Nasturtium

Happy Saturday! It's Caturday!

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morning, everybody. Stay safe, Noura. Bridget, how are you feeling today?

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Prayers to you Noura, hope you stay dry and safe!!!! Happy Caturday everyone. Hubby has to work today, darn. Kind of spoils what i had planned for the day. oh well. Have a good weekend. The parade of Harleys is gonna be on in about 30 min. Gotta go watch it!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Be safe Noura! Will you evacuate? Any FEMA trucks rollin thru yet? I will be watching your weather closely Sunday night. We could always have a 'Hurriane Party' in the chat room Sunday night in your honor. :D

Happy Saturday ya'll

Jax

Thanks Jax! A hurricane party in chat just might be fun! I won't be evacuating but New Orleans starts evacuations today. Honestly, where our house is in BR, we should be fine. Probably just some nasty weather (high winds & rain). My only fear (w/ most hurricanes) is a tree falling on our house or something flying through a window. Other than that, loss of power and/or water is next on the list. We're on a really good grid though. Even through Katrina, we only lost power for 6 hours. Rita, however, knocked our power out for a few days - I was in Morocco at the time, but I had Katrina evacuees staying at my house while I was gone.

From what people are saying today, Gustav is not our biggest concern, it's Hannah, who's flying in right behind him! :unsure: We'll see what happens w/ Gustav first, then deal w/ Hannah.

Anyone for a hurrication? :star:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes & prayers! We'll be needing them. As for my errands, I'm glad I got out early. I passed the campus exits on the I-state @ 8:50 - a little traffic, not bad. At 9:10 (on my way back) - traffic backed up for a long ways! Whew! I missed it.

N

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning everyone! Hope you are having a good Saturday!! It's crazy weather in the southwest

also. Hubby saw his first gila monster yesterday evening!! We live at the base of the

Catalina mtns with ALL the critters, cactus etc...He loves looking at the desert!

We're going to Tombstone tomorrow....living in the wild wild west!!

Have a great 3 day weekend and stay safe!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I noticed the gas prices are going up daily since word of the hurricane coming. They were $3.37 on Tuesday. Then on Thursday it was $3.47 and yesterday it was $3.55 :( Hopefully things will be fine and the gas stations are just overreacting. Be careful Noura. I hope it doesn't hit your area so bad.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Noura stay safe!!!!!

I'm here and still nauseous. Woke up at 6:30 to drive hubby to work, came back and slept in till noon. That means I lost 4 hours of clean the house time. :crying: I'm *still* not ready for Ramadan. This whole hubby workin' on the weekend is messin' with my head. I can't function!!!!! How does that happen? I functioned fine by myself for YEARS and now he's not here and I don't know what to do with myself. He's the type that gets us going you know? Like we'll be sitting drinking tea/coffee and all of a sudden I'll hear, "ok that's enough let's get going....I'll bring laundry down while you clean the bathroom". I miss that!!! :crying:

Edited by bridget

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
sa029.jpg

Catagory 3 storm coming right towards me, they are really going crazy with what happened in Katrina, but it looks bad bad bad, just pray this this little ###### doesn't go to a 4, how I love hurricanes, NOT!!!!!!! I am still getting over Ivan. I will update you all, girls around me, hang in there, and pray the weather turns cool after the storm since a couple of weeks without airconditioning is always a damn good time. :crying: This will be my 8th hurricane to go through, someone stop the bleeding :wow:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
Catagory 3 storm coming right towards me, they are really going crazy with what happened in Katrina, but it looks bad bad bad, just pray this this little ###### doesn't go to a 4, how I love hurricanes, NOT!!!!!!! I am still getting over Ivan. I will update you all, girls around me, hang in there, and pray the weather turns cool after the storm since a couple of weeks without airconditioning is always a damn good time. :crying: This will be my 8th hurricane to go through, someone stop the bleeding :wow:

Ganja, I feel ya... I'll be thinking of you as you will get it before me. Hopefully it loses strength before it hits land. Stay safe girl! (F)

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Girl now we wait and see where we will be when the party comes. lol, will we be the guest of honor or just hanging around without any bad things happening, but I have bad feeling about this year, since we have been sitting pretty for a little while since Kartina, and I think they just updated this party to a cat 4, and when it finally settles into the gulf and the very warm water, we might just get as lucky to have the party updated to a cat 5, now that is a damn good time for all, sounds like a big old party will be coming, and behind it is more of the fun.

