rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

I'm not sure. After I received my EAD, I went to the SS office and re-applied. The very helpful woman took my old SSN, a copy of my EAD, and gave me a receipt that I would receive my new SSN within 6 to 8 weeks. The receipt, she told me, could also be used as proof of a SSN if needed when applying for work.

:huh:

If I am correct, you don't need to do anything with SSN after receiving EAD, it's only after receiving GC you need to go in to remove the "restriction" wordings on the SS card.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my social security number. I was under the impression that once we receive our EAD we had to go into SSA and have something changed with our SSN, is this true?

I was told the other day at the infopass appointment I had to do this so I've been down to SS this morning and I was turned away because there was supposedly nothing that needs doing.

Who is right here? I'm very confused and annoyed and I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to call USCIS again and ask them for help.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Kiwi

Thanks vb_vj

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I'm not sure. After I received my EAD, I went to the SS office and re-applied. The very helpful woman took my old SSN, a copy of my EAD, and gave me a receipt that I would receive my new SSN within 6 to 8 weeks. The receipt, she told me, could also be used as proof of a SSN if needed when applying for work.

:huh:

If I am correct, you don't need to do anything with SSN after receiving EAD, it's only after receiving GC you need to go in to remove the "restriction" wordings on the SS card.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my social security number. I was under the impression that once we receive our EAD we had to go into SSA and have something changed with our SSN, is this true?

I was told the other day at the infopass appointment I had to do this so I've been down to SS this morning and I was turned away because there was supposedly nothing that needs doing.

Who is right here? I'm very confused and annoyed and I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to call USCIS again and ask them for help.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Kiwi

Thanks vb_vj

Hey BH,

Can you tell me why you went and did this? Did someone tell you to do it, or did you read it somewhere? Did you get the card within 6-8 weeks?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Lucie...was your AOS transferred to CSC? I'm just trying to figure out if those who got transferred to CSC and got a touch yesterday (after no touches for a loong time) are having their case sent to their local offices for interviews? I thought that there was a good chance that if your case is transferred to CSC, you will not have an interview, but CSC makes that determination, not local offices.

Nop! my case was at NBC still.

Timeline
This morning Damon and I did our favorite acivity these days: calling USCIS!!!!

Their website is still locked for me...and of course at the same time I asked them to check on my status. Nothing new on my EAD, but she told us that our AOS had been recently sent to my local office! youhooou! I hope they will start working on my application soon!

Maybe that's why everybody 's been touched yesterday, they sent all our applications to local offices! ;)

P.S. Am I the last one still waiting for EAD approval or what?! :huh:

No you are not the last one, I am still waiting :clock:

And I learned that I wrote the wrong codes on my 765 application. :wacko:

Yeaaah! We are the biggest loser of the year! lol

What code are you talking about? C(9)?

Did you put a service request? did you hear anything from them since it's been more than 90 days? Did you get a letter or sth?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lucie...was your AOS transferred to CSC? I'm just trying to figure out if those who got transferred to CSC and got a touch yesterday (after no touches for a loong time) are having their case sent to their local offices for interviews? I thought that there was a good chance that if your case is transferred to CSC, you will not have an interview, but CSC makes that determination, not local offices.

Hi jb_vj,

We were transfered to CSC a long time ago in October. No touches since, and then suddenly these last two days we received an e-mail and touched two times, saying our case is still pending...

i don't know, errant touches make me nervous.... :unsure:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

Yes, this is my understanding as well...

love0038.gif

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
AOS Touched 01/12/2009

same message...case still pending...

Do something uscis or give me an interview so il get it over with.

Cant wait to be done with uscis for two bliss filled years!

All this waiting is making me old!

And no job yet almost tired of applying even though i just started arrrgh!

hi beautiful_years,

when i was reading your message i really cant avoid but laugh hehehe , you are right the waiting makes us old hehe hahahah....with all the sleepless nights and the anxiety hayyyyyy USCIS give us a rest now!

But we are almost there...congratulations for the Touch on your AOS

God bless to you and to all of us here!

Timeline

Hang in there LucieandDamon and Enhjørningen, we are praying for you and thinking happy thoughts!

(F)(F)(F)

love0038.gif

Their website is still locked for me...and of course at the same time I asked them to check on my status. Nothing new on my EAD, but she told us that our AOS had been recently sent to my local office! youhooou! I hope they will start working on my application soon!

Maybe that's why everybody 's been touched yesterday, they sent all our applications to local offices! ;)

Did you put a service request? did you hear anything from them since it's been more than 90 days? Did you get a letter or sth?

Yes the C(9) code, don't know where my head was, but I put down a(6) :blink:

I put in a service request after 90 days when they received my AOS package.

Which all that happens then it seems, is they give you a long number....

Then I had an infopass appointment in the end of December.

All he told me, was that I had to wait 90 days from when the USCIS received my RFE.

