BeHappy

Filing out I 751 for child

23 posts in this topic

My daugher is a K2 and she achieved permanent resident status more than 90 days after the my K1 ( she fallow me in USA after 1 year) , so she will file her own I-751. I would apreciate if somebody can help me to undestand how she should file out "Part 4 Information about the spouse or parent through whom you gain your conditional residence"

The parent through whom she gained her conditional residence is my husband , the US citizen and her step father or me K1 visa and her mother? Which name should be there mine or her step father, the US citizen?

Also at "Part 6" the only signature should be there is my daugher's signature, is that right?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Have a nice day!

I LOVE YOU WAYNE DARLIN' !

hello there,

I will be filing my I-751 this September. I will be filing for my son too, but I will include him in my application. Like you I was on K1 and my son on K2. I will be the one applying for the lifting of conditions.

as per instruction on filing:

Conditional Resident Children

In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

On Part 4:

Put the name of your spouse

On part 5:

list the name of your child, include his Alien Registration Number

On part 6:

your signature and your spouse

I hope this would help. Good luck!

Mailed I-751 - January 12, 2009
NOA - January 14, 2009
Biometric for me and my son- February 21, 2009
2nd biometric for me - March 14, 2009
Green Card Approval for son - April 28, 2009

Mailed N400 - June 14, 2010
USCIS Receipt Date - June 16, 2010
USCIS NOA date - June 24, 2010
Received I-797C NOA in the mail - June 28, 2010
USCIS Email for RFE/ Biometrics sched- July 16
Biometrics - August 12, 2010
RFE Yellow Paper on IRS letter document - August 23
USCIS email on testing and interview - September 4
Received letter in mail for test and interview I-797C - September 7, 2010
Schedule of test and interview - October 12, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hello there,

I will be filing my I-751 this September. I will be filing for my son too, but I will include him in my application. Like you I was on K1 and my son on K2. I will be the one applying for the lifting of conditions.

as per instruction on filing:

Conditional Resident Children

In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

On Part 4:

Put the name of your spouse

On part 5:

list the name of your child, include his Alien Registration Number

On part 6:

your signature and your spouse

I hope this would help. Good luck!

that only works if the permanent residency of the parent and the child expire within 90 days of each other....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I believe the process is still the same even if the child followed more than 90 days later. The child received their K-2 as a result of the parent's K-1. That relationship didn't change, so it should be the same this time. It will still likely be a matter of the step-parent providing financial support.

Timeline
I believe the process is still the same even if the child followed more than 90 days later. The child received their K-2 as a result of the parent's K-1. That relationship didn't change, so it should be the same this time. It will still likely be a matter of the step-parent providing financial support.

I am pretty sure I have seen people on here who got their petition sent back and told to send a separate petition for the child...

here is one example...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141725

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Sorry, I meant to say that the child still needs to petition on their own, but the reason (i.e. who made this possible) is still the parent with their K-1 application. The child did not come on their own, but rather as a K-2 visa recipient. The K-2 is issued only as a result of a K-1 visa.

Thank you all for trying to help but I would like to be sure how I must file the separate I 751 for form my daughter. I can not aford to send the file wrong in September because she will travel in Romania in December and she will be back in January when the conditional card is expired. She is filing separate because :

1. She is almost 22 years old;

2 She applied and received her conditional green card 1 year later than me.

Is there somebody who did this before and can answer my questions from my first post?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I meant to say that the child still needs to petition on their own, but the reason (i.e. who made this possible) is still the parent with their K-1 application. The child did not come on their own, but rather as a K-2 visa recipient. The K-2 is issued only as a result of a K-1 visa.

Hello again,

try calling the USCIS toll free customer service

To order USCIS forms, call our toll-free number at 1-800-870-3676.

You can also get USCIS forms and information on immigration laws, regulations, and procedures by telephoning our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283

Mailed I-751 - January 12, 2009
NOA - January 14, 2009
Biometric for me and my son- February 21, 2009
2nd biometric for me - March 14, 2009
Green Card Approval for son - April 28, 2009

Mailed N400 - June 14, 2010
USCIS Receipt Date - June 16, 2010
USCIS NOA date - June 24, 2010
Received I-797C NOA in the mail - June 28, 2010
USCIS Email for RFE/ Biometrics sched- July 16
Biometrics - August 12, 2010
RFE Yellow Paper on IRS letter document - August 23
USCIS email on testing and interview - September 4
Received letter in mail for test and interview I-797C - September 7, 2010
Schedule of test and interview - October 12, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Surely there is somebody on here that has done this. I would not think it would be uncommon.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Timeline

I think this explains it...^^

I am pretty sure you would put your name on the form..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think this explains it...^^

I am pretty sure you would put your name on the form..

