rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Got a touch on 1/12. The website now says The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. Does it mean that the case has been transferred from CSC where it was to a local office?

I think so.. at least you got a noticed from them that your case has been transferred to local office. I didn't get any. I checked online and my email but nope and no touches since it was transferred to California and yesterday I got a letter in the mail for my interview appointment on Feb.4.

Good luck!

Vida Taylor

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:clock:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I also have a question, how did you include your name in the bills of your husbands? we tried asking for it via phone call in our phone bill, Comcast, electric but they don't allow it. Told us only one person per bill? Anyone pls enlighten me how will it work?

Thanks a lot!

Vida Taylor

Good question! and sorry I don't have any answer for this. but I'm worried about that too... My husband is the one who pay the bills, so it's only his name of course. The only thing we have in common I think is the lease, I think my name is on it. Because by law the renting agency have to have my name listed. Do you guys renting? or is it bought? If you renting you should ask to have your name on the lease if it's not done yet!

And now that you have your EAD you can open a bank account and create a joint account. It's a good proof too for the interview.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There was a post yesterday about this...My AOS case has the same message like yours from a few days after being transferred to CSC till now, even after I got a touch few days ago. Last month I contacted USCIS to find out if it was still at CSC or at a local office like the message on the website said "...Standard processing at a USCIS office", and I was informed that it is at CSC not my or anyother "local" office. Best to call and find out if this is the case for you. Good Luck.

Got a touch on 1/12. The website now says The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. Does it mean that the case has been transferred from CSC where it was to a local office?

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I also have a question, how did you include your name in the bills of your husbands? we tried asking for it via phone call in our phone bill, Comcast, electric but they don't allow it. Told us only one person per bill? Anyone pls enlighten me how will it work?

Thanks a lot!

Vida Taylor

Good question! and sorry I don't have any answer for this. but I'm worried about that too... My husband is the one who pay the bills, so it's only his name of course. The only thing we have in common I think is the lease, I think my name is on it. Because by law the renting agency have to have my name listed. Do you guys renting? or is it bought? If you renting you should ask to have your name on the lease if it's not done yet!

And now that you have your EAD you can open a bank account and create a joint account. It's a good proof too for the interview.

Good luck!

Am I in trouble with this if they can't really include me in the bills? We are not renting. He already owns it and I dunno if my name can be put on it oor not anymore. Yeah before the end of this month we are planning to open a joint account. We actually tried it before but it didn't work because of no ID in my married name and no record of residence. I am worn out thinking for the upcoming interview.

Thanks a lot!'

Vida Taylor

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Am I in trouble with this if they can't really include me in the bills? We are not renting. He already owns it and I dunno if my name can be put on it oor not anymore. Yeah before the end of this month we are planning to open a joint account. We actually tried it before but it didn't work because of no ID in my married name and no record of residence. I am worn out thinking for the upcoming interview.

Thanks a lot!'

Vida Taylor

Oh, don't worry! The interview is going to be fine! I think the more proof the better and easier it is, but if you only have one proof it's enough! especially one solid proof like a joint bank account! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Soooo... I just revisited our Case Status Online. What it says is this:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. "

So, maybe we have been retransferred from CSC to a local office? Anyone have any idea how to parse this silly jargon? We did get email notification of the app being transferred to CSC, but received no such email on 1/12 or about a further transfer.

Probably you'll all say I should call, eh?

Thoughts?

Also, just a quick thought: any Boston VJ'ers (particularly those of a British persuasion) interested in a still-highly-hypothetical VJ meet-up to drown our USCIS sorrows? I think it might perk me and my particular Brit up.

September 2, 2008 - Mailed AOS and EAD

September 4, 2008 - AOS delivered... waiting.

September 4, 2008 - AOS NOA date!

September 15, 2008 - received Biometrics appointment

September 30, 2008 - Biometrics appointment!

November 3, 2008 - Received EAD!

November 12, 2008 - AOS Case Transferred to CSC

November 19, 2008 - Touched -Transfer Complete

December 28, 2008 - Real Wedding

January 12,2009 - AOS File TOUCHED at CSC

February 13, 2009 - AOS approved without interview!

February 19, 2009 - Welcome letter received

LIFTING CONDITIONS

November 12, 2010 - Mailed I-751 to VSC

November 19, 2010 - NOA 1

December 10, 2010 - Biometrics (He went early!)

April 4, 2010 - RFE - too little documentary evidence (bank statements, etc)

:clock:

I am joining that club

:clock: :clock: :clock:

No EAD, no touches....nothing :blink:

08.09.08 Wedding

09.13.08 AOS package sent

09.16.08 AOS package received

09.18.08 NOA1 for I-485 and 1-765

09.26.08 NOA Biometric appointment

10.03.08 RFE

10.21.08 RFE received, case processing resumed

10.22.08 Biometric taken

01.26.09 I-765 approved (online)

02.05.09 Received EAD card

03.24.09 I-485 Interview. APPROVED :)

04.02.09 Received Green Card.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.

Douglas Adams

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

a FRIEND did this and did nothing.......and he

got his green card just fine.

I wouldn't do anything at this point.

This morning Damon and I did our favorite acivity these days: calling USCIS!!!!

Their website is still locked for me...and of course at the same time I asked them to check on my status. Nothing new on my EAD, but she told us that our AOS had been recently sent to my local office! youhooou! I hope they will start working on my application soon!

Maybe that's why everybody 's been touched yesterday, they sent all our applications to local offices! ;)

P.S. Am I the last one still waiting for EAD approval or what?! :huh:

No you are not the last one, I am still waiting :clock:

And I learned that I wrote the wrong codes on my 765 application. :wacko:

Yeaaah! We are the biggest loser of the year! lol

What code are you talking about? C(9)?