Of course I was the guest of honor on this one, this picture is just down the road from me, great party, never forget that good time.

ivan.jpg

Andrew was a party kind of guy, remember that good freaking time.

hurrica.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

It looks as though New Orleans isn't playing around this time. I read this just now in a news article:

NEW ORLEANS - Police with bullhorns plan to go street to street this weekend with a tough message about getting out ahead of Hurricane Gustav: This time there will be no shelter of last resort. The doors to the Superdome will be locked. Those who stay will be on their own.

New forecasts Friday made it increasingly clear that New Orleans will get some kind of hit — direct or indirect — by early next week. That raised the likelihood people would have to flee, and the city suggested a full-scale evacuation call could come as soon as Sunday.

Those among New Orleans' estimated 310,000 to 340,000 residents who ignore orders to leave accept "all responsibility for themselves and their loved ones," the city's emergency preparedness director, Jerry Sneed, has warned.

As Katrina approached in 2005, as many as 30,000 people who either could not or would not evacuate jammed the Louisiana Superdome and the riverfront convention center. They spent days waiting for rescue in squalid conditions. Some died.

Stung by the images that flashed across the world, including the photo of an elderly woman dead in her wheelchair, her bodied covered with a blanket, officials promised to find a better way.

This time, the city has taken steps to ensure no one has an excuse not to leave. The state has a $7 million contract to provide 700 buses to evacuate the elderly, the sick and anyone around the region without transportation.

Officials also plan to announce a curfew that will mean the arrest of anyone still on the streets after a mandatory evacuation order goes out. Police and National Guardsman will patrol after the storm's arrival, and Gov. Bobby Jindal has said he requested additional urban search and rescue teams.

The story goes on from there, but this was the basic point.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
It looks as though New Orleans isn't playing around this time. I read this just now in a news article:

NEW ORLEANS - Police with bullhorns plan to go street to street this weekend with a tough message about getting out ahead of Hurricane Gustav: This time there will be no shelter of last resort. The doors to the Superdome will be locked. Those who stay will be on their own.

New forecasts Friday made it increasingly clear that New Orleans will get some kind of hit — direct or indirect — by early next week. That raised the likelihood people would have to flee, and the city suggested a full-scale evacuation call could come as soon as Sunday.

Those among New Orleans' estimated 310,000 to 340,000 residents who ignore orders to leave accept "all responsibility for themselves and their loved ones," the city's emergency preparedness director, Jerry Sneed, has warned.

As Katrina approached in 2005, as many as 30,000 people who either could not or would not evacuate jammed the Louisiana Superdome and the riverfront convention center. They spent days waiting for rescue in squalid conditions. Some died.

Stung by the images that flashed across the world, including the photo of an elderly woman dead in her wheelchair, her bodied covered with a blanket, officials promised to find a better way.

This time, the city has taken steps to ensure no one has an excuse not to leave. The state has a $7 million contract to provide 700 buses to evacuate the elderly, the sick and anyone around the region without transportation.

Officials also plan to announce a curfew that will mean the arrest of anyone still on the streets after a mandatory evacuation order goes out. Police and National Guardsman will patrol after the storm's arrival, and Gov. Bobby Jindal has said he requested additional urban search and rescue teams.

The story goes on from there, but this was the basic point.

Yep, they're serious about it, too! Suggested evacuation started yesterday, mandatory evacs will start tomorrow. They've already sent buses in to evacuate those w/ no means to evacuate themselves. Curfew is a serious thing too. They will put your azz in jail for being out past curfew - they have room - the inmates have already been evacuated from the prisons. I think the governor is bound and determined not to let another "Katrina" happen.

BJsTm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.