jolies

i 129f and getting maried overseas

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

hello guy as some of you know my fiance filedthe i 129f 9 month ago and now she is comming over so we can get maried what will happen next after we get maried and would be much easier now can we go and file the 130f at the embassy thxx

You need to look at the AOS process for afterwards but you have a long time until then. You don't mean that she's coming over *now* to get married, do you? Because that would defeat the purpose of applying for a K1.

Timeline
You need to look at the AOS process for afterwards but you have a long time until then. You don't mean that she's coming over *now* to get married, do you? Because that would defeat the purpose of applying for a K1.

hello thx for your reply .yes she is comming in enxt tow month so we can get maried cos the i 129f requeire to have meeet in the passed 2 years we did not and tell me please can we go to the us embassy after we get maried in my contry that would be easy pleaseee tell what the best things to do i tellu again the sittuation .. she filed the i 129f 9 month ago now we decide she have to come over here in algeria so we get maried then we migth go to the embassy to file anything we can file .tell me pleaseeeeee thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well there will be no diffrence in case check with consulate and see if they have DCF(direct consulate filling) if they do have it ,you need to find out what needs for that not all consulate has got this option so ..the other way if you married in your cuntry and she goes back to USA and apply for I-130 is same as I-129F it takes same time to get approved all kind process just like I-129F..

I hope this will help you get idea for you little bit ..

Timeline
well there will be no diffrence in case check with consulate and see if they have DCF(direct consulate filling) if they do have it ,you need to find out what needs for that not all consulate has got this option so ..the other way if you married in your cuntry and she goes back to USA and apply for I-130 is same as I-129F it takes same time to get approved all kind process just like I-129F..

I hope this will help you get idea for you little bit ..

thank you please tell me is that i better idea she come to me so we can get maried does it make the things easy thnak you

Timeline

well I just checked on usa embassy in your country and if you married in your country you have to live there at least 6 months to apply to consulate for a visa so if she can live there at least for 6 months after marriage I would go head do this bc it is easy to get visa this way bc you do not need to send any documents to usa to get approved so you have to talk each other and decide what you wanna do after married in your country

Timeline
well I just checked on usa embassy in your country and if you married in your country you have to live there at least 6 months to apply to consulate for a visa so if she can live there at least for 6 months after marriage I would go head do this bc it is easy to get visa this way bc you do not need to send any documents to usa to get approved so you have to talk each other and decide what you wanna do after married in your country

oh man lol thank you brother please explain to me after we get maried in my contry what will happen what do we need to do after that from after we get maried thank you soo much you cleanrin my mind thank youi fella lot better whit all the informaztion you gave me thx what do we need after we get maried what is the process

Timeline

http://algiers.usembassy.gov/family_based.html

ok u can check for more info but as I said that you have to live in your country with her at least 6 months to apply for a visa to consulate and it is way faster but still it can be longer if they do wanna check on you more when you apply

I'm a bit confused here..

You want to marry now and file again but now the direct consular filing even though the initial petition was filed 9 months ago? I don't know but why would anyone want to wait another long time before the visa is handed out? And are you sure the K1 was ever submitted? The timeline doesn't show anything of a NOA1 or something else :S also, is the K1 petition denied? If so, are you sure that marrying in your country and filing then will make you eligible to get the visa? They might deny it again..

About having met in the last two years, in some situations this is not mandatory according to the petition, so there are ways to avoid that rule but.. I don't get it really (and that might be a difference in culture) but why does anyone wants to marry someone that he or she didn't see in at least the last two years? Sounds weird to me :S

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To travel to Algeria your girl friend needs a visa. The maximum time the visa is good for is 90 days ( 3 months ) so there is no way for her to stay there legally to do a direct consular filing on a visitors visa. She can travel and you can marry. She must leave before her visa expires and that would be before she has been there long enough to qualify for a direct consular filing. Assuming that your K1 was denied for not meeting in the last 2 years her trip and your marriage fixes that. Now she will have to file a CR1 visa ( and a k3 if she wants) once she is back in the US

Good luck

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You say that you have not met the requirement of meeting within the past 2 years. Have you received a letter from USCIS denying your petition? If not, before your fiancee files a new petition she needs to write a letter to USCIS withdrawing the I-129F that you filed in November.

Once you get married you can file a CR1 or K3. Take a look at the guides to see what is involved in that.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

hello guy as some of you know my fiance filedthe i 129f 9 month ago and now she is comming over so we can get maried what will happen next after we get maried and would be much easier now can we go and file the 130f at the embassy thxx

If you get married outside of the US and DCF isn't a possibility (sounds like it won't be for you guys) you will have to file for either a I-130 or a CR1 visa. Both take longer than the I-129f to be approved, so she will probably end up coming over there to marry you, then coming back to the US. You are so far along the I-129F process, it might make more sense for her to come over, visit, then come back and send additional proof to USCIS that you have met in person. Was the petition denied? Did you guys receive an RFE?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

also confused you filed the k1 knowing u havent met? now she is coming there to marry ? first i would think you need slow down a little. If she comes there now to satisfy the meeting requirement i still cant see the first k1 going thru without those requirements to start with...now it is not normally good to marry on first meetings..still many things need to be learned and shared between the two of you and embassies dont really consider this good to marry at first meetings....if you marry and file cr1/k3 your probably looking at a years wait (have u gotten anything on the k1 about not meeting yet) i cant see this going thru this long without stopping the process and not sure it can be added after the fact....

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.