2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you for your reply, SO, I guess he will just take his chances and I will report pack for others that might go through AP at the New Delhi Embassy.

This process has confirmed my sneaking suspension that I am a control freak... via the withdrawal symptoms that I have been experiencing.. <sudden out burst, crazy emails at 1am to the President of the US, posting weird pics that only I laugh at,angry replies on VJ to innocent ppl>

All the statistics that I have looked at were so sporadic that I figured my case could of been finished from 1 week into Ap to over a year... not to mention in WhatzNexts AP Tracker ppl from India had the highest number of denials :(

Thank you for your encouragement... to think that it would only be 1 to 2 more months is exciting... :thumbs:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone I'm new to this, my Wife had her interview in Islamabad on May 7th. She recieved a light green paper at the end of the interview stating temporarily refused for adminstrative processing. Also states that it can take 2-3 months but no maximin time. They kept her passport and gave her token to pick her visa...can someone please give their insights and kindly give me some info since I have been calling DOS and they keep saying under adminstrative processing...I'm a US Citizen. We got married last year, June 10th 2009.

What's critical is...the paper she(my wife) got on her interview, that says temporarily refused for admistrative processing...

Hi,

Thanks...yes it has been a ride I must say...a ride that is so depressing.

I wish they would do the name/background checks prior to the interview or at least establish a STATUS CHECK system for us folks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

To those who are new to this forum...welcome (although I wish you guys weren't here). AP/AR is a heart wrenching process for all of us who are in AP. Basically, the gov does additional checks (backgrount, etc.) while we wait to hear from them. You can't really do anything to get out of AP until they have cleared your name.

So, welcome. The first few weeks are really tough....but for me so far it has been one emotional roller coaster and I am sure for mos others as well. All APers here are good support and people who truly understand what your going through.

Welcome and wishing all speedy AP.

Where is treehuger? I haven't seen her here lately. Hope she is well!!

Hi,

Thanks...yes it has been a ride I must say...a ride that is so depressing.

I wish they would do the name/background checks prior to the interview or at least establish a STATUS CHECK system for us folks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They have been working on moving the system over to a computerized one for some time... This will likely not be something that goes into effect for a long time due to the infrastructure requirements and the fact that we are dealing with offices around the world...

Obama did say that he wants transparency, but we are still far from true transparency.. but this system in reality should have only a limited level of transparency due to the element they are trying to ditect..

The cases that require additional checks should have a copy of the file sent to the appropriate agency when the NOA2 is issued... this would allow sufficient time before the interview...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The cases that require additional checks should have a copy of the file sent to the appropriate agency when the NOA2 is issued... this would allow sufficient time before the interview...

Agreed!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys , nothing new on my end except for the fact that I recently discovered the Juarez consulate has a sort "track" system for people on AP ...

:thumbs: there's nothing there about my case yet but judging by the dates on the other case numbers mine can't be too far away. At least is something else that I can check to keep myself busy. So any other mexico AP users, here you go :blush:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/res_iv_info.html

:dance: united we stand, lets keep our hopes up

Married: 6/5/2009

I-130 Sent: 11/6/2009

NOA1:11/13/2009 (CSC)

NOA2:02/12/2010 (3 months from NOA1)

NVC received:02/23/2010

Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill:02/23/2010

received IV bill:03/30/2010

Interview date:JULY 2, 2010 (consul said my husband was approved):)

Extra steps: Turns out in Juarez they do not tell you the final result of interview on the spot, you have to wait to receive a DHL package that contains the verdict and passport hopefully. Even though my husband was "approved" during interview (per consul answer) he was placed in Administrative Review on JUly 6 according to consulate operator.

Placed on AR post interview:07/06/2010

Picked up Blue slip AR (they kept his passport):7/09/2010

Visa issued: 09/15/2010

I was in AP for 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days

Completed my journey in 10 months, 2 weeks and 2 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thank you for your reply, SO, I guess he will just take his chances and I will report pack for others that might go through AP at the New Delhi Embassy.

This process has confirmed my sneaking suspension that I am a control freak... via the withdrawal symptoms that I have been experiencing.. <sudden out burst, crazy emails at 1am to the President of the US, posting weird pics that only I laugh at,angry replies on VJ to innocent ppl>

All the statistics that I have looked at were so sporadic that I figured my case could of been finished from 1 week into Ap to over a year... not to mention in WhatzNexts AP Tracker ppl from India had the highest number of denials :(

Thank you for your encouragement... to think that it would only be 1 to 2 more months is exciting... :thumbs:

I am also a serious control freak so this whole process has been hard for me because there is no way you can control this.I have gone form anger to crazy to sadness to depression then finally now i am at acceptance. Ok so u might think this is funny but i use to work at a drug rehap. And its kinda like aa and na. Step 1You have to admit you are powerless to control our journey,the dos and the embassey. Thats the hardest step. for me and you for sure. Step 2.Believe that a power greater than ourselves can resort us to sanity. and so on.....Its called the 12 steps to recovery. I seem to be better after seven months of Ap. I have had to find a creative outlet for my crazed energy from nerves because i was having problems with a bleeding ulser from worry. So i opened Shutup&drive. It is keeping me so busy i dont have much time for going insane waiting. i miss Alen so much . The other half of me is missing but i must go on and do this so im ok and it will give us a great income. He want even have to look for work when he adjusts his status because i will have a job at our business for him. It takes alot to open a state approved driving school but it is very lucritive. So if you are so crazy from worry and not being able to control this. Do you work? Have hobbys? try and find something you can do to take you mind off the wait. It really has helped me alot. And i have ocd and am a control freak....