Did you put a service request? did you hear anything from them since it's been more than 90 days? Did you get a letter or sth?

Yes the C(9) code, don't know where my head was, but I put down a(6) :blink:

I put in a service request after 90 days when they received my AOS package.

Which all that happens then it seems, is they give you a long number....

Then I had an infopass appointment in the end of December.

All he told me, was that I had to wait 90 days from when the USCIS received my RFE.

And next week will be 90 days from that.

And he also said I had filled in the wrong code....so I am worried.

Can we believe that the USCIS are able so figure out which code I should have put and correct it ( I am worried that might be to much to ask :wacko: ), or will they send me another RFE??? :bonk:

Thanks AlHayatZween, really appreciate it. :star:

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!!

So I need to bring a recent paystub?

What else did you guys bring for evidence?

Just so happy for you guys!

We are next on the 26th!

Well we went to Pittsburgh today for AOS interview and all went well the woman was very nice and pleasant and said we were getting the green card almost before we got to say anything. Only wanted the most recent pay stub and copy of lease on the house asked a question of Marivic's middle name and that was it. She said it should arrive here in about 3 to 7 days from tomorrow.

SO THIS PART IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has her green card :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

If you love me, then I have everything I need

I hope there will be no problem.

But did your friend get the EAD before the GC?

a FRIEND did this and did nothing.......and he

got his green card just fine.

I wouldn't do anything at this point.

This morning Damon and I did our favorite acivity these days: calling USCIS!!!!

Their website is still locked for me...and of course at the same time I asked them to check on my status. Nothing new on my EAD, but she told us that our AOS had been recently sent to my local office! youhooou! I hope they will start working on my application soon!

Maybe that's why everybody 's been touched yesterday, they sent all our applications to local offices! ;)

P.S. Am I the last one still waiting for EAD approval or what?! :huh:

No you are not the last one, I am still waiting :clock:

And I learned that I wrote the wrong codes on my 765 application. :wacko:

Yeaaah! We are the biggest loser of the year! lol

What code are you talking about? C(9)?

Did you put a service request? did you hear anything from them since it's been more than 90 days? Did you get a letter or sth?

Yes the C(9) code, don't know where my head was, but I put down a(6) :blink:

I put in a service request after 90 days when they received my AOS package.

Which all that happens then it seems, is they give you a long number....

Then I had an infopass appointment in the end of December.

All he told me, was that I had to wait 90 days from when the USCIS received my RFE.

And next week will be 90 days from that.

And he also said I had filled in the wrong code....so I am worried.

Can we believe that the USCIS are able so figure out which code I should have put and correct it ( I am worried that might be to much to ask :wacko: ), or will they send me another RFE??? :bonk:

Thanks AlHayatZween, really appreciate it. :star:

08.09.08 Wedding

09.13.08 AOS package sent

09.16.08 AOS package received

09.18.08 NOA1 for I-485 and 1-765

09.26.08 NOA Biometric appointment

10.03.08 RFE

10.21.08 RFE received, case processing resumed

10.22.08 Biometric taken

01.26.09 I-765 approved (online)

02.05.09 Received EAD card

03.24.09 I-485 Interview. APPROVED :)

04.02.09 Received Green Card.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.

Douglas Adams

Timeline

You can see my previous posts regarding this, but as far as I know from talking to a rep about our case with the same message as yours on AOS, I was told that our case was still at CSC not at any local USCIS office contrary to what it says on the website "....standard processing at a USCIS office". We have had this message on our online case status since October and didn't change even after our last touch. You should call and inquire regarding yours.

When we first got transferred to CSC we had the following message online:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

A few days after being transferred, the message changed to the following (same as what you listed) and has not changed :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Soooo... I just revisited our Case Status Online. What it says is this:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. "

So, maybe we have been retransferred from CSC to a local office? Anyone have any idea how to parse this silly jargon? We did get email notification of the app being transferred to CSC, but received no such email on 1/12 or about a further transfer.

Probably you'll all say I should call, eh?

Thoughts?

Also, just a quick thought: any Boston VJ'ers (particularly those of a British persuasion) interested in a still-highly-hypothetical VJ meet-up to drown our USCIS sorrows? I think it might perk me and my particular Brit up.

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

My take on the statement--

My touches/updates told me the case was being transferred. Then two days later told me the above statement. I think the jargon means it was received by CSC and now is pending at CSC, ie the office to which it was transferred. It's a generic statement and I don't think they take the time to personalize your case.

If you were transferred to CSC you got an I797C form in snail mail (looks just like the NOA1 receipt) and it says

This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:

-- California Service Center, 2nd Floor, 24000 Avilla Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

They call that an office.

Question for Bluekiss: Did you get the snail mail transfer notice saying it went to CSC like described above? Then you got an interview notice?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Right, I agree with you 'Nich-Nick'...When the status says "pending at the office", in the context below, it means CSC.

My touches/updates told me the case was being transferred. Then two days later told me the above statement. I think the jargon means it was received by CSC and now is pending at CSC, ie the office to which it was transferred. It's a generic statement and I don't think they take the time to personalize your case.

If you were transferred to CSC you got an I797C form in snail mail (looks just like the NOA1 receipt) and it says

This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:

-- California Service Center, 2nd Floor, 24000 Avilla Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

Question for Bluekiss: Did you get the snail mail transfer notice saying it went to CSC like described above? Then you got an interview notice?

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yip, this is exactly the same as what happened with me too.

Wish something more would happen but am (slowly) learning to be patient. :star:

Right, I agree with you 'Nich-Nick'...When the status says "pending at the office", in the context below, it means CSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.