from a country where very few visas are issued, she might not even get to visit me here -- I am just venting out --------- :angry::wacko::crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
:unsure::whistle:

Oh boy now we're getting God into this!! Yipes!

This has really turned out to be awful........OMG....... :(

LOL -- aww, don't worry! I see where you were coming from with your post and I think that if it makes you feel better thinking of the big picture -- a sacrifice on your behalf to help secure the nation -- then I think that's fine and thank you for offering that to everyone else.

I (like so many, it would seem) feel like the government uses 9/11 as a be-all, end-all excuse to do as they please, especially in regard to immigration. It seems to me like months and months of security checks on people trying to immigrate legally won't really help anything when we have millions of people running around illegally that politicians seem REALLY reluctant to do anything about (probably out of fear of losing votes). They're so eager to "crack down on" people trying to do everything the correct way and SO hesitant to take a stance regarding illegal aliens and it's all about votes and popularity and public opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL -- aww, don't worry! I see where you were coming from with your post and I think that if it makes you feel better thinking of the big picture -- a sacrifice on your behalf to help secure the nation -- then I think that's fine and thank you for offering that to everyone else.

I (like so many, it would seem) feel like the government uses 9/11 as a be-all, end-all excuse to do as they please, especially in regard to immigration. It seems to me like months and months of security checks on people trying to immigrate legally won't really help anything when we have millions of people running around illegally that politicians seem REALLY reluctant to do anything about (probably out of fear of losing votes). They're so eager to "crack down on" people trying to do everything the correct way and SO hesitant to take a stance regarding illegal aliens and it's all about votes and popularity and public opinion.

I would have to say that I agree with you on this point!!! Thanks for all the folks who have been really nice and understood my original intentions!!! :whistle::star:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree whole-heartedly with the idea that we need these security checks, and even IMBRA to keep everyone safe.

However, I have to wonder why these checks take our government 6-8 months when it takes the private sector a week to complete the same, or very close to the same checks?? I mean.. c'mon... its a database. This is the computer age. Are they manually rifiling through fiels still??

The other problem I have with the system is the fact that yes, IT IS A BENIFIT. It is not my 'right' to bring an immigrant into this country. But then again, driver's license's and other things people depend on are benifits as well. I hate it when someone tells me this is not my 'right'. Well, as a taxpayer, and a person who gave the service center 170$, I have a RIGHT to demand some service. Otherwise this is just Russia.

Oh, if this were Russia I would just bribe someone at the service center and have this all done within days. And I am being completely serious with this comment.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well said Karen L!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!