We are also in a position that I can't be wrong. My wife already filed her I-751, her daughter came over 90 days later. So that we are clear, we fill out this form like my wife originally applied for her I-751? My wife's name is in the Part 1 and Part 2 b is checked? Additional information is my wife's information again, and my (sponsor) information is part 4. Daughter's information is in Part 5. Both my wife and I sign part 6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

K1 sent to VSC 17 Feb. 2005

NOA1 received 23 Feb. 2005

NOA2 received 17 Mar. 2005

Case received by NVC 21 Mar. 2005

Learned NVC sent documents to Moscow (via telephone) 14 Apr. 2005

Email from US Embassy in Moscow on 25 April 2005 informing us that interview date was set for 1 August 2005

Packet 3 Received 5 May 2005

K1 Interview Successfully completed 1 August 2005 !

Arrival into JFK on 7 August 2005

Applied for Social Security Number 9 August 2005

Social Security Card Received in mail 27 August 2005

Wedding day on 16 September

AOS/EAD/AP package sent to USCIS on 6 October. SS card name changed request.

NOA received 17 October, also recieved SS card with married name

Biometrics appointment 22 November. Also recieved Driving Permit the same day.

Okay, I just called the idiot help line. After about 10 minutes of menus, I was finally able to speak to someone. Cutting through all the garbage, the form I-751 is the application to file for children that arrived more than 90 days after the parent and have their own green card.

Basically, if more than 90 days pass after the parent arrived and the child has their own green card, you will file a separate I-751 and pay all the same fees. That means pay $465 for the form and $80 for biometrics. The total is $545.00.

"My wife's name is in the Part 1 and Part 2 b is checked? Additional information is my wife's information again, and my (sponsor) information is part 4. Daughter's information is in Part 5. Both my wife and I sign part 6."

I think almost all that you said here is wrong...

Part 1 is the daughter name ( she is the one who need conditional removed)

Part 2 . Yes, need to be checked 2 b and have a separate document where you will exapain why the dauther is filing a separate I 751 petition.

Part 3 is again the daugher

Part 4 is you the sponsor means the US citizen ( I AM NOT SURE HERE THAT IS WHY I NEED MYSELF AN ADVICE)

Part 5 is the daughter who just file N/A if she doesn't have her own children.

Part 6 is just your daughter signature if she is able to sign.

Part 7 Must filled out only if the daugher is just a little girl who can not file by her self this form and will be you or your wife.

I am still hopping there is somebody here who can tell us if this is corect or not. I really aprecite if someone can help us!

Thank you.

Edited by BeHappy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Unfortunately you are not going to find too many K-2 experiences on this board (believe me I have looked!) and even less that have had a case similar to your daughter's where she had to file the I-751 separately.

That said, we were in the exact same position (except my step-daughter is younger-17 right now) and we listed her mother (K-1) as the person "through whom she gained her conditional residence" on the application. The application is in no way set-up to handle the K-2 filing separately (with the exception of the first box where you can check "I am a child filing separately from my parent because of the 90 day rule") and it is indeed very confusing for K-2 applicants.

Anyway, I can't guarantee this is the correct way as technically my step-daughter became a resident through both my wife and myself...but listing her mother just seemed to make more sense.

We haven't received any RFE's and she has completed her biometrics so now we are just waiting for the approval.

Be sure to also include a separate page/letter stating why she has to file separately from you; just state that she came a year later and was not approved for residency within 90 days of you.

Good Luck!

Dave

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just to clarify, our daughter is only nine years old. Thanks for your help, BeHappy and Dave. I think that we will follow your advise Dave as you have successfully navigated through this situation. I hope someone else will post to add their experience.

K1 sent to VSC 17 Feb. 2005

NOA1 received 23 Feb. 2005

NOA2 received 17 Mar. 2005

Case received by NVC 21 Mar. 2005

Learned NVC sent documents to Moscow (via telephone) 14 Apr. 2005

Email from US Embassy in Moscow on 25 April 2005 informing us that interview date was set for 1 August 2005

Packet 3 Received 5 May 2005

K1 Interview Successfully completed 1 August 2005 !

Arrival into JFK on 7 August 2005

Applied for Social Security Number 9 August 2005

Social Security Card Received in mail 27 August 2005

Wedding day on 16 September

AOS/EAD/AP package sent to USCIS on 6 October. SS card name changed request.

NOA received 17 October, also recieved SS card with married name

Biometrics appointment 22 November. Also recieved Driving Permit the same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.