And next week will be 90 days from that.

And he also said I had filled in the wrong code....so I am worried.

Can we believe that the USCIS are able so figure out which code I should have put and correct it ( I am worried that might be to much to ask :wacko: ), or will they send me another RFE??? :bonk:

Thanks AlHayatZween, really appreciate it. :star:

Edited by Enhjørningen

08.09.08 Wedding

09.13.08 AOS package sent

09.16.08 AOS package received

09.18.08 NOA1 for I-485 and 1-765

09.26.08 NOA Biometric appointment

10.03.08 RFE

10.21.08 RFE received, case processing resumed

10.22.08 Biometric taken

01.26.09 I-765 approved (online)

02.05.09 Received EAD card

03.24.09 I-485 Interview. APPROVED :)

04.02.09 Received Green Card.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.

Douglas Adams

Timeline

Yes the C(9) code, don't know where my head was, but I put down a(6) :blink:

I put in a service request after 90 days when they received my AOS package.

Which all that happens then it seems, is they give you a long number....

Then I had an infopass appointment in the end of December.

All he told me, was that I had to wait 90 days from when the USCIS received my RFE.

And next week will be 90 days from that.

And he also said I had filled in the wrong code....so I am worried.

Can we believe that the USCIS are able so figure out which code I should have put and correct it ( I am worried that might be to much to ask :wacko: ), or will they send me another RFE??? :bonk:

Thanks AlHayatZween, really appreciate it. :star:

I'm so sorry. It sucks that they still didn't send any RFE! and just for a stupid code! maybe you should contact an ombudsman now!

On my side I don't know what s wrong with my case, I can't take an infopass. they keep saying that there s no appointment available for now!! <_<

I'm going to pray for your EAD!! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I also got a touch yesterday, my status didn't change though. It's really nice to know someone is working on the csc cases.

good luck everyone!

K-1 Process:

I-129F Sent : 2007-10-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-11

Visa Received : 2008-06-13

US Entry : 2008-06-16

applied for SSN: 2008-07-02

SSN arrived: 2008-07-21

Marriage : 2008-08-16

AOS/EAD/AP:

Mailed AOS pkg: 2008-09-06

pkg arrived: 2008-09-08

NOA1 issue date: 2008-09-11

received NOA1's: 2008-09-15

Biometrics letter: 2008-09-18

RFE email from CRIS: 2008-09-26

Bio appt in St.Paul: 2008-10-01

Received RFE: 2008-10-01 - for w-2s and joint sponsor Birth Cert.

Mailed RFE: 2008-10-18

Case resumed: 2008-10-22

Transferred to CSC: 2008-11-03

I-485 touches: 2008-11-04, 2009-01-12

EAD approved: 2008-11-18

AP approved: 2008-11-19

EAD, AP arrived: 2008-11-28

I-485 approved: 2009-02-12

GreenCard Recieved: 2009-02-20

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well we went to Pittsburgh today for AOS interview and all went well the woman was very nice and pleasant and said we were getting the green card almost before we got to say anything. Only wanted the most recent pay stub and copy of lease on the house asked a question of Marivic's middle name and that was it. She said it should arrive here in about 3 to 7 days from tomorrow.

SO THIS PART IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has her green card :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Meet .......6-15-06

Married in Quezon City....3-02-07

I-130

04-18-07....I-130

05-03-07....NOA1

05-07-07....Transfered to CSC

10-19-07....I130 APPROVED !!!!

10-26-07....Received NOA2 in mail

------------------

I-129F

05-08-07....Filed I129F

05-16-07....NOA1

05-21-07....Touched

06-05-07....Transfered to CSC

06-11-07....Notice of Transfer to CSC, received in mail

06-16-07....Email notice case is in CSC office and pending

06-18-07....Touched

06-19-07....Touched

10-19-07....I129F APPROVED !!!!

10-26-07....Received NOA2 in mail

11-08-07....NVC Received papers, MNL.......... number given to me!!!!

11-16-07....Received letter from NVC with case number

11-13-07....Sent to Manila

12-26-07....St.Lukes medical

01-07-08....Interview at Embassey !!!!!!!!!!!

01-18-08....Visa in hand !!!!!

02-19-08....Fly to Pennsylvannia

02-20-08....Arrived in Erie at last!!!!!

AOS

09-19-08....Packet sent by USPS

09-22-08....Packet accepted in Chicago per track -n- confirm

09-25-08....NOA for I-485

10-06-08....Biometrics on 10-17-08 Cleveland Oh.

01-13-09....I-485 interview in Pittsburgh

01-13-09....Interview done APPROVED!!!!!!!!

01-29-09....GREEN CARD IS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

03-07-09....SSN is finally here

AOS touched again today (2 days in a row) at CSC....

Status still the same, received and pending.

Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those with approvals and green cards!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.