Yarima

Withdrawal of petition on behalf of relative HELP!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I submitted the form "Withdrawal of petition on behalf of relative" when I started suspecting different intentions from my wife. I was in the process of going through divorce, but she started to show her true intentions. This document was submitted at my local USCIS office two weeks ago.

Anyways, I want to know what is the effect of this document. When is it effective, when does she officially stand as illegal in the states. Do I have to withdraw from the I-864 to free myself from any further financial burden? Or does this document (withdrawal of petition on behalf of relative) automatically free me up from any financial obligations? I want to be sure of this, since I submitted the AOS papers on June and want to be sure this is effective before she gets her AOS.

She (my "wife") has told me that at least something she has to get from all of this, some pice of the pie. This really tells a lot about what that person really wants from this relationship. Telling her that I didn't want to be with her anymore didn't make her mad. Telling her that I stopped the AOS process got her really mad. Go figure. By the way, the whole relationship was a disaster, and trying to make it work was useless. Yes, it's my fault that I never paid attention to the signs.

She refuses to sign the divorce papers. So I don't know what to do. Given the fact that she distorts tha facts and lies, she can be a menace in front of a court judge or god knows what she can say to run me over. Really, I was very considerate with her, I gave her all that I could even though I am not rich, and I gave her more than enough chances to redeem herself. I lost feelings in the way, and I took a lot of beatings too (emotional).

If anyone can help, I will gladly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My understanding is that until greencard is approved the I-864 is not effective... If the greencard is or has been approved then there is no withdrawal of the I-864 unless certain specific criteria are met (either parties death, alien becomes a citizen, alien departs the country, or alien acquires 40 quarters of qualifying work).

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
I submitted the form "Withdrawal of petition on behalf of relative" when I started suspecting different intentions from my wife. I was in the process of going through divorce, but she started to show her true intentions. This document was submitted at my local USCIS office two weeks ago.

Anyways, I want to know what is the effect of this document. When is it effective, when does she officially stand as illegal in the states. Do I have to withdraw from the I-864 to free myself from any further financial burden? Or does this document (withdrawal of petition on behalf of relative) automatically free me up from any financial obligations? I want to be sure of this, since I submitted the AOS papers on June and want to be sure this is effective before she gets her AOS.

She (my "wife") has told me that at least something she has to get from all of this, some pice of the pie. This really tells a lot about what that person really wants from this relationship. Telling her that I didn't want to be with her anymore didn't make her mad. Telling her that I stopped the AOS process got her really mad. Go figure. By the way, the whole relationship was a disaster, and trying to make it work was useless. Yes, it's my fault that I never paid attention to the signs.

She refuses to sign the divorce papers. So I don't know what to do. Given the fact that she distorts tha facts and lies, she can be a menace in front of a court judge or god knows what she can say to run me over. Really, I was very considerate with her, I gave her all that I could even though I am not rich, and I gave her more than enough chances to redeem herself. I lost feelings in the way, and I took a lot of beatings too (emotional).

Thank you.

if she does not sign the divorce papers... just wait until her visa expires, then call immigrations on her if she does not leave. You can divorce her without her signature. I would take all your money out of your bank and get it out of her name ASAP!

and do not have a kid.... that will come back to bite youin the ###

Edited by Moto-zutto

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
if she does not sign the divorce papers... just wait until her visa expires, then call immigrations on her if she does not leave. You can divorce her without her signature. I would take all your money out of your bank and get it out of her name ASAP!

Yeah, I did not have kids with her. But apparently the paper I submitted cancelled the AOS process completely, without any chances of turning back. How long does the K-1 visa last?

Timeline

Yeah, I did not have kids with her. But apparently the paper I submitted cancelled the AOS process completely, without any chances of turning back. How long does the K-1 visa last?

Until the day she entered.... then the K-1 visa is meaningless... The I-94 then governs....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

when did she get her.. i thought it lasted only 3 months.. so they did cancel the process... good.. well done.. i hate when people pretend like that.. at least you did try to make it work but thank God she showed her true colors.. :angry:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Once her I-94 expires (90 days after entry), she'll be out of status and illegally in the US. That doesn't mean much, they won't send out a search team to grab her up or anything. There are millions and millions of illegals walking our streets as free as you and I. If you called immigration and reported her, they may come get her and deport her a** back to where she came from. Destroy any NOA's you received for AOS as that could be used to show you are pending AOS.

You should definitely get a good lawyer because if her intent was to come here just to get a greencard, she will try to make the divorce difficult. You don't need her signature either.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Timeline
The I-94 has a stamp that says "Admitted MAR 09 2008" and below it reads "Class Until Jun 07 2008". I assume that everything has expired then. And she in a immigration limbo now that I have cancelled the AOS process. Can she be deported?

Not 100% sure but technically I believe so ...

YMMV

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you.

All you have to do is file for a divorce and have her served. It's not like you need her permission. She should go talk to her own attorney, as she is not entitled to anything for a short term marriage. It's only what yu guys agree among yourselves.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.