sukie175

World Cup anybody?

2,088 posts in this topic

Wow -- as uninspiring as England have been (would love to see more of Lennon and see Gerrard upfront) I totally fancy their chances against Portugal, who might have to play without Ronaldo (twinkletoes) and will definitely have to do without DEco and Costinha

90day.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't count because I was born in South America, but I saw some US-born blacks interested as well ... I am guessing because of Trinidad. They know Trinis at work and at play and they can identify and ask questions and not feel "dumb". I say in another five years or so more Americans will be into football in general and the World Cup in particular.

I wonder what will happen to increase excitement about soccer? New coach? They finally start showing it on TV?

exposure is everything... i had no clue about world cup soccer, much less how into soccer every other country in the world is... but now, because of my Tobe and because we can actually SEE games and the fans, i think it will catch on quickly here in america

Portagual 1-0 at half.

That red card was stuipd. He was in no way near anyone why shown a 2nd yellow then a red.

he made a hands ball... it was obvious and deliberate... he stuck out his hand to the ball... isnt he suppose to use his foot? isnt that why its called "football"?

and im just a stupid, dumb, ignorant american, and even i could see that (editting to note the sarcasm)

I did not see any hand ball. you may of saw something else. as a mater of fact, I did not even see a ball even close to him..

i think you had a flash back to american football and you got it confussed. (edit to note more sarcasm back at you)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

As some of the US pundits have been saying, if England can get to the quarter finals playing the uninteresting and lack luster way that they have been, who knows what they might be capable of if the team actually played to their full potential !!

England haven't impressed anyone yet this world cup (myself included)... results are results but they can't expect to settle for draws or be handed own goals on a platter in the latter stages of a tournament like this. I would love to see England go all the way but unless they collectivley buck up their ideas and show they want it more than the other guys, it'll be another early bath for the three lions !!

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: Timeline

Can I just say I that "americans don't care about the world cup"? is a load of #######?

we missed the whole first half running around trying to find a pub/bar that was showing the world cup that wasn't filled up and not admitting new people? This was for an 8am kick-off, and we left the house at 7:30am.

thank you-that is a load of #######

I know a lot of people that are following the games-I just wish the American team coud play against these teams more often-we just aren't getting enough practice.

I am at a new part-time job now-I would much rather be out with the girls-having a drink & watching all the footballer's.........................I mean the matches ;):P

Many of the American players actually play for English footy teams, so they should have plenty of practice! :yes:

Slightly worried after watching Portugal on fire tonight...hoping those 2 players that got red cards are crucial ones for England's sake!!

Btw we had to watch it later on a spanish channel and their commentary was awhole lot more entertaining than ABC's, even though we never understood a word of it!! They still managed to convery a whole ton of enthusiasm and excitement :lol:

Slightly worried after watching Portugal on fire tonight...hoping those 2 players that got red cards are crucial ones for England's sake!!

Btw we had to watch it later on a spanish channel and their commentary was awhole lot more entertaining than ABC's, even though we never understood a word of it!! They still managed to convery a whole ton of enthusiasm and excitement :lol:

The abc commentators are chit! I remember the first time hearing them call a penalty kick a 'PK'....Dave was here and was like 'America! ** yeah!'

:lol:

What a match!!! That was so violent and dirty yet entertaining to me

Best match I have seen. If all the matches were like that soccer would certainly be watched by more people in the U.S. Have to give it to Portugal they held off the Netherlands being down a man 2/3 of the match.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Can't agree with you guys, last night game between portugal and netherlands wasn't good at all...

i'd rather watch rugby than a soccer game like this.

Anyway, today's game are Italy against Australia, and swizterland against ukraine.

Hope we'll see better games than yesterday, and more goals ;)

juniban67pc.jpg

tgrtgrtr9vc4kr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Quite nervous for today's matchup. I KNOW we CAN win...but will we...ARGH nervewracking.

GO SOCCEROOS!! Sorry italian fans :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Go Australia!! :dance::dance::dance:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry I don't hate Italy, but you know Brazil and Italy have a story together, so GO AUSTRALIA!! :dance::P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Sorry I don't hate Italy, but you know Brazil and Italy have a story together, so GO AUSTRALIA!!

I know :P It's just that everyone in here seems to be cheering for the team against us pretty much every time(besides us Italians of course).... what have we done to deserve this???? :crying::crying::P:P

Once again...

FORZA AZZURRI!!!!! :dance::dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI!!!!

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.