Señorita Tessa

Does age matter...?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My boy friend in California just filed an I129F petition and now he's concerned if the USCIS or the American Embassy in Manila will frown on the petition because he is now into his 60s. Right now he has a respectable job as a white collar professional but what bugs him is that he'll be retiring pretty soon. Do you think that because he will be on fixed retirement income soon, will the immigration gods be unkind to him, albeit he has lots of pension funds, for working in the U.S. for almort 35 years, in IRAs, 457k and deferred compensation plans in addition to his then monthly SSA benefits and pension from his current employer. Furthermore, the preponderance of the distributions from the pension plans will be used to purchase a single premium immediate annuity to enhance his monthly income. Likewise, he currently has a 200% equity on his home.

The other story is that my fiance is a widower and was married to my older sister for so many years before she passed away recently. He loves me and I love him and we want to be together forever. Again, will the USCIS or the American Embassy put a stopper to our journey just because I'm marrying ex- brother-in-law? :help::help::help:

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

It shouldn't matter as long as he has the means to support you. If there is a significant age different between the two of you, you may come under some scrutiny so make sure you have tons of proof of a bona fide relationship.

You both may also face some further skepticism because of the fact that your fiance was married to your sister, again, make sure you have as much evidence possible.

Good Luck.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

My boy friend in California just filed an I129F petition and now he's concerned if the USCIS or the American Embassy in Manila will frown on the petition because he is now into his 60s. Right now he has a respectable job as a white collar professional but what bugs him is that he'll be retiring pretty soon. Do you think that because he will be on fixed retirement income soon, will the immigration gods be unkind to him, albeit he has lots of pension funds, for working in the U.S. for almort 35 years, in IRAs, 457k and deferred compensation plans in addition to his then monthly SSA benefits and pension from his current employer. Furthermore, the preponderance of the distributions from the pension plans will be used to purchase a single premium immediate annuity to enhance his monthly income. Likewise, he currently has a 200% equity on his home.

The other story is that my fiance is a widower and was married to my older sister for so many years before she passed away recently. He loves me and I love him and we want to be together forever. Again, will the USCIS or the American Embassy put a stopper to our journey just because I'm marrying ex- brother-in-law? :help::help::help:

:wow: That's a different situation! Why not?

I don't know of any reason this would be a problem.

I'm not sure I would tell the Authorities anything unless they ask! But that's always good advise...

Age doesn't matter! Never believed that before, but I do now! :rofl:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Income is income. Retirement income, if sufficient, will be just fine.

They would never deny a visa because you fiance is your sister's widower. What you need to deal with is showing a current, ongoing bona fide relationship. There's lots of discussion on the subject but the best evidence is time together.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi everyone,

"He loves me and I love him"!

Main thing is for you guys to get a LOT of evidence of such. Have him make a couple lenghtly trips to be with you. LOTS of pictures with you, your family and him.

Lots of daily communication records also.

Down play how well off he is. Just so he meets the minimum financial requirements.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it should not be a problem, but i already heard so many horror stories about this situations, that the console can give you a hard time during interview, though i heard , some didn't have any problem. good luck!

Wierd.

Why would you want to marry the husband of your sister.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Sweetie..It wont matter as long as you both can prove it is legit and he can support you...tell him to stop stressing.

I thought the same thing till I found many who are in age gaps ( mine is 21 year age difference) who got a visa and are very HAPPY

HUGS!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Is this the second time you have posted this question recently? Only last time, it was "a friend of mine" type scenario? I know I just heard the same thing. You have 2 kids?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Is this the second time you have posted this question recently? Only last time, it was "a friend of mine" type scenario? I know I just heard the same thing. You have 2 kids?

:unsure:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Why would the CO even ask about his earlier wife's relationship to you? It is irrelevant.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Why would the CO even ask about his earlier wife's relationship to you? It is irrelevant.

The CO doesn't know if it's relevant until after the questions are answered. You can bet your britches questions will be asked about this.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
If the CO were to read the deceased wifes death certificate, the last name would be the same and the country of birth.

Then there's the whole "How did you meet?" issue as well as with most high fraud countries, the required supplimental family information form. China's is quite extensive. What kind of family information needs to be provided in the PI?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.