Edited by bridget and alen

bridget

Timeline

I am also a serious control freak so this whole process has been hard for me because there is no way you can control this.I have gone form anger to crazy to sadness to depression then finally now i am at acceptance. Ok so u might think this is funny but i use to work at a drug rehap. And its kinda like aa and na. Step 1You have to admit you are powerless to control our journey,the dos and the embassey. Thats the hardest step. for me and you for sure. Step 2.Believe that a power greater than ourselves can resort us to sanity. and so on.....Its called the 12 steps to recovery. I seem to be better after seven months of Ap. I have had to find a creative outlet for my crazed energy from nerves because i was having problems with a bleeding ulser from worry. So i opened Shutup&drive. It is keeping me so busy i dont have much time for going insane waiting. i miss Alen so much . The other half of me is missing but i must go on and do this so im ok and it will give us a great income. He want even have to look for work when he adjusts his status because i will have a job at our business for him. It takes alot to open a state approved driving school but it is very lucritive. So if you are so crazy from worry and not being able to control this. Do you work? Have hobbys? try and find something you can do to take you mind off the wait. It really has helped me alot. And i have ocd and am a control freak....

LOL... I work 2 jobs..I have several hobbies one being I am learning Hindi.. I have some days that are better than others.. but all in all I think I am doing very well..I have thought about opening another buisness but right now I am lacking the motivation.. I know this too shall pass... I just wish it would pass sooner than later

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

LOL... I work 2 jobs..I have several hobbies one being I am learning Hindi.. I have some days that are better than others.. but all in all I think I am doing very well..I have thought about opening another buisness but right now I am lacking the motivation.. I know this too shall pass... I just wish it would pass sooner than later

lol you sound like a busy girl already...

bridget

Timeline

lol you sound like a busy girl already...

if you only knew... between the 3 kids, parents, grandparents, dogs, chickens and work I am torn in 1000 different directions.. then I try to keep my husband happy so I spend several hours a day on the phone with him.. I dont know how I have time to get all bent out of shape thinking about this process... but I do...

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Timeline

if you only knew... between the 3 kids, parents, grandparents, dogs, chickens and work I am torn in 1000 different directions.. then I try to keep my husband happy so I spend several hours a day on the phone with him.. I dont know how I have time to get all bent out of shape thinking about this process... but I do...

omg ...and you still have time to get pissed off....

bridget

foreverwaitting2 did you get the fax number? Just wondering if you did not thats fine.:)

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

So i dont know if its a girl thing or just an us thing but i too am a control freak. AP is a just a way to say HA HA you cant do anything, which i personally think sucks. Anywayz tho, so im sure like many others Monday is just another day to contact DOS. Well, I did and I'm telling you guys DOS is a big joke. I mean I know I have said this sooooo many times before but they are like no help. still just pending AP. thats all i hear from them.

well last month i contacted my senator and asked him for help. well, the only advice i have for people is if you are in AP dont waste your time becasue they will truly do nothing for you. all they will do is email the embassy, wait for a response (which im sure is generic like the rest of their emails),than send u the later they received from the embassy. Im truly not trying to discourage anyone, and im sorry if it seems like that, im just sharing my experience with this bc i know alot of people think hey my congress person should be able to do something since they do work for the U.S. I have typed up the letter i received from them for anyone who's interested in reading it. If anyone has ever received a letter like that or maybe wants to share their opinions or thoughts about it, i'm all ears. I kinda thought it was depressing, but.... hey that's me. lol. well here ya go guys..

dear senator XXXXX,

i am writng in response to your email dated june 16, 2010, regarding the immigrant visa application of mr. XXXXXXXXX.

mr. XXXXXXX visa application continues to pend administrative processing. despite our efforts to complete processing of this application, it is nevertheless not yet complete. we are unable to proceed with mr. XXXXXX visa appliaction until the administrative processing is complete.

while i wish that i could provide a more positive response, i hope this information is nonetheless helpful. as soon as XXXXXXX visa is ready for issuance, we will contact him directly

should XXXXXX require further assistance or request information about the status of his case, he may contact our office directly by email at jerusalemiva@state.gov.

sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

acting visa chief

foreverwaitting2 did you get the fax number? Just wondering if you did not thats fine.:)

Hey MQ, yea I finally found it. sorry again, i have pregnancy brain so it makes me kinda forgetful sometimes. lol. lemme just tell u tho, i still havent received a response from them so I dont know if they got it, but the number went through so maybe they are beinng big meanies about it or just plain lazy. It worked last time i sent it so maybe you'll have better luck with it. the number is 01197226259270. the 011 part is bc we're from here so if ur sending it u need to include that, if its him it would be the rest of the number without 011. good luck with it, inshallah they contact u. oh also, today when i called dos they said they had updated my new number which i included in the fax, so maybe they did and just dont want to reply bc they feel like im bothering them lol. i dunno. anywayz good luck hun.

Timeline

i have pregnancy brain so it makes me kinda forgetful sometimes. lol.

OMG... am I reading this correctly.. are you prego? If so when are you due?

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.